Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

gilroyb wrote:
    I think the opposite of a blinder would be a one eye wide open. Maybe a bit too graphic in this case. So yeah, you're not allowed say it.
    Cock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

b.ie polar wrote:
    Cock?

Deadly, you know that song too!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Woah...

anyone else surprised by dathai looking at something that swears?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

just saw the shield season 5 finalle, omg how cool was that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I've just had an "I'm so stupid moment". I deleted my post, but it's quoted by a couple of people, so they can still see what I said. :(

• Advertisement

Woah...

anyone else surprised by dathai looking at something that swears?

No?

Woohoo!!

All that working until the small hours of the morning doing econometrics has paid off!! Got a good grade!

Rest of the class did very well as well so looks like woohoos all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Woohoo indeed. Was 2% off a First (boo!) but as it's only worth 20% of the grade the real difference is only 0.4% which is nothing to get upset about now.

I now only need 63% in the Trinity Term exam to get me a II.1; 79.9% to get a I. So I'll be happy with a II.1 :).

Yep, econometrics woohoo here too: 63%! Anyone who knows me and knows econometrics will know that's a major achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Congratulations to all the econometrics people, it's a very hard subject, just be happy you're finished the Christmas exam, as you've probably seen, it all gets better from there.

• Advertisement

WooHoo = f(econometrics result, Joanna Lumley, Bolly for Lunch, Beer for Dinner, Pav Friday, Party of the Century in Messrs)

All in all, I think Friday 13th was pretty damn lucky.

Ibid wrote:
    Woohoo indeed. Was 2% off a First (boo!) but as it's only worth 20% of the grade the real difference is only 0.4% which is nothing to get upset about now.

I now only need 63% in the Trinity Term exam to get me a II.1; 79.9% to get a I. So I'll be happy with a II.1 :).

I need 75% to get an overall first... and pigs might fly but I doubt it!

Hopefully get a II.I though.. though I was told by a lecturer after Christmas that if I got lucky I might just make a II.II

Woohoo! Came fifth in the Nationals today!

Should have done better but fifth wasn't bad given the start I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Woohoo! Came fifth in the Nationals today!

Should have done better but fifth wasn't bad given the start I had.

What nationals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I'm gonna guess something rifle-related? Either way, well done!

On a similar note, woo-hoo to TCD coming both 2nd (A-team) and 3rd (B-team) at speedball IVs yesterday.

IVs in what?

Congrats, Mr. Psycho. Any other Trinity folk do well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Duly edited (clearly, I'm more tired than I thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

UCD ran a story last week, on the front page, about...you guessed it, cruising in their toilets. With quotes from squirt.org and all.

You gotta commend their stellar originality..

The Piano Marathon is cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

europerson wrote:
    The Piano Marathon is cool!

I wanted to go in to that but it'll be wasted on me with my ear infection. Are they all doing one long piece (Satie's "Vexations", look it up, it lasts about 18 hours!) or lots of different pieces? Who is/was/will be playing?

John wrote:
    I wanted to go in to that but it'll be wasted on me with my ear infection. Are they all doing one long piece (Satie's "Vexations", look it up, it lasts about 18 hours!) or lots of different pieces? Who is/was/will be playing?
    Lots of itty bitty pieces.

Sam Kavanagh is playing at half eight. He's the greatest.

John wrote:
    Each performer is on for either half an hour or an hour. They have the choice of doing several shorter pieces or one or two longer pieces. There's a board up outside the Exam Hall, which lets you know what's on when.

Cool. Maybe they'll do it again next year. Too bad there isn't more of this sort of thing on more often. Or the arts festival that was on a few years ago during rag week (think it was when I was in second year).

John wrote:
    the arts festival that was on a few years ago during rag week (think it was when I was in second year).
    Eh, the Trinity Arts Festival is on every year. See http://www.trinityartsfestival.com/.

europerson wrote:
    Eh, the Trinity Arts Festival is on every year. See http://www.trinityartsfestival.com/.

It wasn't on when I was in third or fourth year. It looks fairly boring now though, it was a bit more experimental in 2004.

John wrote:
    It wasn't on when I was in third or fourth year. It looks fairly boring now though, it was a bit more experimental in 2004.
    I rememeber it being on every year I've been in College, so that would mean festivals in 2005, 2006 and 2007. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I don't think I am.

I remember looking for it and it not being on. Strange. Maybe I just missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Lol, Laura Woods is doing a webchat right now.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    Lol, Laura Woods is doing a webchat right now.
    OMG, no way!

Linky.
    Cattie: If you could do only gig for the rest of the year, what would it be?
    Laura: Hi Cattie. My new gig 'The Trump Card'. I think it will be great fun. Well I'll be enjoying myself anyway!
    Just to point out, that was Enda!^^^

Advertisement