Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Myth wrote: »
    I did the safe pass today.

Right, put the kettle on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Spending four hours late at night just chatting with two other people. It's a fun way to pass time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

23 units of alcohol, in 4 and a half hours, with only half a bag of crisps and an eurosaver burger for food all day, and I have no hangover. I don't know if i should be elated or in shock, or prehaps a bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You're probably still drunk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I was when i woke up. I then went back to sleep again. Im thinking vodka from a large bottle by a straw tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I was when i woke up. I then went back to sleep again. Im thinking vodka from a large bottle by a straw tonight.

you gotta do these tings right!
    Glenn06.JPG

The Agent Smith Guide to the Perfect Martini!

What you need
    1 Martini Glass
    3 messures of Vodka
    1 messure of V[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ermouth
    1 messure of
    [/FONT]Lillet
    A shaker Full of Ice
    A lemon

Pour Vodka over the Ice and Mix with the Lillet,
    Shake (ala James Bond) and allow to settle.
    meanwhile, Pour the messure of vermouth into said glass, and swirl around.
    Take the lemon and Peal into 3 one inch long pieces,
    place in shaker, and shake Vigeriously
    Pour, Add Swirl of lemon peal (very thin) and Serve

And people say i dont Give Good Advice

Went in to Vision Express today to get one of the nose bits fixed on my glasses. The guy sat me down, and after examining my glasses he brought me over to the stalls of frames and told me to try some on, and that I could get a pair 'free' given that before I went interrailing last year, I decided to get the insurance on my glasses (still have 9 months on it still).

So woohoo, I now have a second pair of glasses (which I wasn't expecting, though I did pay for it I suppose), plus the nose bits on my first pair are fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Myth wrote: »
    Went in to Vision Express today to get one of the nose bits fixed on my glasses. The guy sat me down, and after examining my glasses he brought me over to the stalls of frames and told me to try some on, and that I could get a pair 'free' given that before I went interrailing last year, I decided to get the insurance on my glasses (still have 9 months on it still).

So woohoo, I now have a second pair of glasses (which I wasn't expecting, though I did pay for it I suppose), plus the nose bits on my first pair are fixed!
    Anecdote:

When I was about eight years old, I went into Vision Express in the Ilac Centre to try on frames [I was due to get a new pair of glasses within a few weeks]. As I was trying them on [being sure to handle them carefully and put them back in their places], a very snide, condescending manager came over and told me, in patronising tones, that I needed to have my mammy and daddy with me if I wanted to try on spectacles.

Unused to this treatment [I'd never had problems in Specsavers/Specs Xpress], and being quite a precocious, opinionated child, and thus extremely sensitive to patronisation by adults, I promptly told the manager to **** off, that he had just lost a valuable customer [my prescription was changing very fast at the time], and that I would never darken their door or bring my custom to them again, as I skipped out the door.

I haven't, and I won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Crazy, I didn't even know that word when I was eight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

What a sheltered child you must have been!

• Advertisement

Was going to put this in the Rant thread but it's closed, so...

Damn. It's early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Just out of curiosity, if you were working in that shop and you saw an eight year old trying on glasses without any parents around, you wouldn't wonder what they were doing? Without assuming that they're precocious, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Myth wrote:
    Was going to put this in the Rant thread but it's closed, so...

Damn. It's early.

It really is. I don't like this. Where's the rant thread when you need it?

Hint hint...

Wow, subtle. Anyway minor yay: I'm going to send off loads of emails now so I'll have them all done by 8.30am and will be super-efficient. How sexy and exciting.

Minor rant: I can't write about the best thing that's going to be happen all day because of that ban that makes less and less sense to me as time goes by.

/mashes keyboard with fist in a general groargh-it's-too-early-to-be-annoyed kinda way.

/starts singing Haiti in my head, gets undepressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Woohoo, the rant thread is back open ;)
    Stargal wrote: »
    Minor rant: I can't write about the best thing that's going to be happen all day because of that ban that makes less and less sense to me as time goes by.
    Going to a concert then are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

On going legal case.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Woohoo, the rant thread is back open ;)

Going to a concert then are we?
    Yaysies :) Thanks Apex. Yup, can't wait.
    Boston wrote: »
    On going legal case.
    Yeeeeeah. I'm just not really happy with that as an explanation any more.

Meh.

Yeeeeeah. I'm just not really happy with that as an explanation any more.

As in you don't believe it or you don't like it. If its the former I can assure you the case is still on going and that the actions of boards admin team are in line with best legal advice. If its the latter, well tbh, you're not the one being sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yaysies :) Thanks Apex. Yup, can't wait.

Had a nice evening in a tent in phoenix park myself last night - good times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Had a nice evening in a tent in phoenix park myself last night - good times :)

There has to be some dogging related joke in there somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

He was loitering within tent.

• Advertisement

xeduCat wrote: »
    He was loitering within tent.

I laughed. Though, you should be aware that I am tired.

Couldn't be bothered editing. So woohoo for delivery chinese food! Special Curry (w.f.r.) and deep fried crispy wantons. Yum.

I knew it... Satan's work I tell you

I <3 Arcade Fire. Like, actually love them. Once I dreamt I was their ukulele player and it was awesome.

He was camping it up in phoenix part last night with the boys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hellloooooo. I've been lurking the crap out of boards for the last two years, but I met Dec (Ape....I think) tonight, so I figured I'd actually sign up and post for a change. I'm Pogde (obviously), in SS TP, so helllllooooo(I've been drinking....).

Greetings and salutations. Actually no, just greetings.

Edit: 4 day weekend FTW!

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Hellloooooo. I've been lurking the crap out of boards for the last two years, but I met Dec (Ape....I think) tonight, so I figured I'd actually sign up and post for a change. I'm Pogde (obviously), in SS TP, so helllllooooo(I've been drinking....).
    Jayzus... Fair play podge. That was some good debauchery.

In woohoo news. Last night's Physoc table quiz (in which I expected almost zero attendance), was an absolutely resounding success. Thanks to everybody who came, I hope ye had fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I have no idea if this is a moan or a woohoo, but I'm just after finding an email from the girlfriend saying she's coming to Dublin... TODAY. I'm ****ed. My room smells like beer, I smell like beer, I have planned nothing, no money to take her out, I smell like beer, seriously regretting certain actions last night, not to mention the fact I smell like beer.

But still, I'm excited and giggly.

• Advertisement

b.ie polar wrote: »
    seriously regretting certain actions last night
    Oh right yeah, took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to there. I'm a bit that way myself. Good luck today with herself. Shower and febreeze man.

Advertisement