Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Who is the editor next/this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Myth wrote:
    Who is the editor next/this year?

Gearoid O'Rourke.

And I'm finished work by leaving and showing my boss how to scan.

:):):)

The work proxy is soo slow. The last post should have said bar instead o by.

Half an hour to go.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

gilroyb wrote:
    That was a quick J1, how was San Diego?
    I'm only home for my sister's wedding on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ibid wrote:
    I'm only home for my sister's wedding on Sunday.

Go on, you can admit you were deported to us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Inter-railing FTW. That is all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What cities you in?

woohoo, some slight feeling back in my hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Good woohoo.

So far: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague. In Krakow as we speak, may or may not be leaving later tonight (one of the girls is pretty sick, and weighing the pain of a night train VS the costs and hassles of changing our train reservations and hostel bookings, hence the day sitting around the hostel and me being temporarily back on Boards), heading on to Budapest, then Zagreb, Pula, Ljubljana, Venice, Florence and Rome. It's really and truly fantastic, mild psychoses of some of my travelling companions aside, though I do miss proper beds and good showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Stargal: two weeks in, and already she's writing about College. That's what I call quality journalism.

Woohoo! Only 4 weeks left of this internship - then Kaiserchiefs, Crete and Oktoberfest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Woohoo! Finished work today, 'twas a great job and my employers were great. I'm knackered though, and itching to go travelling, hence the woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Pet wrote:
    Woohoo! Finished work today, 'twas a great job and my employers were great.
    They also don't by any chance read boards.ie do they?

I seriously doubt it, and it's unlikely they'd figure out who I am in any case. If I wanted to suck up, there are better and easier ways of doing it, trust me..

Wohoo i go interrailing tomorrow...yay.

Now all I need is a plan.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

On the 11 bus this morning, the driver missed the turnoff onto Kildare Street from Nassau Street. I went downstairs to ask if I could get off, but instead, he drove me straight to the Tribune office on Baggot Street!

It was a little crazy (plus I think he was - what's it called? - chatting me up?) but it was nice to have a 5 second walk to the office door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

saw transformers yesterday. It's fan-****ing-tastic *clunk, click, whizz, whirr, smash*

Dead Ed wrote:
    saw transformers yesterday. It's fan-****ing-tastic *clunk, click, whizz, whirr, smash*

Yeah saw it yesterday too, 'twas mighty. I want need to go see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Transformers did indeed rock. It rocked hard. The only way in which a movie about giant robots should be.

Woo-Hoo: I've got extra Study Space from 5pm-9pm in the Adelaide & Meath Hospital (Tallaght) for August and (quite likely) all of September confirmed. W00t! I also got free lunch today. I love working lunch meetings :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Dead Ed wrote:
    Tote. Plus it is high-lair-E-ous.

Good to see you still got your D4 in you, Tote Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Stayed in work from 10am-10pm yesterday, wrote a 3,500 word article, went to Doyles afterwards which was awesome, got 5 hours sleep, in work again now and just got complimented by my editors for the article. Everything's coming up Millhouse.

Im in my fourth country in under 60 hours, I crossed the border at 53. My eyes are on total stalks, though this interrailing alone lark is looking up, that and while i was in Vienna I only paid irish rates on my mobile (i heart 3).

These to rather nice things combined to have me quite tipsy sitting on the stairs of the hostel singing "The Bear Neccessities" down the phone to ilovemybrick.

I only just about remebered that when i rolled out of bed at 6 this morning. Lol.

Weather is ****ing amazing but I have this horrible fear i will burn. Ugh.

Anyway, all very w00t.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Woo-Hoo, you made it alive (to wherever you decided to go!)! :p

Ah '3 Like Home'. A double-edged sword that. It does encourage you to ring Ireland during your drunken antics so it does. Much happy that you are enjoying it. Now, get off the web and go have some fun!

Stargal wrote:
    Stayed in work from 10am-10pm yesterday, wrote a 3,500 word article, went to Doyles afterwards which was awesome, got 5 hours sleep, in work again now and just got complimented by my editors for the article. Everything's coming up Millhouse.
    I saw your name in the Sindo (or Satindo?) supplement, and gave you a mini-woohoo. Go journalistic Stargal!

Pet wrote:
    I saw your name in the Sindo
    Heeheehee.

Heeheehee!

Why the heeheehee? Do you think I'm funny? Does my use of the vernacular amuse you? Am I a clown?

I'm giggling awaiting her response to seeing someone thinking she writes for that rag. I've never seen seven kinds of murder bestowed on one person before.

Oops! It was the Sunday Tribune. Sorry Christine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

off to Scotland on tuesday morning..plenty of ghost tours +sightseeing/ scottish ale and shortbread! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I have somewhere to live next year!

Advertisement