Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I met Kev last night.

And a host of other people, but meeting Kev was a personal ambition of mine, hence its mention as a woo-hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

And a host of other people, but meeting Kev was a personal ambition of mine, hence its mention as a woo-hoo.

Now bi you didn't 'meet' a host of people. Infact I think you 'met' only one person.

Me thinks the meeting of Kev may have to go into the rant/bitch/moan thread. Or else has to be chalked up to the fact that it was 3 in the morning and we were all drunk.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

today i discovered that i am a genius!

also sitting in your pj's wasting the day is great fun....

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now bi you didn't 'meet' a host of people. Infact I think you 'met' only one person.
    Shows what you know.

Hmm, considering my own best mate didn't realise I was joking, I would like to clarify that I am not a man-slut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hmm, considering my own best mate didn't realise I was joking, I would like to clarify that I am not a man-slut.

I was more concerned I'd done something that I'd forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Me thinks the meeting of Kev may have to go into the rant/bitch/moan thread. Or else has to be chalked up to the fact that it was 3 in the morning and we were all drunk.:rolleyes:
    Kev is one of the most interesting, entertaining and genuine [as in, if he's nice, he's actually being nice and not gritting his teeth whilst smiling] of all the TCD boardsies, so either you've never met him and are going on hearsay, or you've somehow lost that "independent thinking" ability that college supposedly fosters.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Remade my website and it is now standards compliant :)

Pet wrote: »
    Kev is one of the most interesting, entertaining and genuine [as in, if he's nice, he's actually being nice and not gritting his teeth whilst smiling] of all the TCD boardsies, so either you've never met him and are going on hearsay, or you've somehow lost that "independent thinking" ability that college supposedly fosters.

I like Kev. But in fairness he was pretty rude/offensive to Hils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

wtf? What did I do?

• Advertisement

He's right, wasn't funny. :o apologies to hilz your glasses are great. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote: »
    In a way, I'm kinda disappointed. I PM-ed awayindahils yesterday after he posted an eye-roll smiley at DeVore anticipating blood, guts and mayhem, or at least a brutally quick finish. Instead they let him flop around for another day before casually banning him forever. I feel...let down, somehow.

Linky?

See response to this.

He's only mean and offensive to you because you're pretty and attractive.

You're perception of what people are like is specific to you're own personal interaction with them. I would not describe Kev as you have, but I have not had the same interactions that you have had with him, nor you mine. So basically I call bull**** on the idea that just because someone doesn't share your view of a person, means their view isn't also valid.

Boston wrote: »
    He's only mean and offensive to you because you're pretty and attractive.

Awh thanks Boston! *mwah*

But anyway to more important wohoos (yes there is something greater than my attractiveness:D)

3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!! 3 in a row!!!

A shocking day for hurling but one hell of a day for Kilkenny!!!

You're perception of what people are like is specific to you're own personal interaction with them. I would not describe Kev as you have, but I have not had the same interactions that you have had with him, nor you mine. So basically I call bull**** on the idea that just because someone doesn't share your view of a person, means their view isn't also valid.

Your first and most incorrect assumption is bolded. [I'd like to think I'm a fairly good judge of character, and thusly, I don't rely solely on my own personal interaction to form an opinion of someone.] Kev hasn't exactly been a "nice person" to me, either, but being extremely blunt and calling people out when they say stupid things [though not considered "nice" in the traditional sense] is a valued trait, to me. Refreshing, even, in a college populated by Fake Niceypants.

And someone else's view of Kev is perfectly valid, if they're basing it on personal experience. So let's play reading comprehension; it's my favourite game!
    Pet wrote:
    so either you've never met him and are going on hearsay, or you've somehow lost that "independent thinking" ability that college supposedly fosters.

If Hils has indeed had repeated nasty interactions with Kev, then she's perfectly entitled to view him as an asshole. My post is questioning whether that has actually occurred, though.

Hehe, let's play make-believe \o/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I preferred the IBID username to be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I preferred the IBID username to be honest :)
    Angry banana was the best actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Pet wrote:
    Pet wrote:
    so either you've never met him and are going on hearsay, or you've somehow lost that "independent thinking" ability that college supposedly fosters.

If Hils has indeed had repeated nasty interactions with Kev, then she's perfectly entitled to view him as an asshole. My post is questioning whether that has actually occurred, though.

I'm gonna have to disagree on this one - your original post offers two choices, "never met him and acting on hearsay" or "lost your ability to think independently". Neither of those really accounts for "met him and had a bad experience". Not trying to join the great big Circle of Judgement (I think I may have talked to Kev once ever?) or anything, but you can see why your post came across sounding kinda "My way or no way at all", right?
    Boston wrote:
    shay_562 wrote:
    Linky?
    See response to this.

Ah, but of course - it had "CS" in the title so I didn't bother reading that thread at all. Good work on the early twat-spotting. (Best new hobby ever)
    I'm a self-important twat who hits people with doors!

You sure are, David. You sure are.

(I've gotta say, Angry Ibidthetic, I'm impressed at the depths of your dislike for the guy if this is how far you're willing to go. Kudos to you, sir. Kudos)

Alright, I didn't go into this because Kev pm'd me himself and it's over. Kev and I usually get on grand and for at least half the time I was talking to him on Friday night he was fine. And then some of it wasn't. I don't think he's an asshole, but he has tendencies towards being an asshat at times, but then he said himself that that is true of all men. So that's it. It wasn't a jokey hear-say thing.

And yes Ibid was a good name, but its no Angry banana.

Boston is that the same reason why you're mean and offensive to me? /me swoons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your first and most incorrect assumption is bolded. [I'd like to think I'm a fairly good judge of character, and thusly, I don't rely solely on my own personal interaction to form an opinion of someone.]

You're basically agreeing with me, but splitting hairs over how my point is phrased. Your perception of a person is based on your interactions with them, however you accept there may, and in fact there likely is, more to the person then you alone can perceive.

Why don't you read your own posts, you never put forward the possibility of Hils opinion being based on her own interactions with the guy. You where simply condescending and abrasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

It has not rained for THREE WHOLE DAYS!! I forgot how extra-happy sunlight makes me!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Randomness wrote: »
    It has not rained for THREE WHOLE DAYS!! I forgot how extra-happy sunlight makes me!

ah but the tail end of hurricane hannah still has to it us. Wednesday will change all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Indeed.

I saw the weather forecast, I suppose it was more of a short-term "woo-hoo" really.

Hehe, I'm remembering Tommy Tiernan's joke about the island of Ireland upping anchor and heading on a trip around the world.......I'd say the way were going with all this rain it'll soon be time to set sail.

"Mind the edges lads.....agh feck it, it's only Limerick!!" - Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Randomness wrote: »

Hehe, I'm remembering Tommy Tiernan's joke about the island of Ireland upping anchor and heading on a trip around the world.......I'd say the way were going with all this rain it'll soon be time to set sail.

"Mind the edges lads.....agh feck it, it's only Limerick!!" - Brilliant

Line up all the big men in galway and dublin and we'll just row the feck'r away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'm all 'woo-hoo' because even though i'm gone from Trinity, this thread lives on..... /wipes sentimental tear from eye.

cuckoo wrote: »
    I'm all 'woo-hoo' because even though i'm gone from Trinity, this thread lives on..... /wipes sentimental tear from eye.

Woo-hoo at re-appearance of Susan \o/

Yay cuckoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

/waves.

Long time no hear from.

• Advertisement

woohoo, cuckoo's [temporarily?] back!
    Why don't you read your own posts, you never put forward the possibility of Hils opinion being based on her own interactions with the guy. You where simply condescending and abrasive.
    I'm gonna have to disagree on this one - your original post offers two choices, "never met him and acting on hearsay" or "lost your ability to think independently". Neither of those really accounts for "met him and had a bad experience". Not trying to join the great big Circle of Judgement (I think I may have talked to Kev once ever?) or anything, but you can see why your post came across sounding kinda "My way or no way at all", right?

Ding, dong, the argument's dead and blown over by now, but for the record: I'd asked Kev at the time, and he said he didn't recall any clashes, hence the lack of the "met him and had a bad experience" option. I've encountered so many people from boards.ie/tcd who are swayed by others' bad accounts of the guy [especially Boston's rather vitriolic disliking of him], so I like to question it if/when [I think] it occurs. [But yes, my post could perhaps have been better-worded, too.]

Boston, honey, there's a lesson for you, here. Rather than thinking you're the barely-literate, witless imbecile you appear to be, I consistently give you second chances, and reassess my own judgements, because friends of mine have had [apparently] less-than-fruitless interactions with you in meatspace. The same applies to yourself and Kev.

Advertisement