Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Mmm, tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Class Rep Training went well. And the Class rep 'How-To' Guide was well received. Phew! Ah indoctrination....

Also, I slept for 11 hours last night. It. Was. Amazing. And my personal life isn't bad either.

All in all, a week that nearly killed me but it was all good. Success! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

And my personal life isn't bad either.
    i.e. you've hooked up / are in the process of hooking up / things are going well with someone you hooked up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

That, or I got to slap someone down using the Data Protection Act 1988-2003, Freedom of Information Act (and its amendment) and I'm toying with unleashing all hell with a well-placed FOI request to the HEA. All in one day.

It's up to you to figure out which one...

Now, all I have to do is pray that first Council goes well on Tuesday (you may have seen the 'You There!' posters around Campus). Speaking of which, would it be wrong of me to make a post about Council on this forum?

That, or I got to slap someone down using the Data Protection Act 1988-2003, Freedom of Information Act (and its amendment) and I'm toying with unleashing all hell with a well-placed FOI request to the HEA. All in one day.
    You call that your personal life...?

Now, all I have to do is pray that first Council goes well on Tuesday (you may have seen the 'You There!' posters around Campus). Speaking of which, would it be wrong of me to make a post about Council on this forum?
    I don't mind. Though if you could contain it some sort of general SU issues type thread I'd be much happier. You'd probably gain more readers that way, and it would prevent clutter. The title of the thread can always be amended/updated by PMing me, as often as you think necessary. Half the things I do on this forum are as result of Myth's PM suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

It's up to you to figure out which one...
    Hmm...

I'm going to go with what ApeXaviour said. The second option just seems a little bit too obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

It's a hook-up, isn't it? Anyone I know?
    Unleashing all hell with Friends of Ireland requests to the Happy Elephant Authority? Isn't that a mandate against the ABOQ Q.U.A FAS ASAP as gaeilge?

By the way....zing!
    hhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Sparklers....:)

Sparklers....:)
    For yourself or for someone else?
    BTW, it was fun meeting you lining up at the paisley talk! Not sure if you recognized me though??

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

they turned on the heaters in the library.

• Advertisement

I came sixth in the Welsh Airgun Open!

Got to shoot in a final against 7 top British Senior Internationals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

The 99c packets of biscuits from the SU shop.:)

I think they smell like friendliness and familiarity, everyone else i asked about this said they thought they smelt like German bakery. All in all very nice.

And Paperclip I was not the most together that day so I didn't recognize you. In fact I don't think I know what you look like. But I'm pretty sure I enjoyed talking to you.

I was the one that Bartley was explaining to about the cloakroom! I saw you briefly and as I was walking towards the Arts block, I thought...'Hang on..curly hair..that must have been awayindahils!' but when I came back, you'd gone inside!
    I must try those cookies. Although I heartily recommend the guarana gum from Aldi. I've never felt so energized!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The 99c packets of biscuits from the SU shop.:)
    What are these...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm going to see Heima tomorrow [well, today] with John. Should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

*high fives Pet*

The trailer is here:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I handed in that killer article. And I'm exhausted, pale and weird-looking by the end of it but it's in and it's good.

/Exhausted yay

And they* say life gets easy after college....

*They might not say this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Got to give a speech at the Hist dressed in full pirate garb, followed by excessive drinking and dancing in Betabar to good music (once the band stopped *shudder*) Best Hallowe'en for quite a while!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Jayzus... Fair play podge. That was some good debauchery.

In woohoo news. Last night's Physoc table quiz (in which I expected almost zero attendance), was an absolutely resounding success. Thanks to everybody who came, I hope ye had fun :)

The table quiz was good, but I wasn't very pleased by the Futurama round (mostly cause I did unexpectedly badly).

(this is definitely the last time I post after drinking, proper participation from here on in).

Off to San Francisco in the morning. Expenses paid. I love doing a Ph.D

So jealous!

Say hello to Castro for me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

castro.jpg

"ITS FULL OF WHATS!?!?!?!"

Woohoo: After spending the weekend searching all over the place for my bag, I found it in the Becket 2 this morning. All the more reason to love this room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

With some friends, zaraba and I had a very respectable Monopoly party in our flat tonight. It was very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Very enjoyable! And competitive Ibid did very well \o/. I diversified my risk extremely well, striking up franchise agreements with a former SER editor, a former SER launch manager, europerson and EGaffney. Next, the world.

Ended up sleeping with my contacts in, so now my eyes resemble the Sahara desert. Meh.
    This is no fun during labs, I tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

paperclip wrote: »
    Ended up sleeping with my contacts in, so now my eyes resemble the Sahara desert. Meh.
    This is no fun during labs, I tell you!

Ouch! Methinks you've got the wrong thread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

xebec wrote: »
    Ouch! Methinks you've got the wrong thread :rolleyes:

I think it's fair to let someone who can't see away with it! Sorry to hear that paperclip, and agent smith (other thread).

Was back on the house hunt tonight, saw one place which was grand - has everything we're looking for basically, so we applied for it. Another place was absolutely gorgeous. The landlord had taken such good care of the entire house with proper wooden floors (varnished) and was just a beautiful apartment. Living room area was, unfortunately, far too small though. It's a real pity since I'd love to live there but it's a major negative point so it rules it out.

Still, happy enough with how the evening went.

Advertisement