Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Where and when can I get me a copy of said SER?

Figure I might actually read it this year, seeing as I know some of the authors... That said, I did read zaraba's essay last year, don't have a clue what it was about though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Er, yeah, sorry for going off the deep end towards the end. And the missus asked me to extend her apologies as well. The pair of us are such moody drunks.

You can say that again. Neither of you talked to me the whole god damn night, just acted like i wasn't there :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Boston wrote: »
    You can say that again. Neither of you talked to me the whole god damn night, just acted like i wasn't there :mad:
    You smelled like dead fish. We can't be seen talking to people who smell like dead fish. Its just the way society works.

Seriously, though, she's not my real missus. I'm still holding out for our forbidden cyber-love.

xebec wrote: »
    Where and when can I get me a copy of said SER?

Figure I might actually read it this year, seeing as I know some of the authors... That said, I did read zaraba's essay last year, don't have a clue what it was about though ;)

Arts block.. they have a stand there. €2 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Arts block.. they have a stand there. €2 a pop.

You mean I have to go into that place? Why don't they have a stand down the real end of college?! They'd understand the maths better down there at least...

Only kidding, cool will pick one up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Er, yeah, sorry for going off the deep end towards the end. And the missus asked me to extend her apologies as well. The pair of us are such moody drunks.
    Nah sure twas a laugh, better than being boring like. Was chattin to ur "missus" earlier today, and she was laughin at the lack of logic that was exhibited in the aul drunken dramatism. You guys are so coo'...
    Woohoo for half price marks and spencers. it was cheaper than the McDonalds eurosaver option I was mulling over, and a bazillion times nicer. Although it did contain rice. Now I'll have to go to the gym tomorrow.
    Rice! It's evil baby...

evil_baby.jpg
    Seriously, though, she's not my real missus. I'm still holding out for our forbidden cyber-love.
    I'm just confused now. For the benefit of other boardsies, this is a mutual friend of ours out of b.ie curious's class.
    Dead fish left-in-the-sun, lovely rancid smelly lipid peroxides. mmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

60% of one of my courses next year is presentation based. All I have to do is talk. I knew there was a reason I stuck with debating. Yay. There is hope for a first.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I'm just confused now.
    "our forbidden cyber-love" = mine and Boston's.

Oh gym, how I missed thee.

I'm full of happy hormones. Also, I want to go out and hunt something. And eat it raw. It would appear my biochemistry is very sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Zoodlebop

My amazing friends have procured me a birthday ticket for the unmentionable event. I'll be there with bells on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sssshhhh! no talking about it!

I stick with the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

lost the complete nail off my right index finger...got all bandaged up at work by the nurses! my dressing is so neat :)

snorlax wrote: »
    lost the complete nail off my right index finger...got all bandaged up at work by the nurses! my dressing is so neat :)
    Woo...hoo?

Unless they gave you happy drugs, I don't get it.

Woo...hoo?

Unless they gave you happy drugs, I don't get it.

Last ditch effort to give up cocaine.

You can do it sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

the nail was blackened anyhow after being squished in a door previously (incredibly painful) ..really it was waiting to fall off :D

Last ditch effort to give up cocaine.
    Cocaine is not a happy drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

hmmm, ok I'll do it then...
    ...I'm rick james bitch

Cocaine is not a happy drug.

Thats why giving it up makes you happy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75qXUfp4wtw

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say a sentence like this before but now that my head is clearing up: I had fun last night at the student economic review party thing. Thank you Ibid, Gilroyb, b.ie curious and europerson for contributing to that enjoyment.

Bit late, but also had an enjoyable night that night. Didn't enjoy waking up at nine the next morning slightly late for work, but these things have to be done I suppose.

Thanks to all mentioned above for what I remember about that night. (and probably sorry for what I don't)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

gilroyb wrote: »
    Bit late, but also had an enjoyable night that night. Didn't enjoy waking up at nine the next morning slightly late for work, but these things have to be done I suppose.

Thanks to all mentioned above for what I remember about that night. (and probably sorry for what I don't)
    I owe you a drink, sir. Same place, same time next year, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

i have an all nighter ahead of me and i am already tired.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My final year report is due in tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clongriffin128

Ah Ibid, don't worry. What you said was not psychotic or sexually harassing. She probably just didn't know what 'Boston knows you' means. You can see how a sentence like that can infringe on a woman's modesty. Saying a whole city in Massacheusets knows a girl is probably saying more than you want to be saying. You'd probably be better saying 'a guy I know off the internet'. At least then your missus will only think you're a bit sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

great bus btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ah Ibid, don't worry. What you said was not psychotic or sexually harassing. She probably just didn't know what 'Boston knows you' means. You can see how a sentence like that can infringe on a woman's modesty. Saying a whole city in Massacheusets knows a girl is probably saying more than you want to be saying. You'd probably be better saying 'a guy I know off the internet'. At least then your missus will only think you're a bit sad.
    Hehe :pac:

Nah, Boston (the insignificant one, not the city) made that comment presumably after I was introduced to one of his friends at the Pav on Friday. We recognised each other through Boston.* When "the missus" - an engineer, so in no place to call me sad - discovered I knew said insignificant she smirked and told me she'd tell me later.

Personally, I'm mostly intrigued as to how this may influence invitation decisions in future.

*That's Boston B.A. as distinct from Boston, MA

çrash_000 wrote: »
    My final year report is due in tomorrow :(
    Congrats, Mr._000! I hope you're pleased with how it all worked out.

Woo: I made a daisy chain!

Now alls I need is that gender reassignment op, and my life will be complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Woo: I made a daisy chain!

Now alls I need is that gender reassignment op, and my life will be complete.

Daisy chains are manly, don't mind those begruding begrudgers. Wear it with pride!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Double woo-hoo.

1. Had my very last class in Trinity today.

The reason that it's monumental is that by attending it, I completed my Golden year. Not a single lecture or tutorial was missed. Pretty happy with that performance I must say.

2. Phil AGM last night-after 4 years in the society, I finally gave a good speech in the chamber. Better late than never.

• Advertisement

<3 4 day bank holiday weekend.

Advertisement