Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

My card last year had the course on it :confused:

I prefer to tell them I'm a student of luuurve, baby, and that they can be my teacher.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

karlr42 wrote: »
    My card last year had the course on it :confused:

I prefer to tell them I'm a student of luuurve, baby, and that they can be my teacher.
    A few tips :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Telling a girl that you do Comp Sci isn't the instant runner you think it will be.

Snivelling and taking out a laptop while in the club might be though.

Or maybe its just after my year all the good looking women disappeared :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I met my girlfriend at a Maths competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Why not just lie to girls and tell them you study BESS (or something similarly easy to bluff your way through, and large enough that you can safely say "No" to the "Oh, do you know ____?" question) - by the time they find out the truth, they'll be so overcome by your Manly Charms and Charisma that they won't care any more. Unles you don't have Manly Charms and Charisma, in which case I fear that doing computer science may be the least of your worries...

Or, Solution #47: Cease Dating Women. I hear they have cooties anyway.
    Baza210 wrote:

Oh good God, I used that YouTube link far too early. (In all reality, though, I jest, and would actually kinda love to date someone who loved xkcd and maths. I'd overlook a lot of flaws for a healthily nerdy sense of humour)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    What chat up line did you use?

"I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves."

"i'll take you to the limit as x approaches infinity."

"I wish i was your problem set, because then i'd be really hard, and you'd be doing me on the desk."

"Integrate this?"

"Solve these problems while I **** your skull"

... i'll go now.

I'm going to stop talking about my girlfriend now. Not because I don't like to, but because I'm so much more than talking about her and Red Bull Cola. So much more.

She does read xkcd, but doesn't get that many of them.

And she made the first move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

jmccrohan wrote:
    "I wish i was your problem set, because then i'd be really hard, and you'd be doing me on the desk."

I'd honestly never heard that before (though Google assures me it's pretty common), but it is truly awesome - thank you for bringing it to my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Economists do it continuously and discretely. With models.

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote: »
    I'd honestly never heard that before (though Google assures me it's pretty common), but it is truly awesome - thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    Some more for your reading.

Woohoo! I've just bought tickets to go see Finch play in England. I finally get to see them play. And thank you, Michael O'Leary and a de-regulated European aviation market, for providing me with my flights for €20.

l_db3167f2435d681ebe2078460bdacea9.jpg

I saw Radiohead in Manchester, so nyah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I object to the above picture of Finch. It fails to portray the beautiness of Nate.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I saw Radiohead in Manchester, so nyah.
    In a place that looks like this?

outside_470x352.jpg
    I object to the above picture of Finch. It fails to portray the beautiness of Nate.

l_57df332c9db389995c15c5627064b2e6.jpg

old-trafford-cricket.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The girl with the glasses is clearly staring right at his crotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I saw today, for the first time in a long time, the side of proper student politics.

I saw today something that could and should lead to an end to the crippling apathy.

I'm vaguely disappointed that after 3 out of my 4 years in college spent trying to see student politics like that....it happens after I finish ;)

• Advertisement

Meh.

I saw today, for the first time in a long time, the side of proper student politics.

I saw today something that could and should lead to an end to the crippling apathy.

And I saw you on the news :)

And we're back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

What was it? I missed it!

.......on a side note, today was a productive day for me, I finally calculated the distance between Earth and Hell: http://theresaryan.wordpress.com/2008/10/23/art-science-and-religion-do-mix/

One slight error in your calculation - it says it would arrive on the tenth day after 9 day and nights, therefore instead of 24x10 it should be 24x9.0000000000000000000....00001 and 24x9.5, to symbolise the fact that it arrives during the day period on the 10th.

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I thought the most glaringly obvious one was the assumption that acceleration due to gravity is constant, but then again, I am more attracted to numbers than actually reading the text.

Mmm I thought that, but have done practically zero physics over the years so couldnt definitively say for certain :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Obviously I made the gravity constant- I doubt an anvil would fall through space, after all- but just for the sake of it I used the old 9.8 m/s standby...

As for the nine days and nine nights and arriving on the tenth day.... it could have arrived very late in the tenth day? :p That's my excuse, but yours would be just as correct. Anything between 9 and 10 is fair game really, but I used 10 because a) It was easier and I'm lazy and b) Exaggeration is always good.

And now we know that Hell is around Uranus. Or Heaven, depending on which side of the world you live.

Well surely it would only be between 9 and 9.5, seeing as it makes distinctions between night and day? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

paperclip wrote: »
    Obviously I made the gravity constant- I doubt an anvil would fall through space, after all- but just for the sake of it I used the old 9.8 m/s standby...
    If an anvil wanted to get to Uranus it'd have to fall through space, you know... : p But this is just being pedantic, I believe in neither hell nor anvils.

Advertisement