Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Woohoo for only being reprimanded. It's a wonder that I haven't been kicked off campus yet.

For?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Debt free!

ah this feels amazing. no more having to ensure I had a minimum amount in my bank account so that the damn wallet raping bank could take more of my money from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Aye I think those things produce up to 4 tesla (i.e. stupidly high magnetic field).

Yeah, the TCD scanner is 4 tesla for the human component. They have a separate chamber for doing rats that is a whopping 9 tesla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

xebec wrote: »
    For?
    Being bold. Loud music and non-signed in guests. Plus a big fight between one of the porters and a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Woohoo, Smashing Pumpkins playing the RDS in Februrary \o/.

(Not listed on ticketmaster.ie so I reckon it's not MCD...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think they were Aiken the last time they played. Woohoo indeed. Although I've already seen them so I'm not as excited. Might hit the Belfast date too.

Ibid wrote: »
    Woohoo, Smashing Pumpkins playing the RDS in Februrary \o/.

(Not listed on ticketmaster.ie so I reckon it's not MCD...)
    Cool. I saw them last time, so I'll probably just listen in from my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Hmmm... tasty pain au raisins... crispy on the outside, but warm and gooey on the inside.

<Does happy dance.>

europerson wrote: »
    <Does happy dance.>
    ??

• Advertisement

??
    Just generally happy and dancey. No reason in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Found €50 outside the physiology building and handed it into the reception, i feel alot better :) - woohoo

I finally have a desk in the lab to work at now, and have network access for CS. Took long enough, but yay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm dying for the wine reception tomorrow before the Law Soc swing ball. Doesn't matter that the red tastes like blood and the white is better suited over chips, it's still free <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I thought I had lost someones lecture notes. As in, all their notes in all their subjects, thus far this year.

I didn't.

Thank ****.

>>>>phew<<<<

zaraba is experimenting with tea-lights, wax, water and matches in our flat, with some very interesting scientific results.

zaraba is experimenting with tea-lights, wax, water and matches in our flat, with some very interesting scientific results.
    Fire is fun...

There was another Economics board game party: tonight it was Game of Life with wine, beer, and shots of schnapps: all good, especially when one includes the obligatory Riverdance. We went out afterwards, and a certain econo-Boardsie dressed up in ladies' clothes and exposed a lot of flesh by tying his T-shirt at his chest.

The upside? Plenty of Mickey Finns + friends + Game of Life + Riverdance (ow, I f*cked up my knee being Michael Flatley :() + Coppers = fun.

The downside? Zaraba will be knocking on my door in a little over three hours. We're going to a "business breakfast" where we "network" ("The panic, the vomit", anyone?) to find out what people do with their jobs. I've chosen sit beside someone fairly inportant in Irish competition policy, an area I'm seriously considering getting a career in. Not only do I disagree with much of what this person has done profession and will thus find conversing with them even more difficult than usual networking... I've do it with three hours sleep and what will turn out to be a horrible hangover :(.

We went out afterwards, and a certain econo-Boardsie dressed up in ladies' clothes and exposed a lot of flesh by tying his T-shirt at his chest.

Yeah, that night sounds like fun and it particularly sounds like I'm not referenced in that post at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I won a breakfast for two from Trinity FM, booya mofo.

Breakfast for two from where though.....

Ibid wrote: »
    The downside? Zaraba will be knocking on my door in a little over three hours.

Sorry bout not turning up this morning - I realised I had to go to a lecture at 10 and figured that I needed the extra few hours asleep to get through that lecture (which was quantative), my regular securities lecuture, revision and a trip to meath today.

It's alright, I was up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

White hot chocolate AND Twirl.

---sugar induced daze---

At least it was a small hot chocolate...
    plus, micro lab this afternoon. It's only one hour long and interesting to boot. Woohoo...
    ANOTHER plus- my brother and his wife are coming for the weekend tomorrow night! I missed my finnish sister in law, haven't seen her for ages... must brush up on my finnish tonight...

Anyone have any suggestions for cozy pubs in town, quiet and with a slight culchie feel where we could go for a nice pint and a catch-up chat? Mother Reilly's went over well the last time (in Rathmines) they came over,but it's too far out from where I'm living this year. Are there any pubs in the city centre with a similar vibe?

O'Neills on Pearse Street

Great place for a quiet little cosy chat.

I like the new Lincoln Inn as well - however it can be packed, and there is no culchie feel to it.

The place just off O'Connell Bridge on Aston Quay. Can't remember the name, Fitzgeralds maybe? It's a nice quiet place anytime I've been there.

Is it at all possible for me to have a night out without finding the proceedings posted on Boards? Probably not.

Cozy pubs in town: Palace on Fleet street. Everyone there will be at least twice your age. Its where my mother used to drink when she moved to Dublin. Not to be confused with the club of the same name, which is sh*t.

Bowes at the back of Doyles.

Nice guinness.

• Advertisement

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Bowes at the back of Doyles.

Nice guinness.

Yes, and don't tell people about it! There's enough riff raff in there already :D

Advertisement