Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

EduMyth wrote:
    Charlies. Cantonese Duck, fried rice. Spring roll on the side.

To wash down, half a litre of milk, and half a litre of ribena: blackcurrant & cranberry.

\o/
    As opposed to coming to the buttery, where pretty much all of the rest of exec ended up.
    Sap!

That was an hour later that I got food, so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

his sounds tastier anyway

EduMyth wrote:
    That was an hour later that I got food, so meh.
    Well I'm only messing really. I can see how you'd need a break from it, I went over to say hi and they were all still talking boring SU politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

finnaly finished my amputation essay, now for my social policy essay which iv got a week and a half to do!

am going out tonight for dinner too so it's all good :)...! i must now finish off making my chistmas cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

hee hee *giggle*

i was reading the UCD board and they have a poll asking 'which big4 are you signing a contract for' (kpmg, pwc, etc).

yeah, i know in a few years when i'm asking them in their suits 'grande?' ,or whatever stupid term will be in vogue for coffee sizes then, i'll be regretting the slightly slackerness i'm living in at the moment, but for now i'm glad our tcd board is a little bit more random ramblings. if i want to have the 'future - agh!' panic i have the Careers Advisory Service's site.

I picked up plenty of the 2006 Trinity Careers Service Guides which will be in my office, or downstairs in the front office of House 6 if anyone is wondering what to do after the big adventure. There's also some copies of gradireland. All the literature is available in east chapel anyways at the Careers Advisory Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

cuckoo wrote:
    i was reading the UCD board and they have a poll asking 'which big4 are you signing a contract for' (kpmg, pwc, etc).
    :confused: ..what?

Big4? kpmg? pwc? Are these tv shows? Coffee? Jobs? Sports?

When it comes to UCD: I'm confused over how 4,150 students attending there are apparently virgins whilst 82% of them have been tested for STDs.. -See page 3 of TN under The Numbers Game and Some Might Say respectively. Attributed to UCD College Tribune

There really must be some dumb-ass virgins in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yeah but some people think that if they take it up the ass, then they can still keep their virginity. Apparently it's big in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I wonder what the glory holes are like in UCD...

• Advertisement

I bet they have assgrooves. Vertical assgrooves.

(I went there!)

You went there? Why? It's full of UCD people!

And I like what you did there.

yay no lectures till 11.30 today! and had a brillant time last night!:)

Woohoo for not bothering to go to my lecture. Still have a lab at two though. Botheration.

Woohoo for missing a maths test and sleeping in again today. I'm such a great student, really.

In better news, that assignment I completed in one hour? I got 62%, not too shabby!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just one more Lecture till christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Two Weeks Untill My Incarceration In This Country Ends!!!!!

preparing for class dinner tomorrow night and then onto therapy soc night in Zanzibar (only about 150 girls going to take over the place!:)).

also got to give out some Christmas cards and make more progress on my finnal essay, anyone know stuff about social partnership?

met my learning disability group today for the first time and they we're great craic, had orange/ chocolate/ biscuits for us and everything..what a great way to spend college :)!

another random rant...does anyone here drink whiskey, if so what does it taste like out of curiosity?

snorlax wrote:

another random rant...does anyone here drink whiskey, if so what does it taste like out of curiosity?

whiskey, ah, indeed the water of life. each whiskey tastes different. if you're looking to drink it with a mixer (coke, white lemonade, soda water, ppl use all sorts of stuff) stick to the blends, eg Jamesons or Jack Daniels. Although, i think JD is technically a bourbon. In a mixer it tastes like a warmer drink that vodka would be in the same mixer, the whiskey gives it a smoother taste. Jameson's my drink of choice in a mixer, JD is my 'woo hoo' party drink.

without a mixer then we're entering the area of single malts - and a higher price tag. the Scottish ones have a unique 'peaty' taste, with varying degrees of intensity. some have an almost salty tinge - they're left to mature in warehouses near the sea. some also have an iodine-y taste, sounds yuck i know but is lovely. Jameson's do a 12 year thing, it's still a blend but it tastes better than the bog standard Jameson's. Cooley, a distillery in Co Louth, have a malt called Connemara that's got a yummy peatey taste. The oats (i think it's oats that are used..) are roasted over a peat fire before the fermenting stuff happens (this is the distilling science bit...paging Apexaviour as i know feck all about it).

if you want to try lots of different whiskeys the Celtic Whiskey Store on Dawson St (opp Mansion House) is great, they ussually have a couple of whiskeys on tasting and they sell little 'baby' bottles of lots of different brands so you can try them without buying a huge bottle. they also have tasting notes on their website:

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/

and my personal woo hoo for today - i have a bottle of the aforementioned Connemara in my cupboard and i'll have a glass to warm me up before going to bed tonight.

• Advertisement

snorlax wrote:
    A note regarding whiskey, Irish Mist is the drink of the gods, but a bottle will set you back a bit. Which is why last night I indulged myself in a good six glasses of the stuff with vouchers paid for by the Irish Department (I was really only entitled to one, but, well, y'know).

On a side note, I also took a full bottle of Paddy from my parent's drinks cabinet today. They don't drink and therefore won't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You're buying a ticket off me for tomorrow night aye Ronan?

Woohoo for neighbours with an unsecure wireless network!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Mmmm.... Christmas :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

got my x-mas bounses!

Everyone is Getting something from dunnes stores

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm sitting in the maths labs scaring Ian's students. its funny. i feel like death. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

fade wrote:
    Two Weeks Untill My Incarceration In This Country Ends!!!!!

Got about 11 days now. Somebody's possibly gonna die tonight as well. There be drinkin afoot in the belgian wing of the Trinity Territorial Army.

Edit: haven't started report, supervisor pressuring, brain melted. Damn.

I'm liking the new blog thingimy on boards. It allows me to pun more often then usual.

John2 wrote:
    I'm liking the new blog thingimy on boards. It allows me to pun more often then usual.

and pun painfully at that :D

• Advertisement

It's a punishing habit

Advertisement