Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Heh, nothing beats a well-placed T-roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

It's a work of beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I'm the proud winner of a shrek 3 dvd from Trinity News! Woohoo!
    I hardly ever win things, so I'm adding this to my little stack of pride. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

As of yesterday, I am no longer going to be evicted. Result! It only required me to throw out any foolish notions I may have had of educating myself further away from any useful line of employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So your father used the threat of not paying for your accommodation as a motivational tool in forcing you down a particular educational path, and you think this is a good thing?

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    So your father used the threat of not paying for your accommodation as a motivational tool in forcing you down a particular educational path, and you think this is a good thing?
    My father never threatened me with anything, nor has he ever tried to force me down a particular educational path. How you could infer such things is quite baffling.

But yes, I do regard the opportunity to live on campus to be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

b.ie polar wrote:
    How you could infer such things is quite baffling.
    b.ie polar wrote: »
    It only required me to throw out any foolish notions I may have had of educating myself further away from any useful line of employment.
    And you've mentioned before on here I think that your father was contributing to your rent.
    So... if you can forgive my prying, what other connection does your education choices have to do with your rent paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I asked a 'mate' to stand as best man for me (ive known him 20 odd years) any one whos married or remembered the prep think back anyway asked the mate no stress but i need to get it all sorted ten weeks before the day 15 weeks no sign of him 14 wseeks no sign of him.... i could go on but you get the picture. 7 weeks to go you he says he could make it down to sort out the arrangements but could you pick me up ( i m in wex hes in dub and while your at it we'll pick up the lads and go on the piss)i was looking to sort out the suits and colour schemes and wasnt lookin for a session anyway havn't heard from him in five weeks (fone text or mail) should i tell him to [EMAIL="f@+k"]f@+k[/EMAIL] off, i needs an outside opion:confused::confused:
    cheers

Wow...

I think you're posting in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Wow...

I think you're posting in the wrong place.
    sorry bout that
    cheerfully withdrawn
    how do i post to the right page
    cheers

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    And you've mentioned before on here I think that your father was contributing to your rent.
    Nope. I pay for my rent.
    So... if you can forgive my prying, what other connection does your education choices have to do with your rent paying?
    I'm only willing to get into so much debt. Money that might have gone on a postgrad has gone on rent. Plus I'll need a job to pay back my loan.

All this is sounding decidedly like a moan, even though I'm delighted to still be on campus. I even got myself a differently-abled christmas tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Erm, a postgrad doesn't make you less employable. In fact, the move is towards master degrees, so in a few short years you could find yourself having to go back to college and work full time in order to compete.

Just finished procrastinating by cleaning my bathroom..

Positive: My Wall and bath are now no longer muticoloured, and the really weird pink stains are gone (they were freaky!)

Negative: My lungs hurt from inhaling Flash and now have to go back to my dissertation..

the really weird pink stains are gone (they were freaky!)
    What were they? I was too afraid to ask.

They were there when I moved in... maybe some confused mould, or the remains of some hair product. Either way, they're gone!

I thought it was Mrs zaraba's shampoo or something.

Anyway, woohoo: BBC News 24 is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Have you found some way to watch News 24 on campus - or are you now somewhere else?

xeduCat wrote: »
    Have you found some way to watch News 24 on campus - or are you now somewhere else?
    Alas, I'm somewhere else: my humble abode.

Am now moved in. Huzzah!

• Advertisement

Congrats!!

Most of today I was drinkin port in my office (Cockburn's, only the finest...) and playin street fighter 2 with the lads in the office. Got 2 joypads and an emulator. Great laugh this phd lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MissyRock

I wrapped all the presents for Christmas (family, friends and relations) and did the ironing :D
    I am so proud of myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

I have rediscovered my childhood with crashbandicoot on the original playstation - score!

You know you've had a good night out, when you collect a copy of Herald AM on your way home.

Got a good grade on my first final!

However my supervisor wants to see me this Friday... my augury skills indicate it could go badly!

balzarywex wrote: »
    I have rediscovered my childhood with crashbandicoot on the original playstation - score!
    Me jealous! CB2 was a major improvement, though.

Watching Trigger Happy TV...

Great great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Recorded an EP last night

• Advertisement

I really like not being in work.

Advertisement