Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Selection
    Just to be nice to other users, the users Ibid mentioned have all been published in this year's Student Economic Review. :)

On the subject of economics, very good International Economics results for all, it seems. Go us! :)
    wowy wrote: »
    Passed my driving test today. Yay!
    Congratulations. :)
    snorlax wrote: »
    what time were you on at? i had mine there at 1.30..nerve wracking the whole waiting around lark!
    Hope you got on well! :)

Smilies for all. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

snorlax wrote: »
    what time were you on at? i had mine there at 1.30..nerve wracking the whole waiting around lark!

I was at 1.45 in SGS in Dun Laoighre. I also had a supervisor which I wasn't expecting, and then when I made a balls of the hill start at the very start coming out of the centre I thought that I'd blown it, but I managed to get around the rest of the place without too much of a problem. It was my second test, so the anxious waiting wasn't too bad for me this time. Better luck next time anyway, and if you're back to Dun Laoighre, you should go for a pre-test with Joe in apple school of motoring-I found him really good; basically cos of him I remembered I had a left mirror. Which I head is kinda important.

Oh, and cheers europerson.

On another woo-hoo, our American strategy lecturer doesn't seem to understand Irish grading, and hence gave the entrie class great marks for our group projects. Back o' the net!

Yeah, I heard he gave 98% to people...

24/25, so 96%.

Nice enough mark. I was disappointed with 80%. Didn't think that I'd ever get a chance to say that.

On another woo-hoo, our American strategy lecturer doesn't seem to understand Irish grading, and hence gave the entrie class great marks for our group projects. Back o' the net!
    How much was that project worth?

• Advertisement

25% wasn't it?

It was yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

I was at 1.45 in SGS in Dun Laoighre. I also had a supervisor which I wasn't expecting, and then when I made a balls of the hill start at the very start coming out of the centre I thought that I'd blown it, but I managed to get around the rest of the place without too much of a problem. It was my second test, so the anxious waiting wasn't too bad for me this time. Better luck next time anyway, and if you're back to Dun Laoighre, you should go for a pre-test with Joe in apple school of motoring-I found him really good; basically cos of him I remembered I had a left mirror. Which I head is kinda important.
    I had mine at 1.30 so you must have been just after me! Iv only being driving solo for about 3 weeks now so I probably wasn't ready for it..my instructor didn't pick me up on any of the things i lost out on (eg left wing mirror). I wouldn't mind but I actually did well on the hill start but cut out once on the turnabout so i got a grade two for that and reversing all at once and for going over ramps too fast! do you have this apple person's number? would be grateful for a good instructor :)..course i didn't do a proper pre-test either . thanks anyhow to yourself and Europerson for the good luck !

http://appleschoolofmotoring.com/

That has it all. But be warned, if you're going for a pre-test with him, be sure to contact him early. I left it kinda late, and his only free time for me was 8am-10am on Sunday morning. Yeah, the sunday when the clocks went forward. Man, getting up that day was rough.

europerson wrote: »
    How much was that project worth?
    25% wasn't it?
    It was yeah.
    Wow. Good for you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bertie's going in May, woo!

Woo, Biffo's daughter is surprisingly hot.

Edit: Nearly everyone on Gmail chat has 'bye bye bertie' or something similar as their status. Love it.

Myth wrote: »
    Woo, Biffo's daughter is surprisingly hot.
    He has two daughters. One is nine, the other's sixteen. Either way, you're a sick man.
    Edit: Nearly everyone on Gmail chat has 'bye bye bertie' or something similar as their status. Love it.
    He's a man of the people. What can we say?

europerson wrote: »
    He has two daughters. One is nine, the other's sixteen. Either way, you're a sick man.

Hence the surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It shows they really like bertie, and wish to wish him well. how nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Bertie ftw tbh, anyone who thinks otherwise is a begrudging begrudger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

europerson wrote:
    Just to be nice to other users, the users Ibid mentioned have all been published in this year's Student Economic Review.

Woohoo indeed!

Other assorted woohoos: Trinity 1 retained the Ultimate Frisbee intervarsity trophy for the third year running. Trinity 2 managed to win a match in the same competition for the first time in three years. Me and awayindahils made it to the final of a debating competition. And our Applied Finance class got one-week extensions on our essays and group projects. Woohoo in general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Myth wrote: »
    You didn't look pregnant before.
    You do realise that I never actually looked like Ronaldo (no matter how much I would like to)?

Woohoo! ESRI offered me a place on their internship programme!

Double woohoo: The job they offered is waaaay cooler then the job I was interviewed for this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Well done, fair dues man. Summer ale shall be drank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Woohoo! ESRI offered me a place on their internship programme!

Double woohoo: The job they offered is waaaay cooler then the job I was interviewed for this morning!

nice. thats a huge opportunity! Fair play! Maybe have a chat to Prof Colm Kearney before starting work, as he was a research professor there before joining TCD (well ... after spending a year or two in DCU). There's a few things about the ESRI work environment that are worth learning about before starting your internship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its meh Birthday!

edit: oh, and my girlfriend and I booked our holidays yesterday.

Gonna be going through Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and the US. heeeheeheee :D

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Its meh Birthday!

edit: oh, and my girlfriend and I booked our holidays yesterday.

Gonna be going through Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and the US. heeeheeheee :D

Happy Birthday!!

And that sounds like a great trip!

Just watching 'Jamie at Home' - I wish I could cook.

However I am somewhat in good form so that deserves a woohoo!

Further woohoo!

My supervisor likes my dissertation!

Just a few format changes required and a little tidying but overall - good!

I saw the Provost crossing College Park today, and he had a very fetching trench coat. He really is most fashionable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Does anyone know the outcome of last night's society awards?

Last essay handed in. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Some fool has offered me a job. Hurrah for not being completely flipped after college.

Advertisement