Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

wohoo I found a t shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Heh. Someone asked me if I was an 'IT guy' after I "fixed" (i.e. turned off and on again) some computaters in Beckett 1.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I just won a Nintendo wii in the work raffell!

Lucky son of a ditch!

My internship interview went well today. And I look damn-ass sexeh in suit. Both these things combined make me too happy to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Can I havz it plz?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

funny-pictures-cat-wii-excuse.jpg

Sooon.....this will be YOU!

b.ie polar wrote: »
    And I look damn-ass sexeh in suit.

This is true.

Woohoo - all round good economic marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Am finished my exams for easter- now for sleep. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

dan719 wrote:
    Am finished my exams for easter- now for sleep.

+1. Though throw in a massive Chinese takeaway first, filled with glorious additives and E-numbers and all the other things guaranteed to make my brain artificially happy. Mmmmmm. Exams were a tad cack though, especially the one I showed up for this morning having prepared the wrong subject (I somehow managed to misread "Applied Finance" as "Mathematical Economics" on my own hand-written timetable). But still, they're over! Woohoo!

Random funny thing that made me laugh: was trying to access tudou.com (random Chinese youtube-alike, filled with glorious copyright infringement) and kept getting an error message; figured it was a down-for-maintenance thing (from the times), but ran it through BabelFish to check:
    BabelFish wrote:
    Each potato: In order to provides a better service to everybody, we are moving the extension potato central engine room. On March 14 before dawn 0:00 ~ at night 24:00, our service suspends for 24 hours. On March 15 before dawn 0:00 new engine room moved has completed, the potato could punctually go home.

Never has the word "potato" amused me so much...

Also, woohoo: 1,000th post! At an average of 1 per day according to boards...can't find a breakdown, but I'm guessing at least 95% of that is in this forum. Mayhaps I talk too much...

• Advertisement

need sleep cigarettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote: »
    Also, woohoo: 1,000th post! At an average of 1 per day according to boards...can't find a breakdown, but I'm guessing at least 95% of that is in this forum. Mayhaps I talk too much...

As of this post, 24.4% are on this forum.

Wow. my post this morning shows just how much of a state of mental arrest I was in. I should have said: I need sleep, but I'm looking forward to my cigarettes.

You smoke <_<

My flatmate left the flat rapidly under suspicous circumstances this morning... methinks he has a date!! ;)

My flatmate left the flat rapidly under suspicous circumstances this morning... methinks he has a date!! ;)
    Indeed he did, with Date-a-stream. See what I did there? Didya? I is highlareeus.
    Boston wrote:
    You smoke
    Only under highly stressful situations. Like now.

Yay for sushi on campus! Finally, I can have my healthy food while not having to trek over to M & S!
    It's tasty too...hope they keep it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Sushi? where?

also, M&S sushi is terrible. absolutely terrible.

Boston wrote:
    As of this post, 24.4% are on this forum.

Cool - how'd you check that?
    crash_000 wrote:
    Sushi? where?

I know they sell it in the Java City in the Buttery from time to time, though paperclip may have found it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I know they sell it in the Java City in the Buttery from time to time, though paperclip may have found it elsewhere.

Is the buttery doing a full service even over 'Spring Break (woo)'?

• Advertisement

They normally do...

It's now actually being sold in the buttery and java cafe both in the hamilton and the arts block.

I so want to do something like this:http://www.improveverywhere.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Really relaxed after a few days at home...place of refuge and relaxation. Now looking forward to rather then dreading trinity term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Woo-Hoo! Things are starting to move faster in College.....

Following a University Council meeting, all exam time-tables have to be finalised and sent in by Tuesday so they can start putting them online. So, they should be out a good bit earlier this year. But I'm not giving you a date as I don't have an exact one yet. But, when it happens, oh you will know...

That and I got a bunch of great DVDs for real cheap. I love it when economic recessions force HMV Waterstones into flogging crap cheaply. Huzzah!

Which DVDs? Which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Never has the word "potato" amused me so much...
    For some unknown reason I was reading the wikipedia page for tudou, and this reminded me of your post:
    The name Tudou is Chinese Pinyin (Romanized Chinese) for Potato.
    According to CEO Wang, the name comes from the English idiom "couch potato." He stated that his goal was to move couch potatoes from the television screen to the computer screen
    It also makes me wonder if it would be possible to be taken seriously in this country if your surname was "Wang".

Camels. Is there anything they can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Myth wrote: »
    Camels. Is there anything they can't do?

Store water? Check. Ruminate? Check. Transport people and goods across the desert? Check. Give you cancer? Check.

Camels can give you cancer?

• Advertisement

Ah bless your innocent head.

Advertisement