Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Myth wrote:
    Who's Cormac again?
    Mise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Myth wrote:
    Who's Cormac again?
    Sorry: sometimes referring to people I know by their screen names feels a bit wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I saw hot fuzz last night - was a great film :D

also, walking back through town last night it started snowing again - was kinda sweet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Yeah I've seen it too, really really good. "FACIST" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Good film :) Maybe a bit long but still funny. I've never seen Timothy Dalton enjoy a role so much before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Just did a 10k cycle and managed to evade death at the hands of stupid drivers yet again. That's definitely a whoo-hoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

It's not that dangerous. That's just and excuse for folk to take public transport so they have something to complain about.

Woo hoo: Lungs seem to be returning to proper(ish) working levels. A dose of the consumption must be doing the rounds or something. ("ring a ring a rosies" *awaits plague carriage*)

A v nice boardsie just offered to give me a computer for my bike so I can measure how far I'm cycling and other bike-related stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

got reading tickets today, gonna be totally great, smahing pumpkins, NIN, kings of leon, its a total woo-hoo moment

Yeah it's an excellent line-up (Arcade Fire are playing too!). It'd be great if some of those bands came over here for some of the summer gigs.

yeah its totally gonna be great, then a few days in london, boom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I will sell organs to see the Smashing Pumpkins if needs be, but only if they play in a dedicated venue.

reading is an amazing festival, have been twice before you should consider going. although i have seen them in dedicated venues so maybe i have been contented by their greatness and am just happy to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Woohoo, I got a First!

And the SER is coming along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Ibid wrote:
    Woohoo, I got a First!

In?

Economic Analysis..

I got one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

All but one of my exams are finished. I've only done hideously in one of them. I have half my essay for the general paper written and 8 days off to write the rest. I should get about 15 hours sleep tonight, which is more than I've gotten in this entire week so far combined. And I'm heading down to Limerick tomorrow to get stinkingly drunk and play frisbee. Life is good.

Similar. I have two exams to go; I did disastrously in the one yesterday, but in hindsight, it's good; I'm no longer under that unrealistic, get-75%-in-my-next-two-exams-to-average-a-first pressure. I have 7 days til my next exams, during which I can prepare comfortably.
    Also, I slept for 14 hours last night, which was blissful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Excellent. Then we're all happy!

Oh, and to add to the list above, I'm on the team for Speedball intervarsities. All in all, a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Similar. I have two exams to go; I did disastrously in the one yesterday, but in hindsight, it's good; I'm no longer under that unrealistic, get-75%-in-my-next-two-exams-to-average-a-first pressure. I have 7 days til my next exams, during which I can prepare comfortably.
    Also, I slept for 14 hours last night, which was blissful.

Too bad about the exam yesterday. What subject/paper was it?

Geography. It was a hodgepodge paper; statistical methods, an urban fieldtrip question, and a general set essay on history/philosophy of Geography (which I only wrote the night before). I was underprepared for it, so I have nobody to blame.

Still, though, I hate set essays, they just seem pointless. If I had less integrity, I could have easily paid for one on ukessays.com, and I'm sure other people have done so in the past.

Did a group project on environmental engineering, just got word that our group got 80.6% in it, which was apparently the highest in the class. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Have just been made a moderator :D

Welcome to the fold :) For what forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Aye? odd that it doesn't appear under your name. Glitch I suppose

EDIT: A bit of procrastination, voyeurism and skillz (i.e. looking up your last 20 posts here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/modutils.php ) let me find out it's the investments and marketing forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=859

You AND Ibid it seems. Means he's got 2 forums now yesh. Sound...

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Aye? odd that it doesn't appear under your name. Glitch I suppose

Glitch? Or subscriber!?!

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently silver stars mean you're a mod and red stars mean you're a subscriber. Obviously I'm a mod first and subscriber second, I gots me priorities right.

John wrote:
    EDIT: Nevermind, apparently silver stars mean you're a mod and red stars mean you're a subscriber. Obviously I'm a mod first and subscriber second, I gots me priorities right.

You can change it in your user cp. I like my pretty red stars, so I'm forsaking the glory of mod stars.

• Advertisement

Laika wrote:
    You can change it in your user cp. I like my pretty red stars, so I'm forsaking the glory of mod stars.

I didn't know that. I might change it when the mood takes me.

Advertisement