Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Wohoo totally freaked out upon reaching prague on my own so got on a train to dresden and stayed in a five star hotel for 62.50 for the night.

There was a double bed, and breakfast and room service and the biggest bath i have ever seen and lots of towels and a tv and bathrobes and a pool...it rocked.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

came close to zapping me eye a little while ago. didn't, so wohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I'm home! I'm in my own bed! The shower works properly! There are proper meals placed in front of me three times a day! There's a television and a computer that doesn't have a 15-minute countdown in the corner of the screen! Which isn't to say that the last 5 weeks haven't been incredible, but seriously...bed and food. I need those to live.
    Ibid wrote:
    Woohoo: lolz at lecturer adding me as a friend on Facebook.

Heh. Not quite as good but: lolz at friend of mine (son of a TCD lecturer) finding his dad's fan group on Facebook, and his "...wtf?" response.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I went to a fantastic gig last night. And since it was a small show in America I can talk about it!

It was in a tiny place about the size of The Hub, but only fifty people or so were there. The outstandingly brilliant Cosmonaut were headlining. Cosmonaut are an off-shoot of one of my favourite bands ever whose poster I still have on my wall, who I never got to see live. So I got three buses to see them play.

At the gig the singer Nate, whose face is on my wall, was selling t-shirts. It was nice to meet him. He's the spitting of image of Andrew_83 (this picture shows the resemblance, though not particularly well.)

So the gig finished at about 11pm and I start to realize I don't know how to get home. So I ask a guy where to get a bus to Downtown. He says public transport is crap but if I hang out for a while he'd drop me home. Which he did. On the way home I got talking to him and he's a session drummer for a load of bands that I'm sure John hates like Saosin, Underoath and Senses Fail. Turns out I saw him live at Leeds Fest a couple of years ago. Mad, small world.

And now it's 2pm. I'm getting picked up by relatives in an hour and being brought out to dinner.

I like this holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Stargal undercover in the Tribune. How exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Whoo got 455 in my leaving and doing CS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moyne

Woohooo!!! Just accepted a place in Engineering! YEAH!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Wispas are being brought back...truly this is a great day. My favourite bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

English and Psychology was 565* last year. I got 565 in the LC and the course went down to 555! Woohoo! I'm going to Trinity!:D :D:D:D No that's excessive. One will do.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Welcome, join the Computer Science society ;)

also frisbeeface, I think you just made my day.

oh and congrats soon to be freshers, remember, during freshers week, drink early, drink often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Congratulations to all, and welcome to TCD boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Woohoo, got a 2 bedroom apt for myself and my NCAD friend! Best part? Beside the botanical gardens, 85 a week per person and a washer & dryer!!:D

Also, congrats to the newbies.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

woo-hoo - I accepted trinity's wonderful offer of BESS this morning. :D

&#231 wrote: »
    Welcome, join the Computer Science society ;)

also frisbeeface, I think you just made my day.

oh and congrats soon to be freshers, remember, during freshers week, drink early, drink often.

What does the CS society do?

bright wrote:
    woo-hoo - I accepted trinity's wonderful offer of BESS this morning. :D

Great!! In your face dying science courses!!!

(Guess which course I do!)

Great!! In your face dying science courses!!!

(Guess which course I do!)

Just to quote myself...
    Myth wrote:
    530*.

Interesting that amid all the comments about how the sky is falling in relation to people not applying to Science & Engineering courses, both went up in Trinity.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53794315&postcount=60

Irish times says the NUI's took a big hit in the science areas..
    TCD med is down as well a bit

Long live BESS*!!!!

Ironic - I know that the Bess faculty is dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Irish times says the NUI's took a big hit in the science areas..
    TCD med is down as well a bit

Long live BESS*!!!!

Ironic - I know that the Bess faculty is dead

By BESS you could be refering to the founder of D.U. Queen Elizabeth the 1st as she was, I believe, called 'Old Bess'

Unfortunately for that arguement to hold up we would have to forget that she is also fairly dead.

hmm back to sqaure one.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woohoo! Three people quit in my old workplace in the 5 weeks since I left (and another two are shaky), so they re-hired me on the spot! I love employment. I feel like much less of a useless bum now.

whoo my recently bought phone has been shipped! I could have bought it in a shop... but it's ten euro cheaper online ;)

• Advertisement

Woohoo!! I got a haircut, and a bagel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Woohoo!! I got a haircut, and a bagel!
    I read that as Badge!!

Boston wrote:
    I read that as Badge!!

I'm not that lucky!

Finished my CV which, I suppose, is a woohoo. Hasn't been updated for a few years.

Upload for peer review Myth!!

Feck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭low

Don't be shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I vote we make this site a democracy and then take a plebiscite on whether Myth should show us his CV.

I used to have a deadly C.V.
    Winner of the Bray Bonny Baby competition 1986
    Former model
    Worked for the Special Olympics
    Prize-winning poet

Then my mam made me change it before I handed it around New York.

Now I'm just a former fund administrator and librarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I found my cool pen I left here almost a year ago! Mad that it's still here, danes just tend to leave things the way they are.

• Advertisement

b.ie polar wrote:
    Now I'm just a former fund administrator and librarian.

I like fund administrators... they made me work overtime.. and I got more money

Advertisement