Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I know. :) But what I meant to say is that we're assuming that the anvil is falling over such a large distance anyway (including outer space) that in order to assume it gets to the earth at all (or leaves the earth's orbit), then we're just going to have to bend the laws of physics, lol.

GF:....you're right, dammit. It SHOULD be between 9 and 9.5. But I'm tired and I'm not in the mood for more calculating right now, so the anvil stays where it is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Monday is a Bank Holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Webcam ftw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Webcam ftw.
    Webcam with who?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The webcam on my laptop has face tracking. Mad stuff. You can even give yourself a top hat if you so desire. >.> My videocommunications have never been so classy.

Also: we're gaining an hour on Sunday afaik. Hurray! (Also means my boyfriend gets a 25 hour birthday. Lucky bastard.)

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Webcam with who?

Whom, old bean ; )

My boyfriend, obviously.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Whom, old bean ; )

My boyfriend, obviously.
    That is grand then.. I was resisting the urge to continue the running joke about your gf.

What girlfriend? Don't believe I've ever mentioned having one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You showed me a photo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The webcam on my laptop has face tracking. Mad stuff. You can even give yourself a top hat if you so desire. >.> My videocommunications have never been so classy.

Also: we're gaining an hour on Sunday afaik. Hurray! (Also means my boyfriend gets a 25 hour birthday. Lucky bastard.)

and for people working that night, have to work an extra hour :(

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    You showed me a photo.

That was.. erm.. some primal instinct is warning me against "yore ma"..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Baza210 wrote:
    That was.. erm.. some primal instinct is warning me against "yore ma"..

I dunno. It's kinda fun to taunt Boston. Remember, it's only the internet - he can't hurt you. (Until he tracks you down in real life, seeing as how he knows what you look like. Then you're screwed.)

Topic: Woohoo! I'm using the interweb from my living room after days of fruitless attempts to connect to the wireless network! For the first time in 4 years, I'm grateful to ISS and their technological abilities. (though I should note that defiantshrimp seems underwhelmed by my abject joy)

Edit:
    Bonus woohoo (cause I'm just that cheerful this morning) - I'm still kinda drunk, but the Lifeline tablets I took seem to have killed any of the bad physical effects of the burgeoning hangover, and among my solid memories of last night is singing a rousing chorus of "Evelyone's a Rittle Bit Lacist" at 3AM while eating home-made chocolate mousse. Life is kinda awesome sometimes.

Oh I got my 22-yo classic Yonex Carbonex 8 badminton racquet back from its restringing. I also managed to get on the 11AM Cork train despite my best attempts to miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I greatly enjoyed Waiting for Godot.
    Have read entire Hannibal series today, thus convincing myself I am cold blooded doctor with a piercing intellect, well no not really but still....
    Have a three day weekend to watch DVD's, go to the gym and read.

Life is pretty sweet right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Currently addicted to watching 30 rock. oh yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

This is a bit delayed but yay for toasted sandwiches at 3 in the morning, and eve more yay for days off from the library!! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

This is a bit delayed but yay for toasted sandwiches at 3 in the morning, and eve more yay for days off from the library!! Yay!
    Your jumper ok?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I overslept this morning, but then realised that the hour has changed - so I got an extra hour of sleep and wasn't delayed! If that's not a WOOHOO, I don't know what is!!

Your jumper ok?

I only had a quick look at it. It was dumped in the shower immediately after getting back to campus.

I thought it was you who had been sick on it, though this was cleared up after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I thought it was you who had been sick on it, though this was cleared up after a while.

I heard a rumor it was kev, and by heard I mean started...

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    I heard a rumor it was kev, and by heard I mean started...

lol.

I didn't know that people actually got sick on random items of clothing in pubs. It's all very eww.

Woohoo! A load of clothes I had long thought lost/stolen by my brother/fallen into the mysterious vortex at the back of my washing machine turned up, and are now sitting in my wardrobe all clean and such! It's like getting loads of new clothes, but much, much cheaper!

Also, my roommate went on a cleaning buzz today and my flat is now spotless. In time, this will become a guilt-based "moan", but for now it's a definite "yay!".

shay_562 wrote: »
    Woohoo! I encountered Baza210 today, he was on his way to badminton!
    Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

asset_1594_hl.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

going to W5 in Belfast for the craic tomorrow..
    I feel like such a kid... :D

Baza210 wrote:
    Woohoo, I encountered shay_562 today, he was on his way to frisbee training!

I almost feel like we need a "boards stalking" thread for the random boardsies people see or think they see around TCD.

mathew wrote: »
    Woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

mathew wrote: »
    I bought a really cheap Crooke's radiometer there. My mother knocked it over drawing the curtains, and it was one of the few times in my later life I've ever felt like crying. The moral of this story is that I sometimes become over-attached to things that don't really matter.

europerson wrote: »
    I bought a really cheap Crooke's radiometer there. My mother knocked it over drawing the curtains, and it was one of the few times in my later life I've ever felt like crying. The moral of this story is that I sometimes become over-attached to things that don't really matter.
    Score. I'm buying one tomorrow.

EDIT: it is now past 12. later on today.

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote: »
    I almost feel like we need a "boards stalking" thread for the random boardsies people see or think they see around TCD.
    I thought you were on your way home from it..

Anyway, today's woohoo is definitely Sailing for the first time in 2 years. It was sweet. Jmcc, do you know Tom Moran?

Advertisement