Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Lol. Did yer man with the emails get elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'd be creeped out but it is boards.

Out of interest are you sure it was me? I was in my room or in the GMB from about 5 onwards.
    This was about 2pm. I would've posted instantly, obviously, but my phone is out of credit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston wrote: »
    Lol. Did yer man with the emails get elected?
    Wasnt even running for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Baza210 wrote: »
    This was about 2pm. I would've posted instantly, obviously, but my phone is out of credit.

Ah that makes a lot more sense. I was going out of my mind trying to find a working printer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

My tomato plant, which I was sure had been killed by the recent heavy showers, has proven to be surprisingly resilient. It looks like I'm gonna get at least three more tomatoes before she kicks the bucket.

• Advertisement

I don't know how to verify that, and even if I did I probably would need the mouse to change the settings anyway..

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg doesn't do anything towards fixing it either. I've tried replacing my xorg.conf with older, backed up versions of it, but it doesn't work because the input and output devices are just specified as "Configured x", ie "Configured monitor". But the monitor isn't configured, and since it's a weird res/dimension there's no option for it in the Configure section I get in the Low Graphics Mode popup..

Your problem just happened to me there. Got stuck in a 600 x 580 screen there. Even though the prop drivers were enabled which was really weird.

I had to reconfigure dkpg, then reconfigure x, the re-enable the drivers. Then the most important bit (enable compiz!)

If you are still having problems try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Left a massive textbook on the bus. Raging with myself over it :mad: There's no sign so far at the garage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Left a massive textbook on the bus. Raging with myself over it :mad: There's no sign so far at the garage.

Wrong thread.. This is the anti moan thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Wrong thread.. This is the anti moan thread :P

My rage is blinding me to minor details like this.

Your problem just happened to me there. Got stuck in a 600 x 580 screen there. Even though the prop drivers were enabled which was really weird.

I had to reconfigure dkpg, then reconfigure x, the re-enable the drivers. Then the most important bit (enable compiz!)

If you are still having problems try that.

Did your touchpad cease to function too?

• Advertisement

Yep.

perhaps a mod could split these threads off?

C'mon, fixing my laptop is pretty anti-moany ;)

So anyways, how does one reconfigure dpkg when it's dpkg that you use to reconfigure things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

dpkg-reconfigure dpkg

dpkg --configure -a

think it was something to do with the latest upgrade. The mouse would move but I couldn't click anything.

Ok, I may try that tomorrow. Thanks.

--

Bought the "sudo make me a sandwich" xkcd tshirt a few hours ago, along with a front suspension fork for my scooter. Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Ballymaloe relish comes ina squeezy bottle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thats to make it easier for the kids ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Yay found working wifi at the desk in my room.

Now if only that meant I would work a bit more...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I had the most awesomest day evAr yesterday and I don't even have a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Bought the "sudo make me a sandwich" xkcd tshirt
    :jealous:

karlr42@baza:~$ sudo buy-me-one

• Advertisement

It wasn't that expensive actually, if you can cd /€ && wget 25 you're in there. Including shipping.

It wasn't that expensive actually, if you can cd /€ && wget 25 you're in there. Including shipping.
    Or even better.. get a gf that gets web comics printed on tshirts for your birthday :)

my birthday isn't until August..

my birthday isn't until August..
    As is mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I had the most awesomest day evAr yesterday and I don't even have a hangover.
    My name is b.ie curious and I approved this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Or even better.. get a gf that gets web comics printed on tshirts for your birthday :)

Or print transfers and make them youself....... :P

mathew wrote: »
    Or print transfers and make them youself....... :P
    Suush.. or ill report you to HP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

It was Canon.. :P and they gave them to me.. I just never used them for work cause I had no white tshirts.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Or even better.. get a gf that gets web comics printed on tshirts for your birthday
    Excellent plan- to a point. This point:
    get a gf
    Ok, I'll just... oh wait, what does it say there on my student card- "computer science student"? Ah. Back to the drawing board, so!

• Advertisement

karlr42 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll just... oh wait, what does it say there on my student card- "computer science student"? Ah. Back to the drawing board, so!
    In fairness it doesnt say anywhere that you are a CS student on your student card..

If you are stuck for a course to tell them, tell them a cool course like tr032 :P

Advertisement