Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Fun was had by all, all right.

[Woohoo]The college wireless network has accepted me![/Woohoo]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I've gotten over my hangover \o/

I also bought something I've wanted for (genuinely) about ten years. Wireless earphones FTW!!

Ibid wrote: »
    I also bought something I've wanted for (genuinely) about ten years. Wireless earphones FTW!!

Yuppie

Last night was good craic.

Glorious impracticality masquerading as practicality FTW!

Listening to music in bed without disturbing neighbours is yuppyish and gloriously impractical?

G'way with ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Listening to music in bed without disturbing neighbours is yuppyish and gloriously impractical?

G'way with ye.

Why do the headphones need to be wireless to do that? I used to have wireless headphones but they are teh sukc so I went back to wired. Although they were old so I can only assume in this new age of wireless technology that they are of better quality now.

My laptop is connected via ethernet to the network. I could get headphones that have a wire long enough to stretch across the room but this has two severe problems. First of all, I would have 3m of unwound cable in my pocket everytime I wear my headphones. I hate that with a passion. Second of all, it is sadly inevitable that a quick jerk of my body will pull the laptop off the table and into the repair shop. As a slightly less important issue, I don't like the inconvenience of a wire if I'm moving around when reading etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'll be teaching second and third year engineers. You have been warned.

Ps I'm a c unt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I'm a driver! (In theory) And with 5 days to spare before the newer, harder test came in. Yes yes...

shay_562 wrote: »
    I'm a driver! (In theory) And with 5 days to spare before the newer, harder test came in. Yes yes...

Explain.
    Boston wrote:

Ps I'm a c unt.

Ah, what courses? SF I assume you'll be doing CS tutorials?

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »
    Ah, what courses? SF I assume you'll be doing CS tutorials?

I'll be doing a project as part of 2e9 for second years (In my year we build a bridge, a buggy and a volt meter as part of 2e9), and I'll be doing the Digital design project with the third years, thats open to electronics and computer and electronic engineers.

Cool. I hope you make the elec part of 2E9 interesting, it was the boringest part imo. And I was considering doing elec at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Myth wrote:
    shay_562 wrote:
    Explain.

Passed my driver theory test today. The new version, with 500 extra questions in the question bank and 100 or so extra questions on the test itself, comes in next Monday. So I scraped in on the older, easier test. So I'm happy.

yep, its department based so I'll get the electronics project. Its essentially a basic automated robot design, see here for more details. Its perfect for second years, and kinda fun.

Cheers. I didn't hear about the new test so I was just curious.
    boston wrote:
    yep, its department based so I'll get the electronics project. Its essentially a basic automated robot design, see here for more details. Its perfect for second years, and kinda fun.

Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, thats where I see the problem in the late split in engineering. you guys have to cram so much into third year (for instance, thats the most basic **** i've ever seen for a second year class) that third and fourth year are ridiculuous for yee guys.

Well thats from the point of view that Cs do the 68K robot in first year, so yea a Pic micro controller robot project is simple after that, and its even in basic so no assembly level coding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Boston wrote: »

Ps I'm a c unt.

Hmmm, I'm demonstrating for the first year engineers. Pestillence is sure to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ZOMG. Online stack requests. I love it. No wasted paper, no queuing... I <3 you, TCD library, even if I have made a sizeable donation to you in the form of the ~€200 I've paid in fines this year...

Pet wrote: »
    No wasted paper
    You're speaking far too soon. Wait until you collect it...

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm demonstrating for the first year engineers. Pestillence is sure to follow.

hahahaha, sucks to be you Ed. First year engineers are notorious tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I was thinking that beforehand but they didn't seem too bad. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I seem to have acquired a new modship.

Oh also I moved into a new office there recently. It's nice... Get to look at all the people going up the stairs to the hamilton library.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I seem to have acquired a new modship.

Gotta catch them all, or something. Congrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Myth wrote: »
    Gotta catch them all, or something. Congrats?
    Yo, thanks for suggesting me in the mod forum. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    I also would never have noticed had Ibid not mentioned it when I was drinking with him on monday, cos almost never read the mod forum.

The mod forum is great fun to read. I likes to read Ibids reported posts, they're always good for a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

our gig tonight had a queue of people from the ed burke up past the entrance to the leckey to the lecture theatres beyond.

I'm immensely proud, and amazingly happy.

çrash_000 wrote: »
    our gig tonight had a queue of people from the ed burke up past the entrance to the leckey to the lecture theatres beyond.

I'm immensely proud, and amazingly happy.
    It was amazingly good too.

I did the safe pass today. So I got a free lunch, free tea, free scones and, most importantly, free custard creams. Plus the day off work which was grand.

Edit: all during the course today all I kept thinking about (while the lectures were going on) was about that scene in the simpsons when Martin is running for class president and he says how he'll reduce the asbestos by 50%. Bart then gets up and says 'He wants you to have less asbestos. What'll I do? MORE ASBESTOS! MORE ASBESTOS! (class chants along) MORE ASBESTOS! MORE ASBESTOS!'

• Advertisement

My supervisor really liked the work on my dissertation!!!

Advertisement