Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

xebec wrote:
    Does this require further explanation? I think so.

Woo-hoo: Off to London in the morning, only have about 2 hours of wandering time, but I <3 London!

Its an economics thing.. :rolleyes:

Best of luck in London, I'm there next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

To celebrate the end of the exams, I announce that there shall be economics fun to be had in the Pav this afternoon. Celebrations shall commence at 4pm in the GMB.

We shall drink Bavaria, we shall play Rally 3D over Bluetooth, we shall recite proofs of Cauchy sequences and if Iain allows, we'll all go down that tunnel of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:
    we shall recite proofs of Cauchy sequences
    Enda, Cauchy sequences aren't on the test.

And Bluetooth rallying FTW.

europerson wrote:
    Cauchy sequences aren't on the test.
    I know these things.
    And Bluetooth rallying FTW.
    Agreed. Rallying World Cup FTW.
    Laika wrote:
    You had a joke?
    You mentioned you got tickets to an event that concerned Arcade Fire (incidentally, my rockin' girlfriend got me tickets too) and Pet was very confused altogether.

I told him his parents should have named him Laika, as a hint.

Not sure whether this is a woohoo or not, especially as my reaction to this was 'fucking hell' but how and ever...

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2007/0316/breaking82.htm

image_175184_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Ibid wrote:
    You mentioned you got tickets to an event that concerned Arcade Fire (incidentally, my rockin' girlfriend got me tickets too) and Pet was very confused altogether.

I told him his parents should have named him Laika, as a hint.

Uh, yeah. Suffice to say, I didn't base my name on a joke that you made in passing about 2 months ago :p

Whats with the name?? Its still kind of confusing me when reading posts.. :(

Whats with the name?? Its still kind of confusing me when reading posts.. :(

Sorry bout that - I just got a bit bored with stargal and preferred this one for a couple of reasons (none of which involved Ibid!). If it helps, I've added 'ex-stargal' under my name...

Bit odd since I've been used to 'Stargal' since the old SU boards. It took you that long to get bored of it though?

Myth wrote:
    Bit odd since I've been used to 'Stargal' since the old SU boards. It took you that long to get bored of it though?

Well I think I just got too used to it, and needed a change. It has been five years. And it just seemed kinda appropriate.

And hey, you can't talk - you were Pimp and Ace_Rimmer (!) before you changed it. A_R always killed me; it was probably totally innocent but I always thought it was a weird sex joke that never seemed totally appropriate.

• Advertisement

Laika wrote:
    Well I think I just got too used to it, and needed a change. It has been five years. And it just seemed kinda appropriate.

And hey, you can't talk - you were Pimp and Ace_Rimmer (!) before you changed it. A_R always killed me; it was probably totally innocent but I always thought it was a weird sex joke that never seemed totally appropriate.

I first registered on boards.ie in 2003 with the name 'ThePimp', but this isn't the same account as that (I forgot I had it 'til I was using this one a good few months).

Good old Ace Rimmer. Pity everyone has a dirty mind. Anyways, my point is that I changed in good time - it didn't take me 4 or 5 years!

ace.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

nice pic, smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast. and at the end of the episode, smoke me a kipper SKIPPER i'll be back for breakfast;)

Myth wrote:
    Good old Ace Rimmer. Pity everyone has a dirty mind. Anyways, my point is that I changed in good time - it didn't take me 4 or 5 years!

Quel cheek! Where's that ignore button? :p

I figure everyone will get used to it pretty quickly. Ibid's angry_banana days are long gone and I can't even remember what Nietzschean's name used to be anymore.

Serenity, Triceradon, and several others along the way...

So, final post on this... is it pronounced Lake-a, or Lie-ka?

Now that you say it I do actually remember those names.

And it's Lie-ka. First dog in space. And an Arcade Fire song.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i liked stargal myself tbh

/me inserts ramdom smiley...

emot-awesome.gif

She's taken Smith.

toasted.jpg

See?

God, Myth, could you take down that photo? I really hate it. I look ridiculous.

i liked stargal myself tbh

/me inserts ramdom smiley...

Aw thanks AS. It was a bit too girly I think.

Duly edited out, for the second time.

• Advertisement

Thanks dude, appreciate it. What did you mean, 'for the second time'?

That's the second time that I put up that pic. You said pretty much the exact same thing both times. The last time I put up that random sheep John Hegarty link.

/5000th post. Whoa.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've better blackmail pics of stargal/Laiki tbh

Myth wrote:
    That's the second time that I put up that pic. You said pretty much the exact same thing both times.

Hey, at least I'm consistent :D
    i've better blackmail pics of stargal/Laika tbh

Pipe down there, blackmail boy.

Woohoo, I have informations that will interest and jealousify europerson and b.ie curious.

One of our lecturers - I'm sure you'll be able to figure out which one - has a degree in psychology and is a black belt in Judo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

has he got grey hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ibid wrote:
    Woohoo, I have informations that will interest and jealousify europerson and b.ie curious.

One of our lecturers - I'm sure you'll be able to figure out which one - has a degree in psychology and is a black belt in Judo!
    b.ie curious and europerson want to be psych majoring judokas? odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ibid wrote:

Lookie what I found!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:

I'd say he has a site, where Cormac found that link...?

• Advertisement

Who's Cormac again?

Advertisement