Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i found a great book on amputation in the library for my essay (only two of them for our whole year)!

the only time iv ever seen a stump i nearly fainted and now i v got to read up all about stump desensitization and re-shaping/ weight training for prosthesis....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

snorlax wrote:
    i found a great book on amputation in the library for my essay (only two of them for our whole year)!

the only time iv ever seen a stump i nearly fainted and now i v got to read up all about stump desensitization and re-shaping/ weight training for prosthesis....
    snor how do you have twice as many posts as me - you're only here half as long! Oh and for the love of God leave the amputation book out of it! Seriously I was standing in the kitchen early on today having my lunch and she comes in big smile on here face going "you'll never guess what - I just got a great book on amputation! And it talks about..." Needless to say the food did not go down well :p Although I must say those M&S liqrosh (sp) sweets were lovely - get more of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Some amputations are pretty gruesome but nothing compares to Paul Glacken's lecture in anatomy based on congenital defects of the nervous system and the face in babies. I still shudder at that. Really made me want to do some work in the field to fix things. And I did a bit of work. Not a lot but hopefully someone better than me can use it as a stepping stone.

Oh yeah, woo-hoo for the final album by Coil being released today, I can't wait for it to arrive. They are one of my favourite bands and have had a serious impact on me. I had the absolute joy of seeing them at their last ever gig last year in Dublin City Hall. It was absolutely life changing, not to be melodramatic but they really were. So powerful and emotional. Unfortunately their singer and driving force John Balance died three weeks after having fallen off the wagon and tumbled off his landing. The man was visionary, genius and a terribly nice guy. However instead of being sad that the world has lost a great artist I am happy that he has done so much for music, art and me. John, this slightly intoxicated rant is for you, wherever you are in space. Moon's milk spills from an unquiet skull.

31677091_c58193ffdf_o.jpg

balance3.jpg

balance.jpg

JohnBalance2004_08.jpg

blondie83 wrote:
    snor how do you have twice as many posts as me - you're only here half as long! Oh and for the love of God leave the amputation book out of it! Seriously I was standing in the kitchen early on today having my lunch and she comes in big smile on here face going "you'll never guess what - I just got a great book on amputation! And it talks about..." Needless to say the food did not go down well :p Although I must say those M&S liqrosh (sp) sweets were lovely - get more of them!

Blondie what are you even doing on the tcd forum?!

btw the cat jumped on the table and tried to eat those sweets so mom chucked most of them out....

that book on amputation on one of only two in the entire library, we'v no other specific books on it except for the general text books, so it's quite frankly a god send for my essay, id literally be hunted down if people knew i had it as the deadline is the 13thDecember!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Back from surf trip, twas great, random hyper-mad-drunkness..

We must name our concoction Neil!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

JaegerComfort?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Its my birthday for another 3 hours and 5 minutes

JaegerComfort?
    jarbforked
    Ja = from the jager
    rb = red bull
    fort = sort of like comfort
    ke = from coke
    Pronounced :
    Jarrr - Be - forked

?

...I need some sleep.

Please Note for the youngsters among us:
    Alcohol is bad, drinking(jugs n jugs) of this may cause you do do activities you might otherwise not engage in.

Also was i the only one who missed the lack of ultimate frizbee game @ the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Its my birthday for another 3 hours and 5 minutes
    Happy birthday :)

I must try that concoction. Sounds like rocket fuel

• Advertisement

tis, the sugar/booze rush is deadly...though once it runs out, +60mins n ye completely crash... i think neil went n found buckfast to sustain himself. I retired to a chillout house after....shesha(sp?) pipe...must get purple chewits tomorrow now.

o ye happy bday whereisthebeef

thanks guys.
    its actually not a great birthday. 19 is such an inbetween year. its like being 17 all over again, except you're actually aware of your own mortality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Man, my moustache tasted like Buckfast for ages after i went on my search.

Jarbforked is a great name :)

what are ye like lads! just get a bottle of Scientific Ethanol and mix it with some orange juice. Voila. All this feck-arsing around with beer and mixing loads of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

what are ye like lads! just get a bottle of Scientific Ethanol and mix it with some orange juice.
    Not to be a nit picker but isn't that pretty expensive cos it has to be distilled from benzene?

It'd be easier just to get the 96% alcohol distilled from water. Or maybe that's what you were referring to?

whatevers easiest. lets not argue over the logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

thanks guys.
    its actually not a great birthday. 19 is such an inbetween year. its like being 17 all over again, except you're actually aware of your own mortality.
    19 isn't so bad. You grow up a lot, and it's a bit harsh, but in hindsight it built character. I've got 6 days left of being 19, and I'm going to enjoy them in as much of a teenagerly fashion as possible.

Woohoo for ninja cats

4b-SurprisedCat.jpg

that's a really freaky picture!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

WOO HOO!! Got fairy lights that actually work!! now my room is all festive...yeah!:)

snorlax wrote:
    that's a really freaky picture!

I don't know whether I think it's school or scary.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

SFSOC HOODIES arraived today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

SFSOC HOODIES arraived today!
    now Joe has 2 jumpers he can wear on alternate days. He might smell about 50% less bad, if he washes one while he wears the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thought I lost my phone but I found it. Woo Hoo!

cmae 2nd in our mini fencing competiton today on the other hand i hurt my index finger and it won't stop shaking, feckd up a nerve or something...and iv got to write about 1,000 words on the pc tomorrow...! i may get a lecturer to make a wee splint for me or i could try and construct my own one..

Charlies. Cantonese Duck, fried rice. Spring roll on the side.

To wash down, half a litre of milk, and half a litre of ribena: blackcurrant & cranberry.

\o/

sounds yummy. i had chips, egg and a cadbury's twirl bar. go me.
    and some Water. water is good too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just home from Scout meeting, turns out i wont have to pay a lot! only flights, for our trip away!

• Advertisement

scouts rocks socks. i miss the old scout trips away, and the ramdomn beatings and the degrading abuse.

Advertisement