Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Or Chaplins on Hawkins St. Nice quiet pub.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Lit Review done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

xebec wrote: »
    Or Chaplins on Hawkins St. Nice quiet pub.
    Heh, chaplins to me will always be "that pub i used to go to that didn't check ID when i was 16" :D

Found a place to rent and am moving in on the 17th of December.

Back of the net! ...from Alan Partridge for anyone who highlights everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Have just formulated plans of achieving a Scholarship.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »

At long last! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Myth wrote: »

Back of the net! ...from Alan Partridge for anyone who highlights everything.
    Whens the housewarming? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You know you're drunk when:

1. You walk a large proportion of the trip home with your eyes shut
    2. You get your assed squeezed by your female friend's brother
    3. You went to Lidl to buy cheap wine
    4. You're on Boards after a night out
    5. You texted yoour girlfriend goodnight 4-5 hours ago
    6. You feel like your breathing is a soundtrack to a BBC archaeology documentary
    7. You already can't remember most of tonight
    8. You didn't even bother opening your unread PMs
    9. You haven't shut the door to your apartment
    10. You've just spent the night in Coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Just to remind you, Ibid: you dropped one of our friends onto the tarmac when you were carrying her: you need to be apologetic today.

It was far more of a tackle and using two colons in a sentence is punishable by death. Don't ever do that again :(.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote: »
    It was far more of a tackle and using two colons in a sentence is punishable by death. Don't ever do that again :(.
    Tackle or fall, colons or not, the point still remains.

Here are two colons::
    colonRectum.jpg

Colon.300x300.jpg

One of the best bands of my adolescence are back :). It's a **** video from about 48 seconds onwards, but I love the start of that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm glad I don't have a laptop in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Ibid wrote: »

I think you'll find that if you really drank as much as you seem to have (and especially if there was any guinness involved), you'd be very happy to have a spare colon around.

I was at the Orchestral Society concert in Christ Church: it was fairly good. I went for some drinks in Doyle's with a couple of friends afterwards: that was much fun. I came home then. I've just had some very nice crisps. I think I'll stay up for another while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Exam over and it went well! :)
    Only six days of lectures left before the wonderful, wonderful break. Home to mom and cinnamon rolls....ahhh......can't wait. The man who marries me will have cinnamon rolls all the time. It's the best treat ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

2000 words of a 2000 word essay done bar conclusion and correcting done. Yay.
    2 more essays and 2 more exams to go.

And I had a super lovely Birthday yesterday.:)

Happy birthday! How old are you now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Happy Birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

You know you're becoming too much of an economics nerd when you invent 'humourous' econometrics models to make fun of someone. It's depressing in one way, but quite amusing in another, so I'm choosing to take the positive side on this one.

Oh, and happy birthday again, hils. Present will be presented (see what I did there?) at the inevitable part-ay.

shay_562 wrote: »
    You know you're becoming too much of an economics nerd when you invent 'humourous' econometrics models to make fun of someone. It's depressing in one way, but quite amusing in another, so I'm choosing to take the positive side on this one.

How about sharing it? Then we can decide whether it's actually humorous or not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I was all of a very old 20 on Wednesday. Yay for skipping 4th year.

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

20? Christ I feel old.

Boston wrote: »
    20? Christ I feel old.

Me too and I'm only 23 next month!

:( for having to return to college ON my birthday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

xebec wrote:
    shay_562 wrote:
    How about sharing it? Then we can decide whether it's actually humorous or not

Eh, the model is too debater-centric to be funny to normal economists (and I've already come to terms with being a debater nerd). Instead, I offer this joke from today's lecture with Andrew Somerville, to help us understand efficient markets hypothesis:

Two economists are walking across Front Square. One of them says "Look! There's €20 lying on the ground there!". The other replies "That's impossible. If there were €20 on the ground, someone would have picked it up already."

I think the fact that I found this kinda hilarious when no one else did demonstrates that I am, in fact, a lost cause.

shay_562 wrote: »
    Instead, I offer this joke from today's lecture with Andrew Somerville, to help us understand efficient markets hypothesis:

Two economists are walking across Front Square. One of them says "Look! There's €20 lying on the ground there!". The other replies "That's impossible. If there were €20 on the ground, someone would have picked it up already."
    Long live Dr. Somerville :).

I presume they then proceeded to the Buttery Bar for a pint of stout.

Ouh, we're nearing 4,000 posts on this thread :)

I am introducing europerson to the delights of 'The Garage' and 'Chop Shop'.

However he is failing to release his inner grease monkey.....

The flat now has a christmas tree though!

• Advertisement

I am introducing europerson to the delights of 'The Garage' and 'Chop Shop'.

However he is failing to release his inner grease monkey.....
    I don't think I have one.
    The flat now has a christmas tree though!
    Not only that, but Christmas candles, Christmas lights and a Santa in a chimney. We also have shiny baubles.

EDIT: Necessary to make my post more acceptable to my flatmate.

Advertisement