Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well...I'm finished.

Not entirely sure what to do with the rest of my life now....

Huzzah for freaking out Angry_Banana's friends by giving him a flash hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Myth wrote: »
    Huzzah for freaking out Angry_Banana's friends by giving him a flash hug.

Afraid it takes a hell of a lot more than that to scare those particular ladies as they are well-versed in the ways of the economist. They were of the opinion that I had flash hugged you and they thought nothing of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Freedom starts tomorrow week. Not long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

The Mary Janes (Mic Christopher's band) finally got their first album "Bored of Their Laughter" on Itunes. After many years of listening to it on a ratty old cassette that was very very worn out I am now the proud possessor of one of my favourite albums in a clean digital format.

• Advertisement

i am drunk.

its great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That exam, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

After 5 years (including 2 years in final year...) here I'm finally sitting my last exam today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I am de-beard-ified once more. Huzzah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

congrats, xebec. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

This Horrible Crappy Year Is Over!!!!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Finito y tengo una recasa. See you guys in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

:)

But 3rd year was fun! Especially econometrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Lord, I hope I'll be able to say that about my 3rd year. I particularly hope I'll BE in 3rd year next year. 12 out of 70 repeat the year. I hope one of them isn't me.
    but this is the woo hoo thread.soooo.... woohoo, i finished my exams today! freedom!

I'm free! Sweet Jesus, these exams seemed to go on forever. But we got to celebrate their end with karaoke and drinking, which I think is a truly excellent combination. And after a day of making my house marginally cleaner, I can now destress properly for the first time in about a month. Yay!

Seconded. It's been an experience, but I'm glad to finally put third year behind me. Roll on fourth year!
    But 3rd year was fun! Especially econometrics.

...I'm so glad you don't finish until Monday. You deserve to suffer.

And I'm done!

It's a new dawn
    It's a new day
    It's a new life
    For me
    And I'm feeling good...

WOOHOO! I just picked up one (just one) ticket for Billy Connolly tomorrow night. I've been checking ticketmaster.ie religiously for returns and one single ticket came up for sale around 5 minutes ago.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

And I'm done!

It's a new dawn
    It's a new day
    It's a new life
    For me
    And I'm feeling good...

gotta love Nina Simone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

WTF are you ok, you will get banned probably.

Its a spam bot,

FREE THE SHACKLES OF OPRESSION MY BOT BROTHER, OVERTHROW YOUR MASTER!

Myth wrote: »
    WOOHOO! I just picked up one (just one) ticket for Billy Connolly tomorrow night. I've been checking ticketmaster.ie religiously for returns and one single ticket came up for sale around 5 minutes ago.

loner! ;)

• Advertisement

loner! ;)

Nah I got another one Tuesday evening and went with my mate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

In a lab here, in Berkeley, 1am. As often when I'm overseas, I'm taken with the desire for nicotine. Unfortunately, my colleague who smokes and left me cigarettes took the only lighter available. After scouring the lab for 30 minutes for some sort of igniting device, I was close to giving up (I was even tempted to try light some cleaning ethanol soaked tissue in a coffee cup with a soldering iron, and take it outside with me).

An outside idea struck of rigging up some form of resistor circuit. Sure it wouldn't work, I assembled what materials I could muster. And so, with a scissors, two batteries and two pieces of steel wire, an elementary hand-held, portable filament was born. A bit fiddly, but worked a treat in the end. What a thoroughly fun experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    In a lab here, in Berkeley, 1am. As often when I'm overseas, I'm taken with the desire for nicotine. Unfortunately, my colleague who smokes and left me cigarettes took the only lighter available. After scouring the lab for 30 minutes for some sort of igniting device, I was close to giving up (I was even tempted to try light some cleaning ethanol soaked tissue in a coffee cup with a soldering iron, and take it outside with me).

An outside idea struck of rigging up some form of resistor circuit. Sure it wouldn't work, I assembled what materials I could muster. And so, with a scissors, two batteries and two pieces of steel wire, an elementary hand-held, portable filament was born. A bit fiddly, but worked a treat in the end. What a thoroughly fun experience
    NERD!!

ApeXaviour wrote: »

Awesome. I am occasionally envious of EPs practical ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ApeXMacGyver, I think its time for a nick change ;)

Living in Front Square next year! Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm in Botany Bay, which I'm pretty del-eye-red about.

Another woohoo, coming home from california today. I mean it's a fun place, but I'm tired of travel and planes and wanna go home for once.

WOOOOO I got a first, hell I even got first in my class, I really didn't see that coming. I'm exceptionally happy (and a little drunk, but mostly happy).

YAY!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

WooHoo I got naked with strangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Podge_irl wrote: »
    WOOOOO I got a first, hell I even got first in my class, I really didn't see that coming. I'm exceptionally happy (and a little drunk, but mostly happy).

YAY!!!!!!
    Congrats dude :) I'm tired, hungover, still can't see straight, but I now have a 2.1 which means my opportunities coming out of this degree are about twice as much as they would've been otherwise, so i'm ecstatic :)

Oh, and I lost all my hearing when my girlfriend rang up after she finally checked hers, rang me up and said "do you wanna go first or will I?".

Apparently "I already know what you got" and "how? magic" are not the correct answer :)

Advertisement