Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Ibid wrote:
    My girlfriend still doesn't see anything particularly wrong with it. Maybe if I prefix "hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis" with "Oh my God" she might get it.
    Roffle! Time for a new Mrs Ibid methinks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ibid wrote:
    It still goes on. Not only was I offered the opportunity to applaud members and veterans of the US Armed Forces (Call 1800-YOUNG-DEATH to be "Army Strong") but also applaud equivalent members of the United Kingdom and "all our other allies". Yeah, I'm going to applaud a guy stationed in Derry :rolleyes:. And three cheers for Agent Orange while we're at it.

My girlfriend still doesn't see anything particularly wrong with it. Maybe if I prefix "hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis" with "Oh my God" she might get it.

Well they should have thought about that before they nuked the WTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Boston wrote:
    classic. :D

Woohoo: Last day in work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Boston wrote:

iraqalqaeda_Q.jpg

Damn Iraqis and their clear and present danger to the U.S.

In a different mood to the previous posts, I had a great night at Doyle's last night, even if I did spend more money then I should have on booze.

• Advertisement

Woohoo! Had a minor house warming get together last night!

Was good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

Woohoo! I got a raise of 100e per week. No more minimum wage for Colm!:D

Its directed at those who faught and died for their country. I mean who doesn't cheer everytime a brit or yank dies or has their legs blown off or whatever? Someone who isn't a secterian scumbag, thats who!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Cops are alowed carry guns while drunk over here. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hrmm - sweet wouldnt be the word i'd use.

Poker fun. wone loadsa money off people on saturday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

My mum ripped out the broad band wires in my house as part of her get my dad once and for all out of the house wooden floor excercise.

The floors are lovely.

More importantly I'm on the internet for the first time in a week. Wohoo.

Not exactly a woohoo, but I've just applied for a job through an online form which, when I sent it, informed me (via e-mail) that it "has been temporarily quarantined by the <company> email filter.

This email will be released from quarantine following closer examination and at the recipient's request."

So perhaps I am spam incarnate. Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam eggs spam...

Woohoo!

Finally have worked out a solid enough structure for my dissertation!

No longer just randomly reading and writing things about carry trades!

This deserves a seperate post!

Woohoo!!

Off to Crete tomorrow for a week!

No more doing anything about carry trades or anything else important for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It's good to be back home. I love my bed.

My sisters and niece came over with lovely food and we had dinner and I drank some Hoegaarden.

I spent a good five minutes choosing what CD to put on. Fugazi sound so much better on my stereo than on my laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Tell me more about this Fugazi.

Woohoo!

Finally have worked out a solid enough structure for my dissertation!

No longer just randomly reading and writing things about carry trades!

Thats pretty impressive. It was christmas before I was at that stage. You've the right idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

The Students' Union has just taken delivery of 1,000 bottles of 'This water' from Innocent to hand out at Supplementals! :)

There are, of course, the 1,000 Pigsback.com Stress Pigs as well that I have ready :p

Also, I'm collecting smoothies from Sqeez later today so :D

All in all, this deserves a :cool:

Now to organise the free Red Bull and water from Lemon....

paperclip wrote:
    Tell me more about this Fugazi.
    Fugazi are not to be spoken of, they are to be heard. Follow these steps:

1. Obtain the use of a broadband internet connection
    2. Go to deezer.com
    3. Search 'Fugazi'
    4. Arrange songs by album. Locate The Argument
    5. Play said album
    6. Listen until you're convinced they're excellent

Feel free to repeat this process with several albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm no longer homeless! No more sharing an air mattress for b.ie.

• Advertisement

Woohoo, good for b.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    As in the postcode? Where I'll be living then... So, if I have a problem cos they're making me lift too many vacuum chambers, or the 16 hour day starts catching up on me, I can come to you?
    Stop pretending you have a hard life you whinger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    Stop pretending you have a hard life you whinger!
    Well, I meant it tongue in cheek then. But after three 14 hour days in a row I'm not so certain anymore...

Bartley, expect an email from me regarding a brainwave.... or should I say brain stroke, I'll let you decide. :)

Edited for mass consumption: It's regarding a notetaking system that should be spread throughout college like a particularly nasty strain of mono.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Well, I meant it tongue in cheek then. But after three 14 hour days in a row I'm not so certain anymore...
    I know! That doomsday device is probably rented on a per-day basis so you're abviously gonna have to take advantage and do as much as possible cos it's not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

paperclip wrote:
    Bartley, expect an email from me regarding a brainwave.... or should I say brain stroke, I'll let you decide. :)

Edited for mass consumption: It's regarding a notetaking system that should be spread throughout college like a particularly nasty strain of mono.
    The Cornell method? I used it myself, it's pretty good. But I find for the sciences, you need to write the lecture material in the margin, and the textbook notes in the main area. :(

Pet: No, that's not it. If bartley likes it, you'll find out soon enough. Patience, my child. :D

I like it. A whole llama AND an un-named Bank a/c in Switzerland you say? Tang-fastic. *Rubs hands with glee*

I'm currently writing you a reply-o-mail. It will be living in your Inbox soonly.

What's this about llamas?

• Advertisement

I could tell you but then you'd know. Then you'd get confused and would furrow your brow in a vain attempt to understand the situation.

Advertisement