Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Aye? odd that it doesn't appear under your name. Glitch I suppose

It's there now. Yep, Ibid and myself are the new mods of Investment and Markets (not marketing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Its a beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

...don't let it get away...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

xebec wrote:
    Markets (not marketing).
    Awesome

Did you know that when a system is in an eigenstate of an operator, and its wavefunction is an eigenfunction of that operator; that the expectation value of the operator is the eigenvalue of that wavefunction? It's great isn't it? *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Did you know that when a system is in an eigenstate of an operator, and its wavefunction is an eigenfunction of that operator; that the expectation value of the operator is the eigenvalue of that wavefunction? It's great isn't it? *hugs*
    High-five!

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You use words that I know, yet the it still doesn't make any sense to me.

Also woohoo number two (it rhyms!):
    The silent treatment. Finally some flipping peace and tranquility. And all I had to do was be rude and insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Also woohoo number two (it rhyms!):
    The silent treatment. Finally some flipping peace and tranquility. And all I had to do was be rude and insulting.

You cad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

My 24 hour hangover is starting to lift. Lawdy lawdy, that was a tough one.

Pet wrote:
    My 24 hour hangover is starting to lift. Lawdy lawdy, that was a tough one.
    I was grand once I got out of bed (5pm). You went green quite often though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Trinity are (once again) Irish intervarsity champions of Ultimate Frisbee. Woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

They have competitions in that? Bring back gladiatorial combat.

Competitions, international championships, the whole shebang. Sport of the future, I'm telling ya...

shay_562 wrote:
    Trinity are (once again) Irish intervarsity champions of Ultimate Frisbee. Woohoo!
    Woohoo indeed. Did you compete yourself?

45 pages completed for my Final Year Project, with one week to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

xebec wrote:
    It's there now. Yep, Ibid and myself are the new mods of Investment and Markets (not marketing).

another one :)

shay_562 wrote:
    Competitions, international championships, the whole shebang. Sport of the future, I'm telling ya...

I'm afraid the number one sport for the future is MMA (ultimate fighting sic) but I'm sure there's space for ultimate frizbee too. I personally think it's cool.

'm afraid the number one sport for the future is MMA (ultimate fighting sic)

Actually, I'll give you that one. It does look incredibly cool. Plus, I love the idea of every major sport having the word "ultimate" attached to it.
    Woohoo indeed. Did you compete yourself?

Not as such - I was playing for the second team. We did somewhat less well (taking the wooden spoon, but not disgracefully so), but I like to think it was our support at the final that made all the difference, so I'd consider it a moral victory if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Myth wrote:
    nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Myth wrote:

Do you not have a limit to the number of pages you can write? We weren't allowed go above 40 (including references).

Ours is limited to 20 pages, but with no limit on appendices (they don't get marked but should add value). 45 pages is huge Myth, no wonder it's been a while since I've seen you wandering around :)

• Advertisement

msiss's FYPs are mickeymouse endeavours anyway :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

msiss's FYPs are mickeymouse endeavours anyway :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh really?! You starting?!

If I tell my supervisor that you said that do you think he'll let me away with submitting a 5 page report?! I wish ;)

What's yours on? How many households will buy a PS3?

80 pages is the limit, bar appendices. But it's double spaced :o

I think ours was 1.5 spacing. I can't remember. In any case, yours is a lot of work to be doing!

John wrote:
    I think ours was 1.5 spacing. I can't remember. In any case, yours is a lot of work to be doing!
    Yeah ours was limited to 30 pages not including appendices. 1.5 spacing and worth 20% of the moderatorship. Had great fun doing it, being away for 3 months and all, not writing it up though (ugh....)

I thought write ups might get more enjoyable when you didn't have a deadline or a load of marks resting on them but I'm struggling to get through a paper I'm writing. You'd think the incentive of getting published would be enough but no, it's gathering the hard drive equivalent of dust as I hide in the lab and work on my next plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

wohoo-

*schols is over
    *going to Amsterdam
    *schols is over
    *going to USI Congress
    *schols is over
    *it's sunny
    *schols is over
    *i'm no longer single
    *schols is over
    *i get to post again
    *schols is over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

little more sober today then are we? .... and forgetting who i am, for shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

little more sober today then are we? .... and forgetting who i am, for shame.

mmh, a bit hungover too.

Advertisement