Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ibid wrote:
    I saw John Kealy of Fury of Tim today. He was walking out of a shopping centre with a little suitcase and headphones on.

I waved, he either saw me not or conveniently ignored me.

I'm also just back from seeing Delorentos near said shopping centre. They were good.

****! Did you? You should have stopped me, I didn't see you at all. This was around half eight? I was just out of the lab and like a zombie, an evil sleep-deprived zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yeah it was about half 8. I was going to go over but girlfriend was dismissive of the thought ("He didn't see you") without being dismissive at all.

How do they do that?

Some form of primitive magic I think. Ah well, next time you see me, come on over and I'll give you abuse :)

Woohoo for playing a great gig last night, winning the King Kong Club's clapometer competition (may I clarify that I mean clap as in applause, not the STI). Go Fury of Tim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

WooHoo the first: New tattoo. Its a big un this time. And anyone who ever complains about tattoos being painful are gigantic wusses.

WooHoo the second: I served Whoopi Goldberg today. *girlish screams*
    I wuv her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭low

pic?

• Advertisement

Of Whoopi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Finally I can stop lying... I'm a real postgrad! Not one of these undergrad/staff/postgrad hybrids*...

*I've had a staff card for the last month so that's technically what I was. Really though I was a postgrad. Yet I had to swipe into places and take out books from the library with my undergrad card. Stupid college, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Where was whoopi?
    I saw Dustin Hoffman on the plane from Detroit to Toronto on my way home from America. Woohoo?

Heading back up to dublin today, I miss the old ath cliath, kinda looking forward to gazing at the scum floating on top of the liffey once more...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

since when do they let knackers swim in the liffey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

&#231 wrote: »
    since when do they let knackers swim in the liffey?

Saw a bunch of young'uns swimming in the liffey near the new pedestrianized bridge.

• Advertisement

You can rent wetsuits from a store beside the bridge..

Woohoo: My laptop broke and fixed itself!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Finally I can stop lying... I'm a real postgrad! Not one of these undergrad/staff/postgrad hybrids*...

*I've had a staff card for the last month so that's technically what I was. Really though I was a postgrad. Yet I had to swipe into places and take out books from the library with my undergrad card. Stupid college, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doin'

Do you get an office?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Boston wrote:
    Saw a bunch of young'uns swimming in the liffey near the new pedestrianized bridge.
    Such a pity they float.

Pet wrote:
    Such a pity they float.

Fish. Barrel. Shoot.

Its alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve!!

My iPode either missed my great hair or got reanimated by stupidly loud playing of the Kaier Chiefs..

Either way, it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Starting tomorrow!! Whooo.. The long wait since the results is over! I suppose the novelty of college will wear off come exam time but for now im really looking forward to it.
    Engineering here I come!!

Do you get an office?
    I'm in a stuffy office at the moment, beside the vending machines in the Hamilton. We have a window looking out onto all the promenading science students feet. But some administration or comp sci (who cares) are being moved from a nice office 3rd floor westland row to CRANN. So my group (4 of us) get that on Tuesday. Unfortunately my supervisor has expressed his intentions to share this space with us.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Unfortunately my supervisor has expressed his intentions to share this space with us.

Boo-urns to that! How will you skive off and talk about him behind his back?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'm in a stuffy office at the moment, beside the vending machines in the Hamilton. We have a window looking out onto all the promenading science students feet. But some administration or comp sci (who cares) are being moved from a nice office 3rd floor westland row to CRANN. So my group (4 of us) get that on Tuesday. Unfortunately my supervisor has expressed his intentions to share this space with us.

Start making really bad jokes whenever he is around.. and stop wearing deo...

That'll sort it!

I'm now a professional engineer. Apparently.

• Advertisement

paperclip wrote:
    Where was whoopi?
    Barnes & Noble
    1972 Broadway
    New York, NY

She got Brother, I'm Dying, by Edwidge Danticat.

Myth wrote:
    I'm now a professional engineer. Apparently.

Congratulations!

Won't you, as a Llama, find it difficult to get a job as an engineer? How do you think you'll overcome that obstacle?

Fair play to you though!

b.ie- I love barnes and noble. I miss it. I want to go back, but it's tough finding a bookshop of equal or greater value here. Eason's isn't a patch on it. (couches? ahhh!)

I have a key to a room on College :D.

When are we drinking there so?

Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Whoo!! Im an official college person now...not that that makes me any different from everyone else here, but just thought Id put it out there!!

You know what else I thought was kind of odd....I've never met any of the people who frequent boards, yet it occurred to me I probably walked past a few of you in the past 2 days on campus...heck, I may have even spoken to some you!!

Mini random rant over! :D

Lol, welcome lilmizzme. You'd be amazed how many people are on Boards, you probably know quite a few!

You're welcome to join us a Beers if you want to meet us. Or go up to Comedy Soc and ask to see Crash. It's not the first time something like that has happened to him!

I cycled 23.223km today according to dto.ie (well, the google cache of it since it appears offline). I'm knackered, but I think that deserves a woohoo.

myth, try gmap-pedometer.com, type in the area (dublin 2, for example), start recording then double click on the road you start off on to record your journey, it's the most useful thing i've seen in ages.

excellent exercise, by the way.

lilmizzme, if you talked to someone at the sign language society in the past two days, you probably talked to me. Funny accent, black cardigan?
    Crash, was that you at the frisbee stand early this morning looking like you wanted to disappear under your hoodie??

• Advertisement

Sweet. Got the physoc website up at last! It's not genius, but it beats the previous one I think...

Advertisement