Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Summer is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I just got interviewed on the Simon Maher show on Phantom about an article I had in Sunday's paper. And in double w00t, it meant I got to walk up and back to the Phantom studios, which gave me a lovely 40 minutes in the sun. Je suis heureuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Stargal wrote:
    I just got interviewed on the Simon Maher show on Phantom about an article I had in Sunday's paper.
    An article in the paper? Go on, give us a link to it.

Zis?

Myth wrote:
    Here was me thinking it would be an opinion piece I could poke fun at/applaud.

Man was I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Uh no it's none of those but thanks for the free plug. I think...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Was it the Article That i was talking to you about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My immediate guess was that it was the piece on the pregnancy options agency that used misinformation and emotional blackmail to get her to keep her (imaginary) baby. Since we're all making guesses and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote:
    My immediate guess was that it was the piece on the pregnancy options agency that used misinformation and emotional blackmail to get her to keep her (imaginary) baby. Since we're all making guesses and all...

I'm so very glad some kind of compassion overcomes you during I never ever.

I have no wohoo. Other than that the hostel is very very very nice, and cool, and busy and other stuff. Brains a bit melted today.

Oh im getting a pig.:)

• Advertisement

Stargal wrote:
    Uh no it's none of those but thanks for the free plug. I think...
    Welcome... I think. Can you tell us which one it is then?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yeah shay got it right :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

eh, What one you think i ment? the space hotel one?

Oh im getting a pig

...explain. 'Cause right now this is all that's going through my head, but that just seems...ludicrous.

And I resent the implication that I lack compassion in other situations. I'm perfectly capable of feeling empathy towards others. I just often choose not to.
    stargal wrote:
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yeah shay got it right

Thought it might be that one alright - that sounded royally ****ed up. It's one thing to try to discourage someone from getting an abortion, but telling a girl who's scared and coming to you for information that she's going to get breast cancer, become incontinent and have to have two abortions to make sure all the baby is gone is just twisted.

Oh, and topic: 96 hours from now I'll be in Orlando. Wheeeeee!

stresspig.jpg

Perhaps? Bartley mentioned before how Stress Pigs are making a glorious return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Indeed Dónal, you are right. They are currently 1000+ Stress Pigs sitting in my office, kindly provided by Pigsback.com. They will be unleashed upon the world when Supplementals begin....

WooHoo: Free stuff for students doing Supplementals coming along. Free stuff from Pigsback.com, Sqeez, Red Bull, European Movement Ireland, Lemon Coffee & Crepe Co. and Innocent (1,000 bottles of 'This Water').

Ladies and Gentlemen, 'The Pig-ening' approaches. This will be epic....

WooHoo: Free stuff for students doing Supplementals coming along. Free stuff from Pigsback.com, Sqeez, Red Bull, European Movement Ireland, Lemon Coffee & Crepe Co. and Innocent (1,000 bottles of 'This Water').

I knew it was worth failing. Woohoo (I think...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

sweet i assume those freebies will be about for us grad students to 'yoink' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Free stuff for students doing Supplementals coming along.
    Largely due to the fact that I am a nerd, I intend on coming into College in September to do some research/essays I've wanted to do for ages. Can I have some free stuff too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

NO. You're not special like me and Ronnie. Get away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote:
    Thought it might be that one alright - that sounded royally ****ed up. It's one thing to try to discourage someone from getting an abortion, but telling a girl who's scared and coming to you for information that she's going to get breast cancer, become incontinent and have to have two abortions to make sure all the baby is gone is just twisted.

Well she should learn to keep her legs closed.

I knew it was worth failing. Woohoo (I think...)

So long as you pass this time...

And you had so better be in the library the next time i see you.

So long as you pass this time...

And you had so better be in the library the next time i see you.

How would you see me if I was? You've absolutely no reason to be in there yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I´m in some backwater town in the middle of nowhere, [edit: northEAST] Spain, en route to Pamplona, and [someday...] Santiago de Compostela. The sun is shining, the keyboard is crazy (Ññññ!! Çççç!!), and I´m tired but happy. Oh yeah, I get back less than a week before my supplementals start. Oops.

Pet wrote:
    I´m in some backwater town in the middle of nowhere, northwest Spain, en route to Pamplona.
    Iruñea is a lovely place, you'll love it, but if you're near there then it'd be considered northeast-España or just Euskadi no? Or do you actually have a good distance to travel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Interpol tickets!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Ibid wrote:
    Largely due to the fact that I am a nerd, I intend on coming into College in September to do some [strikeout]research/essays [/strikeout] stuff I've wanted to do for ages. Can I have some free stuff too?

Please? The lemon stuff sounds goood....

How would you see me if I was? You've absolutely no reason to be in there yourself.

Oh Im going to go check. im always killing time in Trinity why not do it wandering the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

shay_562 wrote:

As opposed to what would happen to her baby? The misinformation and emotional blackmail is wrong, but let's face it, the decision to ''remove'' a baby SHOULD be an emotional one.

I know so many couples who have to wait for years to adopt a child and then we have this other side where pregnant women, in a panic, listen to the first doctor they go to who blithely recommends a termination and before you know it, someone loses their life.

Maybe I'm biased, my mother was told by her doctor to abort me when she had rubella while pregnant. I'm glad she didn't listen to that doctor.

• Advertisement

paperclip wrote:
    As opposed to what would happen to her baby? The misinformation and emotional blackmail is wrong, but let's face it, the decision to ''remove'' a baby SHOULD be an emotional one...we have this other side where pregnant women, in a panic, listen to the first doctor they go to who blithely recommends a termination and before you know it, someone loses their life.

Well sure - I completely agree that it should be a carefully made decision and not one that you rush into. But I think it's morally abhorrent to use what could best be described as questionable facts and figures to try to bully someone into taking a particular course of action simply because of one's own moral views. The decision to have an abortion shouldn't be made lightly, but neither should the decision to have a baby.

Advertisement