Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote:
    It was pointed out to me this evening that everything I set out at the beginning of the year on my unofficial and hastily-cobbled-together-on-a-bus-from-Cork (but no less accurate for it) "Things I Want" list has happened. This is a very, very good feeling, and it (along with a few cans of cider) has inspired me to take a moment to officially appreciate how very, very lucky I am, to note that life is fantastic and amazing and that I love everyone and everything (especially cider), and to generally be obnoxiously upbeat and cheerful while this lasts.

As you were.

I'm great arn't I?

Yeah I want to second shay's yayness, i had the best day ever yesterday. Bar a slight hiccup where i nominated myself for hist committee(it's all dealt with now, i withdrew, it was an amazingly brilliant day) And my list from the bus to cork is looking kind of complete too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

gilroyb wrote:
    Totally sold out? Impressive.
    Thank you :). We're actually going to have to skimp on the sponsors to meet our copyright requirements.
    I was actually going to be in Dublin/trinity tomorrow so was going to see if there was any way to get my hand on a copy, but congrats anyway on selling out.
    Prof. O'Hagan might give you one if you ask nicely.
    Is it going to go up on the web straight away so this year if it's sold out?
    It won't be done immediately I'm afraid. Our web monkey is in Cologne at the moment so it's really my job to put it up there. I won't be putting it up for a little while; there're some very fiddly issues with private reports being referenced properly etc. that requires clarification before it goes up.

I was offered a car today! Now to learn how to drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

Ibid wrote:
    I was told to print no more than 300 SER copies, closer to 200 in fact.
    I printed 400; we have now sold out.

Social and Economic Review? That's weird, because as far as I know there's a big-ass box of them in the publications office.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Dave3x wrote:
    Social and Economic Review? That's weird, because as far as I know there's a big-ass box of them in the publications office.....
    Nah Ibid's talking about the Student Economic Review. The box in the Pubs office that's been sitting there for about a year contains the Social & Political Review - the people who made it brought it out right in the middle of the summer exams last year and hence sold approximately 4 copies, so there's still loads of unsold ones floating around the place.
    xebec wrote:
    Brilliant! It all worked out in the end!
    europerson wrote:
    Cool! I actually buy that paper, so I look forward to reading your stuff!
    tell ross o carrol kelly i said hey
    ( yes i know he's not real)
    Thanks lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm a bit late (business? busyness?), and no need to reply, but congratulations from me also. I'll be sure to read it, let us know whenever your stuff is printed!

Ah thanks dude :) You lot will have to keep me up to speed with any good stories from Trin!

Pet wrote:
    I'm a bit late
    Don't worry, but you should get a test after a weeks or so to be sure <3.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

I stand corrected. Oh well. And yes, cogratulations. Was dealing with a lovely woman named Isabel Hayes in there a few months ago. Hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Dead Ed wrote:
    And then in the cold sober light of day you realise what happens to that which goes up

Apparently, it continues rising. Nearly got kicked out of a taxi by my so-called "friends" last night for being obnoxiously cheerful. In their defense, I would've totally deserved it.

Ibid, congratulations - sounds like the SER was a huge success. And Laika, congratulations too - it's nice that you get to keep your journalistic principles for at least a while. Best of luck at the Tribune!
    I'm great arn't I?

Yeah, pretty much.

• Advertisement

My Godson bought me a brand spanking new laptop (seeing as he's 3, maybe he had a little help from his parents).

Vista's pretty cool! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

lol ibid uses vista what a trendwhoring loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Last night I had a dream that the TCD Boardsies released a charity cover version of "A Good Heart". Worrying.

lol ibid uses vista what a trendwhoring loser.
    Came free with free laptop that I got for free from my brother.

Sounds like I'm a winner on that front.

Can I have your old laptop then for free???

The screen's banjaxed, so don't accept faulty goods!

europerson wrote:
    Last night I had a dream that the TCD Boardsies released a charity cover version of "A Good Heart". Worrying.

Lol! That's an excellent dream! Were we any good? Who was there? Was it just the people who you know in real life or did you make up what everyone looks like?

It is to be fixed in case ISS are slow in accepting Vista. In the case that they're not so slow, my girlfriend, brother and dad all have their eye on it.

Laika wrote:
    Lol! That's an excellent dream! Were we any good? Who was there? Was it just the people who you know in real life or did you make up what everyone looks like?
    Yes, we were good. I think nearly everyone was there. Thanks to Ibid's stalking ability and to having met some people, I have a fair idea what nearly everyone looks like, and my head seemed to make up some people, whom I don't know. I have vivid memories of b.ie polar and Awayindahils doing an "oo-ooh" backing vocals bit. Nietzschean was playing the drums.

Sweet whiskey. Eases the pain (both mentally and literally)

Woohoo for medication that doesn't interact badly with alcohol! Drunken Friday, here I come!

Edit: A question occurs to me. If one were hypothetically sneaking alcohol into an event that specifically prohibited such practice, how would one go about it? I have previously carried off the "naggin in the sock" method, but have met with scepticism from older and arguably wiser folks who have implied that my success was more due to luck and a lazy frisker than my well-established super-genius skills. I lack the ability to extort anyone who might have the capacity to store said alcohol within the grounds of said event into sneaking it in for me, and am reluctant to go down the "naggin in the boxers" route.

I'm aware that the above makes me sound like a knacker. My only defense is that I'm a knacker who's saving to go interrailing, and is willing to bend principles for the sake of large financial savings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Well last year I ended up doing a coke bottle in the boxers. Didn't get found, though I did get some jealous glances.

Depending on the frisker you might be fine with it in your belt at the back, jacket pocket, or selotaped across your shoulder blades. All part of the fun of going to the "Library".

Why so against the naggin in the boxers? It's where most gets brought in, so no matter how drunk you are, if a friend offers you a shot, think of those times in a bar you complain when a glass isn't clean.

Woohoo to beginning an essay with three days to go, challenging the standard wisdom to econometric their asses up, proposing (what appears to be) an entirely new model to view the issue, getting away with it and getting a First. 73% FTW. The ghey thing is, had I actually proof-read it and not put in those few typos, methinks I'd have scraped another percent or two and put me ahead of Mr./Ms. 74%, the jammy bollix.

gilroyb wrote:
    Depending on the frisker you might be fine with it in your belt at the back, jacket pocket, or selotaped across your shoulder blades. All part of the fun of going to the "Library".

+1 for coke bottle in the boxers. And don't put a naggin in there - glass is cold!

gilroyb wrote:
    Why so against the naggin in the boxers?

A mixture of the slight ick factor (not personally, but I'd feel kinda bad offering my friends a drink from something that's been down my boxers) and the awkwardness of it.
    Myth wrote:
    And don't put a naggin in there - glass is cold!

Yeah, but coke bottles are significantly larger and therefore far more obvious when trying to hide it. I'd go for the five minutes of discomfort while waiting in line, TBH.

shay_562 wrote:
    Yeah, but coke bottles are significantly larger and therefore far more obvious when trying to hide it. I'd go for the five minutes of discomfort while waiting in line, TBH.

Meh, just look proud while you're in the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

im gonna masking tape something around my upper leg. i've a massive underskirt so there will be no frisking up there, im sure i could have something on both legs actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

That'd make a clinking sound, no? how about leaving something on campus? if you use your imaginations there's a few really good places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

attach it to your back in some way. e.g. with money strap. Friskers usually don't check your back, just your sides and legs.

I had a really good night last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

i saw about 10 boat club guys try to crash but got kicked out. was pretty funny

was pretty good bit too many hammered people around

Advertisement