Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I appear to be going out as a person wearing a wetsuit..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Does that work? I've sometimes tried to accidentally connect through the TCD proxy when using mobile broadband, just by forgetting to change the settings in Firefox, and the web just doesn't work. I don't get any authentication dialog.

It is a different proxy. Meant to be for use for accessing college only pages from outside.. I use it for getting another irish ip address. I used it to watch the all ireland on rte.ie in france ;)

I hope you use switch proxy for firefox?

Erm, I just change the proxy manually. Is that not awesome?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

In a totally pointless wohoo- and one which will completely ignore all the the last two pages or so of posts (it all looks a bit mental to me- especially the girlfriend thing) it's now my month!!! yay!!!

Your.. month..?

• Advertisement

Your.. month..?

I've been talking about turning 21 for the guts of the last 3 years, and I never celebrated any of the other big birthdays (16,18 and the next one is 30 or 40) so I'm a bit excited. (Have to wait till the end of the month though)

Also I love the weather around this time of year. When i's all crisp and cold.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I've been talking about turning 21 for the guts of the last 3 years, and I never celebrated any of the other big birthdays (16,18 and the next one is 30 or 40) so I'm a bit excited.
    You are in 4th year and still only 20?

Man i feel old..

jmccrohan wrote: »
    You are in 4th year and still only 20?

Yep, but I did skip TY. And I know a load of people who are turning 21 this month and are in 4th year. It's not that uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Woohoo #1 - no hangover!

Woohoo #2 - can #7 last night was stolen off of some UCD dickhead dressed as a badminton player, who I reversed logiced into admitting he stole my cans!

How does one dress as a badminton player? Yonex clothing?

• Advertisement

He had his whites, a headband and a racket.

You can never tell with the UCD Dublin folk...

Students generally come with a racket included.

Anyyyyyywaaaaaaaay, could any cool person from The Hist give me some info about the USA! Elexxions Slumber Partay?

Anyyyyyywaaaaaaaay, could any cool person from The Hist give me some info about the USA! Elexxions Slumber Partay?

You needed to have your email sent in by Friday evening afaik. The final list had to be sent to the Junior Dean for the weekend I think.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

it's now my month!!! yay!!!

You're like Jack Daniels, using a whole month as your birthday!

Fishie wrote: »
    You're like Jack Daniels, using a whole month as your birthday!

Lol. I think it goes back to being a kid when November was my month and December was my sisters. Anyway know far too many people who have birthdays this month to claim it just for my own.:rolleyes:

September-October-November and February-March-April are full of feckin birthdays.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm installing Red Alert 3 :D

I don't think the Hist ever emailed me.. or maybe I trashed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Woohoo: Had a great weekend in Cork and my new phone is working a dream.

Woohoo: Had a great weekend in Cork and my new phone is working a dream.
    Did you finally buy the e66?

• Advertisement

e71 in the end. It's fab. It's everything the e66 had minus the acceleromter plus a fabulous keyboard.

e71 in the end. It's fab. It's everything the e66 had minus the acceleromter plus a fabulous keyboard.

Do you not find the buttons tiny?

Do you not find the buttons tiny?
    Yes initially, but it's quick enough to get used to. Won't be writing essays or anything with it, that's what my Eee is for, but texting really isn't a problem.

Battery life is unreal, GPS has come in handy loads of times already. Just can't wait 'til my data add-on activates on Sunday when I can use it to its full potential.

Yes initially, but it's quick enough to get used to. Won't be writing essays or anything with it, that's what my Eee is for, but texting really isn't a problem.

Battery life is unreal, GPS has come in handy loads of times already. Just can't wait 'til my data add-on activates on Sunday when I can use it to its full potential.
    Gave in and moved to bill pay? :)

Gave in and moved to bill pay? :)
    Yep. It's gonna be dangerous, but I figured why the hell not. Now all my calls are free.

Yep. It's gonna be dangerous, but I figured why the hell not. Now all my calls are free.

Texts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

All of my freshers made it back alive. I'm very happy. And also tired. But the good kind of tired. Yay!

Also, love the randomness I've been catching up on for the last few minutes. Baza, you are wonderfully unique. Never change. Sorry about the elections thing though - if you haven't received any e-mails at all get onto admin (at) thehist.com and see if you're definitely on the mailing list. If it was just this one, it probably ended up getting spammed; happens quite a bit with society e-mails unfortunately.

Shay- what actually happened was I just got sick of having loads of society emails in my inbox and trashed the lot of them, then found out about the Elections thing on Friday night when it was already too late, then found the email in my junk mail on Sunday. Gah.

Texts too?
    only 60 a month. But there are ways and means (as you're quite aware) to extend that to about 260 a month free of charge. Or text bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

diablo 2 is actually fun.

Advertisement