Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My boss' band (the nice boss, not the crap one) are playing in Betabar tomorrow. Should be hilarious, especially if I can get a few female friends to stand in front of the stage and shriek "Tony! We love you!" at random intervals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Yup, wrong thread, through the pain all I could see was a huge thread...went to click on it...and sure enough, wrong thread!
    But it's a woohoo today- I have new contacts in! :D No more feeling like Helen Keller!

Myth, good to hear that your apartment hunt is taking a turn for the better. Our living area is tiny too, but we get by, all you really need is room for people to sit. If you have that and the rest of it is great, I'd take it if I were you. It's not like you're trying to buy and, well, this is Dublin. Perfect places are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Cautious woo-hoo:

My luck may have made a turnaround.

Firstly, I have found a place to live. Oh sweet, sweet ****ing joy and relief. And it's a nice place, in a nice area [it's also right around the corner from Halls, so I won't feel too out-of-place], and the rent is pretty reasonable. And my flatmates are cool.

Secondly, I'm feeling much, much better after a few days of bedrest, so much so that I'm beginning to doubt my GP's diagnosis of glandular fever [he said himself that my spleen and liver were not enlarged, which was a Good Sign]. I'm waiting on the results of the second blood test [more specific to EBV], so here's hoping it's negative. Even if it isn't, the 39 degrees Celsius fever of doom has abated, and my neck is now narrower than my head again, which is, in itself, cause enough for woohooage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

gg

paperclip wrote: »
    Myth, good to hear that your apartment hunt is taking a turn for the better. Our living area is tiny too, but we get by, all you really need is room for people to sit. If you have that and the rest of it is great, I'd take it if I were you. It's not like you're trying to buy and, well, this is Dublin. Perfect places are few and far between.

See, the thing isn't that I'm looking to live there for 9 months and move on. I'm hoping for somewhere for the next year or two or three or whatever. I get what you're saying, but I'll stick with being picky for the time being :)

Glad to hear you got a place and you're feeling better Pet.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »
    See, the thing isn't that I'm looking to live there for 9 months and move on. I'm hoping for somewhere for the next year or two or three or whatever. I get what you're saying, but I'll stick with being picky for the time being :)

Glad to hear you got a place and you're feeling better Pet.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. More of a domicile and all that. Let us know how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Pet wrote: »
    Cautious woo-hoo:

My luck may have made a turnaround.

Firstly, I have found a place to live. Oh sweet, sweet ****ing joy and relief. And it's a nice place, in a nice area [it's also right around the corner from Halls, so I won't feel too out-of-place], and the rent is pretty reasonable. And my flatmates are cool.

Secondly, I'm feeling much, much better after a few days of bedrest, so much so that I'm beginning to doubt my GP's diagnosis of glandular fever [he said himself that my spleen and liver were not enlarged, which was a Good Sign]. I'm waiting on the results of the second blood test [more specific to EBV], so here's hoping it's negative. Even if it isn't, the 39 degrees Celsius fever of doom has abated, and my neck is now narrower than my head again, which is, in itself, cause enough for woohooage.
    Cause indeed. Congratyourlations on the new abode, but you definately should go for another check-up before giving up the bedrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

yay... got an entrance exhibition award!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woohoo: Off to Oxford for a weekend of nerdy debating. Fun! (and what's sad is that I genuinely mean that)

Huzzah! I'm getting me two pieces of catskin from Trinity today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

I haz me a Baccalaureatus im Artibus! Swish! :D

Congratulations, myth and bartley!

Tell us how your day went- what's it like to graduate from TCD?

Well, first of all you pay over €100 for this magical 'commencement fee' which ends up in some balance sheet somewhere, and doesn't really do that much else. Then you get information about how you've to cough up another €30 to rent the academic robes for around two hours or so. Then there's the ceremony (in latin) in the Exam Hall which was ok, though you'll probably get mightily bored during it. But tradition and all that jazz... You then get the piece of catskin from Dermot McAleese after Heggo passes it over to him, and says your name. If Heggo's busy, the Vice-Provost steps in but Heggo was on duty there yesterday with his new glasses and all.

Then you're frogmarched out of the Exam Hall and plonked at the Chapel, where everyone runs for the relative safety and warmth of the Atrium. Once there, you gorge on finger food which was actually pretty nice as well as wine and the occasional hang sangwiche.

Went for a meal and plenty of booze with the family after that.

A grand day really, just pray it doesn't rain. The documents themselves are nice - I went into the day thinking how it wasn't really a big deal, that in my eyes I was finished when I got my results and that this was really just a necessary evil, but it was difficult not to feel the butterflies in your stomach as you wait for your name to be called :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yea it was good craic alright. Day started at 4pm and ended at 4am this morning. I was well impressed with myself that I stayed the distance. I'll get to do another, fancier, one in four years time hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

did you wear your tux out drinking or did you go home and get changed?

Pretty much everyone wore it out drinking. You just need to go to a better class of bar / club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

which fancier club/bar did you end up going to?

Market bar then the gaiety

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

College putting textile paving at the library. wahey.

Hah, got a phonecall from a landlord about a place just as my 61 year old dad decided to turn on the stereo downstairs (room I'm in at the moment is directly above the living room where the stereo is). He didn't check what CD was in, or what level the stereo was at, so while trying to talk to the landlord about how great myself and my girlfriend are, Spitfire by The Prodigy comes on :D

I'm saying woohoo 'cos I was trying not to laugh. Of course, he decided to leave it on for around a minute or two before turning it off! Afterwards loads of country & western moosick came on, so I really don't want to know what the guy thought...

• Advertisement

Woohoo! Just got €50 in vouchers, albeit for sitting in the Lloyd fMRI scanner for two one-hour blocks [harder than it sounds; you have to stay completely still and do all sorts of strange tasks].

I honestly never knew an MRI machine could produce such a variety of loud, irritating sounds. Banging, screeching, bleeping, bleep-bang, screech-bang-bleep, bang-bang-screech, REALLYLOUDBANG-bangbang-SCREECHSCREECHSCREECH, whistle, puff of air, grindy-groan, multi-octave hum, dissonant multi-tone whine...I honestly didn't know whether to be annoyed, afraid or to just laugh my ass off at the incongruity of it all.

But I have my money now, and a lovely picture of my brain, and that's all that matters.

€50 is no measly reward, you lucky fella, you. I applied for that, but they wouldn't let me in on account of my cochlear implant. :( Safety be screwed, give me my voucher!

Woohoo! Just got €50 in vouchers, albeit for sitting in the Lloyd fMRI scanner for two one-hour blocks [harder than it sounds; you have to stay completely still and do all sorts of strange tasks].

I honestly never knew an MRI machine could produce such a variety of loud, irritating sounds. Banging, screeching, bleeping, bleep-bang, screech-bang-bleep, bang-bang-screech, REALLYLOUDBANG-bangbang-SCREECHSCREECHSCREECH, whistle, puff of air, grindy-groan, multi-octave hum, dissonant multi-tone whine...I honestly didn't know whether to be annoyed, afraid or to just laugh my ass off at the incongruity of it all.

But I have my money now, and a lovely picture of my brain, and that's all that matters.

What where the requirements for that, I remember not be eligible for some reason.

paperclip wrote: »
    €50 is no measly reward, you lucky fella, you. I applied for that, but they wouldn't let me in on account of my cochlear implant.

Oh I know, I'm rather pleased.

And, would you really risk it? Imagine this oxygen canister is your implant...you can imagine what'd happen once you went inside the scanner. Hello exit wound, goodbye skull.
    Boston wrote: »
    What where the requirements for that, I remember not be eligible for some reason.

You had to either be a regular ecstasy user, or completely clean and free of drugs for ~3 months+ [a urine sample was taken for proof].

And, would you really risk it? Imagine this oxygen canister is your implant...you can imagine what'd happen once you went inside the scanner. Hello exit wound, goodbye skull.

True, that. In that case then........woo-hoo! I value my skull!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

my bloody valentine are back.
    that is all kids.

I'm a little drunk. This is the bit where I hug pet and declare him my best mate . Anyway yea, there where other requirements since I believe drug use is drop and against god's law.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

my bloody valentine are back.
    that is all kids.

Not only are they back but I've gots tickets to see them! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Aye I think those things produce up to 4 tesla (i.e. stupidly high magnetic field). You gotta be careful, my mam (edit: a radiographer) has some scare stories of war veterans with embedded shrapnel and pacemakers. Anyway fair play man. Medical science is always one of the more cool ways to prostitute yourself.

You had to either be a regular ecstasy user, or completely clean and free of drugs for ~3 months+ [a urine sample was taken for proof].
    Haha snared Boston.

Wooh for single malt bourbon, not sleeping enough and freaky american tv advertisements

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Woohoo for only being reprimanded. It's a wonder that I haven't been kicked off campus yet. I think I had better start behaving. And start paying rent.

Advertisement