Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hi cuckoo!

Pet wrote: »
    Ding, dong, the argument's dead and blown over by now, but for the record: I'd asked Kev at the time, and he said he didn't recall any clashes, hence the lack of the "met him and had a bad experience" option. I've encountered so many people from boards.ie/tcd who are swayed by others' bad accounts of the guy [especially Boston's rather vitriolic disliking of him], so I like to question it if/when [I think] it occurs. [But yes, my post could perhaps have been better-worded, too.]

You should always question someone else's view of a person, and only a fool would base their own opinions of a person purely on what they heard from others. That said, I really don't like the suggestion that I've swayed anyone opinion of kev. When directly asked I tell people what I think of him, I very seldom, if ever go into why I dislike him. I've neither enough time nor the interest to be running around putting Kev down. If people dislike him, it has sweet fa to do with me.
    Boston, honey, there's a lesson for you, here. Rather than thinking you're the barely-literate, witless imbecile you appear to be, I consistently give you second chances, and reassess my own judgements, because friends of mine have had [apparently] less-than-fruitless interactions with you in meatspace. The same applies to yourself and Kev.

There you go being condesing again, assuming that my dislike of Kev is based on interactions with him on this website. Christ, I've met literally hundreds of people off this site in the last 7 years, not one was anything like I imagined from their posting habits. As for " barely-literate, witless imbecile" you left out over weight :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Who the funk is Kev? Is he hot?

Baza210 wrote: »

See my post here for answer to that/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Boston wrote: »
    Them were the days. The bitching back then was second to none.

In fairness Kev has calmed down a fair bit recently. He's not nearly as a blunt as he once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

In fairness Kev has calmed down a fair bit recently. He's not nearly as a blunt as he once was.

On boards, yes he's reformed. In person, he is the same old loveable Kev.

Emm just read Bostons post. Right, Kev is someone who has had numerous alias' over the few years. He's an oldie a bit like Ronny...;) He is currently posting on TCD boards but I don't know if he's posted in the who's who.

• Advertisement

On boards, yes he's reformed. In person, he is the same old loveable Kev.

Emm just read Bostons post. Right, Kev is someone who has had numerous alias' over the few years. He's an oldie a bit like Ronny...;) He is currently posting on TCD boards but I don't know if he's posted in the who's who.
    Well, I've only ever had positive real life run-ins. I guess I mustn't ever deserve harshness because of my general all round greatness.

Well, I've only ever had positive real life run-ins. I guess I mustn't ever deserve harshness because of my general all round greatness.

Yes, it must be because of that.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Baza210 wrote: »

85339742a1092240340b770668170l.jpg

very.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I got offered a graduate job today! I have no intention of taking it, but it's still a nice ego boost. Now I just need to figure out how to turn it down in the least bridge-burny way possible...
    Boston wrote:

Whoa...you really have lost your rage lately. You should get that checked out or something...
    Boston wrote:
    Christ, I've met literally hundreds of people off this site in the last 7 years, not one was anything like I imagined from their posting habits.
    Well, I've only ever had positive real life run-ins.

I've taken to introducing myself to Real Life boardsies as "Hi! I'm Shay. I'm not actually a bastard." Clearly, I'm no Ronny. (but then, who is?) Best RL intro ever has to be Angry Ibidthetic Mcwilliams' "Oh, you're Shay? You're annoying." Bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

1) Paid my college fees today (which should really be a moan because I could definetly have found a better home for that €3000!!) Only freshers week to look foward to now!! Bring on the freebies!

2) Got a job to pay back said €3000!

3) Went jeans shopping today and didnt cry! Actually got a pair that fitted nice!! :eek:

• Advertisement

85339742a1092240340b770668170l.jpg

very.

It was the best prize ever. I still have some parts of it.

And shay well done, I mean you managed to spend the whole summer on the internets, develop a deep hate for the place, and still got a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm sorry I ever said anything.:(

shay_562 wrote: »
    Clearly, I'm no Ronny. (but then, who is?)

Oh you!

I remember when I met Ibid, there was hugging and dancing, where did it all go wrong? I blame b.ie curious, its always the quiet ones...

Anyway, for a woohoo, I've only 9 more days, eight more nights in this god forsaken place.

And shay well done, I mean you managed to spend the whole summer on the internets, develop a deep hate for the place, and still got a job.

:D It's a talent!

Edit: I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. (In other words, congrats on the modding, Awayindhils and PurpleFistMixer!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

congrats on the modding, Awayindhils and PurpleFistMixer!
    Didn't notice you two got promoted- congratulations, good choice bow.gif

Goin' to G-g-g-galway! Yay!

Goin' to G-g-g-galway! Yay!

See you there tomorrow!!

Oh and I'm getting the train, I am not doing hangovers two days in a row on two three hour bus jorneys.

Mini wohoo- I finally have made some yakka. First time I've finished it this summer.

Not only am I finished work for the weekend, I'm also home. Before 12.

Now that's sweet.

Myth wrote: »

Now that's sweet.
    Rub it in why don't ya?

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »

Now that's sweet.

God damn it, I wish I was an engineer...

My boss just went to the shop and brought us all back ice creams!!! :D:D

My boss just went to the shop and brought us all back ice creams!!!

My boss bought cake!!

And more curcially, only 4 days left after today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Im on a break, in a tiny Church up the Wicklow mountains. The stars look bloomin' amazing outside. I have hours to go yet until work finished at about 5ish but this is such a cool night.

Some sunrise out this morn'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Myself and my four best mates i'll be living with this year each chipped in €75 for a new TV for our house. Went up to Tesco last night and boughy a loverly 32" Mirai HDTV for €375, class!

I had worked like a **** and bought my PS3 aaages ago, never hooked it up to a HDTV before though. Dammmmn the difference is amazing! :D

It's my last day of work!! w00t!!!!!!!!

I can be just a student again.

Yay!!

Tonight is my last night in this god forsaken place.

Woohoo! Going to Italy in 7 hours time! 4 days of cheap wine and Ultimate Frisbee on a beach - possibly even with real sunshine! Now, if only I could find my passport...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Interview on Monday.

*Goes off to research for it*

Advertisement