Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

It's sunny.

We have strawberries and vanilla/sugar whipped cream in the fridge.

Life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

t shirt. sandals. :)

Having a head start on the summer exams on account of schols. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

No more essays left!!! Yay.

(Stoopid exams though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

wowy wrote:
    Double woo-hoo.

1. Had my very last class in Trinity today.

The reason that it's monumental is that by attending it, I completed my Golden year. Not a single lecture or tutorial was missed. Pretty happy with that performance I must say.

2. Phil AGM last night-after 4 years in the society, I finally gave a good speech in the chamber. Better late than never.

Congrats on both (your speech was fantastic), though you do bring shame on us all with your Golden Year. I have yet to manage a week without missed lectures; the thought of maintaining 30-odd weeks of dedication is kinda horrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

shay_562 wrote: »
    Congrats on both (your speech was fantastic), though you do bring shame on us all with your Golden Year. I have yet to manage a week without missed lectures; the thought of maintaining 30-odd weeks of dedication is kinda horrifying.
    Jaysus, I rarely had a golden day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Lectures IMO, are a complete waste of time. At least for me, I'd gain nothing from them. I consider them more of a hinderance due to the amount of time they take up. I'd zone out for a moment and then have no clue what's going on for the rest of it... "what's upsilon again?".

Overall, I'd say I went to less than a third of my lectures as an undergrad. In final year I went to a fifth, the two out of ten courses where notes weren't on the interweb. I was only there in my capacity as a transcriber.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Lectures IMO, are a complete waste of time. At least for me, I'd gain nothing from them. I consider them more of a hinderance due to the amount of time they take up. I'd zone out for a moment and then have no clue what's going on for the rest of it... "what's upsilon again?".

Overall, I'd say I went to less than a third of my lectures as an undergrad. In final year I went to a fifth, the two out of ten courses where notes weren't on the interweb. I was only there in my capacity as a transcriber.

I couldn't agree more. If you are anyway capable in the sciences you are more then capable of learning material through notes (and quite frankly, quicker then if you went to lectures). I have gone to close to 100% of maths lectures due to a) the emphasis on understanding and the speed with which they travel through material but largely b) due to the fact that everything is done on a blackboard and there are no online notes. I go to feck all physics lectures and don't do particularly suffer because of it. They pretty much just tell you about the small minority of the subject that you will be examined on, but mostly they teach you nothing a book won't tell you in your own time.

Quick question:

You know the Annual Baboons and Astronauts Living Legends event taking place tomorrow in college...

When does the college close during the day tomorrow? i.e when do ya have to leave?

Is there anywhere to sit down / shelter during the conference?

Thanks

I think the place shut down at around 6pm before. Usually there's an e-mail sent out informing people about the conference each year, including information about when you've to get your ass out of The Island unless you're a resident/signed in/going to the Chairman's Dinner.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »
    I think the place shut down at around 6pm before. Usually there's an e-mail sent out informing people about the conference each year, including information about when you've to get your ass out of The Island unless you're a resident/signed in/going to the Chairman's Dinner.

indeed, wonderful, thank you.

should be a great conference!

I think the place shut down at around 6pm before.

Apparently it's shutting at 5 this year. I think the library might be closed before that. 3 maybe.

Someone who actually got the email might confirm.

Apparently it's shutting at 5 this year. I think the library might be closed before that. 3 maybe.

Someone who actually got the email might confirm.

Library is open till 5.

stop pretending like you're a Trinity student.:p

Library is open till 5.

stop pretending like you're a Trinity student.:p
    /runs off and cries.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

CAO confirmation....trinity may not have seen the last of me just yet

signed:trinners drop out!! :D

/runs off and cries.

*feels bad*

*runs after Ronny*

*gives Ronny a hug*

/feels better.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

I was at DU Orchestral Society's performance of some Sigor Ros songs. Very impressed arranged by a chap called Brian Denvir. It was performed in St Andrew's Church on Westland row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Woo: I gots me tickets to my favourite bi-curious Canadian songstress!

Woo. I got tickets to Springsteen even though it's been sold out for months.

Trumped ya!

• Advertisement

Trumped ya!
    Meh. I prefer angry lesbian music.

Trumped ya!

I had a spare ticket a week or two ago, gone now though. What night you going? I've tickets for the Friday night.

I had a spare ticket a week or two ago, gone now though. What night you going? I've tickets for the Friday night.
    Thursday.

I've a wedding to go to on the Friday and the person I'm going with works on Fridays anyway. Should be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ditto... Her new album comes out the end of this month. I don't care if it's ****e, I'll have it proper listened to by the time the concert comes around.

Another woohoo, my supervisor has no lectures anymore, so is pushing me to do a lot of work. Thus reinvigorating my love of science and confidence in myself/future etc. (I need this, I feel useless since I do nothing most of the time. No doubt I'll be going mad by august though)

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Ditto... Her new album comes out the end of this month. I don't care if it's ****e, I'll have it proper listened to by the time the concert comes around.

Another woohoo, my supervisor has no lectures anymore, so is pushing me to do a lot of work. Thus reinvigorating my love of science and confidence in myself/future etc. (I need this, I feel useless since I do nothing most of the time. No doubt I'll be going mad by august though)

I am going to remember that when you come back to the flat bitching about your supervisor!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Celine Dion is gay!? :eek:

* I went out and had a great night last night
    * Weekends are great

zuchum wrote: »
    Celine Dion is gay!? :eek:
    Your ignorance angers me. There is a rather large difference between being bi curious and being gay. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Your ignorance angers me. There is a rather large difference between being bi curious and being gay. Grrr.

One of those categories has the balls to do something about it?

Topic: A week from now I'll be through 4/6 of my exams and on the road to freedom. So close I can taste it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

66% of my degree is now in. How scary is that?

Advertisement