Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Elsewhere, I have a nice new suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Ibid wrote:
    Long live Dr. Somerville .

I presume they then proceeded to the Buttery Bar for a pint of stout.

Oh, doubtless. You know, I don't like him much as a lecturer, but I have to admit he's truly hilarious. I nearly died from trying not to openly laugh during his explanation of assymetric information through lemons - "poor-quality cars, or to use a more American expression, 'automobiles'" - do you think he realises how insane he sounds half the time and plays up to it? Or is he actually a little bit crazy?

On the notes of zaraba and europerson above: Woohoo! It's nearly Christmas, and as it's past the 1st of December, it's now acceptable to enjoy that fact and sing carols accordingly. I look forward to closing every night out for the next three weeks with "Fairytale of New York"! And I mean that genuinely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Three woo-hoos:

-My Italian flatmate's mammy [a legend in the kitchen] came over for a week, and cooked dinner for all of us last night and will be doing so again tonight. She's awesome. Hurrah for homemade Italian food!

-I would like to take this opportunity to rave about the learning support service, who are truly fantastic. They sit you down, sort your **** out and show you how to actually do work. Plus, they keep you on track, which some people [for example, yours truly] desperately need. Go LSS!

-My tutor is a Hugh-Laurie-lookin' legend.

Work gave me this large safety mug thing (with a lid and all) and I've had so much tea today it's insane. I used to drink two or three a day out of the tiny polystyrene cups, but this thing is probably closer to a pint and I've had around 3 cups full today. Weeeeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Myth wrote: »
    Work gave me this large safety mug thing (with a lid and all) and I've had so much tea today it's insane. I used to drink two or three a day out of the tiny polystyrene cups, but this thing is probably closer to a pint and I've had around 3 cups full today. Weeeeee.
    Wee indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm listening to recordings made by FoT over a year ago. They're damn good ones, too. It was worth the wait, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Agreed, they're great and you can all listen to them here:
    http://www.myspace.com/furyoftim

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I am now only one pharmacognosy and four biochemistry lectures away from freedom for a month! Woohoo! What will I dooo with all this free time? :)
    (say study and I'll kill you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Woot, 4000th post on this thread.

Darnit! I was so close!

Congrats, Neil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

paperclip wrote: »
    Darnit! I was so close!

Congrats, Neil.

You got the 4000th reply though! (And it was actually Enda)

Woohoo! Only 4 hours left of work tomorrow, then work drinks & pizza & food & more drinks & more food & more drinks!

I'm in the Hamilton Library, which is super-quiet today, but I was stirred by a steam train crossing over the bridge across Trinity's north-east corner: it was noisy and steamy. It looked cool against CRANN.

Here is the train in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It's passed by a few times recently, it really does look cool seeing the old train against the new CRANN.

What's the best vantage point for me to see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

The O'Reilly Institute I imagine. Top floor of the lloyd could be good too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It used to pass by quite regularly last summer. All the steam/smoke used to come in my window in Goldsmith as I was right beside Pearse station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

I took that train from Dublin to Wexford last year. Was a great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I finally made a fair bit of progress in my FYP over the weekend - good steps forward.

I now have two graphics cards driving 12 screens off the same scene - still needs tweaking to get lots of stuff working, but any of the other comp folk will know that this is a pain in the arse :P

as a rant bit though, i dislike coding DirectX stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i finally bought ram for the pc in the study in my house

BUT

i cant remember the Admin password to the pc in the study in my house, and I want to reinstall xp on it :(

I am kay-nackered.

I don't know how anyone has the energy to be full-time boyfriend. I think I could sleep for a week.

Still, woo-hoo for a great weekend of tourguiding and romancing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My aunt got engaged.:)

Woohoo to access to further parts of College!!

Not only were there photographs taken in the Goldsmith Sky-Bridge with a certain much-loved chess player, there was then further exploration that may lead to great things in the future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ibid wrote: »
    Not only were there photographs taken in the Goldsmith Sky-Bridge

I will never grow tired of walking across that (especially after it sat there taunting me all of last year).

Woohoo to access to further parts of College!!

Not only were there photographs taken in the Goldsmith Sky-Bridge with a certain much-loved chess player, there was then further exploration that may lead to great things in the future.
    You're dead to me.

b.ie polar wrote: »
    You're dead to me.
    I'm so confused.

b.ie polar wrote: »
    You're dead to me.

Honey, even after storming off, I called you and invited you to the Place of Mystery.

there are people abseiling in the ussher... some poor foreign student got a bit of a fright when the window cleaner landed on his desk!

• Advertisement

Honey, even after storming off, I called you and invited you to the Place of Mystery.
    Heh, yeah. I think my last words were something akin to 'I am not in a bad mood!' before stalking away. I'm such a tool.

Anyway, you're dead to me because you wrote me out of the skybridge tale. Just because I'm not hunky and Czec. Cry.

Advertisement