Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I would like to stress that I was not involved in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

beers on the 19th in the hairy lemon if anyone needs a pint then..

I play to be mightily hungover that day :)

In other woohoos, I went out last night and had a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Myth wrote: »
    I play to be mightily hungover that day :)
    Ditto.
    In other woohoos, I went out last night and had a good laugh.
    Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I have the afternoon off and I'm going to bake spinach pie for dinner tonight!

http://www.pastrywiz.com/dailyrecipes/recipes/521.htm

Darn good stuff, darn good. Only shame is that it goes too quickly...at least there are 12 slices. :)

I'm having sushi for lunch. Woohoo for capitalistic gastronomy!

• Advertisement

just joined the irish film centre for the year for 20eur (its 15 for students)..and they've already given me a free cinema ticket and I just won an invite to a preview screening!

such good value! and you get 10% off all beer / food there :)

Just wrote a really long rant on my blog and I feel better now. Woohoo! :D Yay for directing anger outwards into the void!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Posting from the O'Toole's last Introduction to Economics lecture! Plus we got to fill out course evaluation forms! I reckon he was slated across the board.

Sorry Fran...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Sigh, Freshmen know not what they do.

Fran is an excellent lecturer. I expect you'll come to understand this in the fullness of time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1028

I see myself reading that an awful lot for the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Try www.realclearpolitics.com

But be warned it's highly addictive, and any of the editorials from the site staff will have a right wing bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Doing a couple of articles about CRANN and it's v interesting stuff. The people I interviewed were even nice enough to explain things using words that I could actually understand, which was a bonus:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Stargal wrote: »
    Doing a couple of articles about CRANN and it's v interesting stuff. The people I interviewed were even nice enough to explain things using words that I could actually understand, which was a bonus:)
    Kewl. Let me know when it's published please. Who did you interview?

Was finished work at 1:30 or so, and went home. When I tried to get in, my key wouldn't work. Rent was due yesterday, and the ****ing estate agents who were meant to sort out the payment didn't bother giving details to the bank (as checked by my friend in BoI) so I was thinking that the landlord had changed the locks. Happily, it was simply a coincidence and I did relax accordingly for two or three hours with some mushroom soup, bacon & cabbage and a pint in a nearby pub/club. The lock simply became very very stiff, and so it wasn't changed or anything (which I knew from the agreement we signed that they couldn't evict us for 7 days anyways) but it was still a time of a bit of anxiety.

So, woohoo, I'm finally home. Oh, and woohoo that it's the weekend. And finally, woohoo that I'm meeting a potential Masters/PhD supervisory person next Tuesday in UCD.

1166108244.47483701.phpSPYBTW.jpg

Huzzah! HEA are about to launch http://www.studentfinance.ie/.

^^That guy looks deadly.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Kewl. Let me know when it's published please. Who did you interview?
    It'll be part of a supplement all about the Naughton Institute that'll be in Wednesday's paper. I interviewed Dr Graham Cross and Prof Stefano Sanvito - do you know them? Also a PhD student and two people who did work placements there (a TY student and a TCD undergrad) but you prob wouldn't know them. They were all v helpful and chatty, made it v easy:)

It'll be part of a supplement all about the Naughton Institute that'll be in Wednesday's paper. I interviewed Dr Graham Cross and Prof Stefano Sanvito - do you know them? Also a PhD student and two people who did work placements there (a TY student and a TCD undergrad) but you prob wouldn't know them. They were all v helpful and chatty, made it v easy:)
    Cross is new to his lectureship in the school of physics so haven't gotten to know him yet. I know Prof Sanvito, he's difficult enough to understand, fair play to you. Did he say "and then you must deciiiide", it's like his catchphrase and has uncanny similarities to how Borat would intone. Who was the phd student?

Cross is new to his lectureship in the school of physics so haven't gotten to know him yet. I know Prof Sanvito, he's difficult enough to understand, fair play to you. Did he say "and then you must deciiiide", it's like his catchphrase and has uncanny similarities to how Borat would intone. Who was the phd student?
    Lol, he actually did - maybe he came from Italy by way of Kazakhstan :) Yeah they were both good interviewees; found Prof Sanvito fine to understand over the phone tbh, so hopefully it'll still be grand when I'm transcribing it tomorrow! The PhD student was Evelyn Doherty. She did Physics, same as you (right?) but she's a couple of years older so don't know if you'd know her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

One very quiet woohoo for 21sts, and the lovely people who look after cooking and music and cleaning up the next morning. Then I'm going to crawl back into a corner and continue slowly dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Small world. I'm a friend of Jonathan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

zaraba is here, drunk, and he's totally denying his sexual attraction.

europerson wrote: »
    he's totally denying his sexual attraction.
    To what? His rifle? I guess it is kinda phallic

To what?
    To clever BESS girls.

Mrs zaraba and I were a team in a game of Trivial Pursuit last night, and we won, by the way. zaraba's team came second.

europerson wrote: »
    To clever BESS girls.

Mrs zaraba and I were a team in a game of Trivial Pursuit last night, and we won, by the way. zaraba's team came second.

LIAR! We soo won that game!

Now my head hurts...

just saw Darjeeling limited in the Screen..wasn't bad.

I am Very Excited about the new punk science gallery!

Having been in NCAD and TCD (doing a sciencey subject), I've had my fair share of people mentioning how they're very different....but I've never thought so, they are two sides of the same coin. Now there's a gallery celebrating it!

I can't wait.

http://www.sciencegallery.com/index.php

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Best. Postcount. Ever. For a Wexford Mod

1798ee6.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Best. Postcount. Ever. For a Wexford Mod

1798ee6.th.jpg

That's sweet alright. Yet another memorial to 1798.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to visiting the Science Gallery, seeing as I walk by it several times a day, and I've been dying to see what it's like. There are new trees outside it, along Pearse Street, too. I always like to see new trees.

Advertisement