Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Just realised Red Alert 1 is available for free legally!

In the library downloading the soviet and allies isos at a speed of about 1700kbps :)

Its less then 20 quid for the Command and Conquer DVD in Game.

Serious value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh. For. ****'s. Sake.

JS NS is KICKING MY ARSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hey, could be worse. You could have no comprehension of Limits.

Is this something I should be worrying about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

quite probably....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Baza210 wrote: »
    Hey, could be worse. You could have no comprehension of Limits.

Is this something I should be worrying about?

0_o recognise limits.

Ah I will eventually. Whenever I cba to read that. And do some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Come to some Analysis lectures. Limits all OVER the place. They're actually pretty handy.

We've been doing Limits for the last two weeks in Calculus. Problem is, the lecturer seems to expect us to understand how to use them just by him writing down the definitions. No examples, no worked through questions.. It's certainly due to laziness on my part too, I'm not trying to avoid blame. I'm just saying that his method of teaching and my method of learning aren't really compatible, and while I'm conscious of the fact that it's me that has to change, I really can't be bothered right now.

Thomas calculus. Get it, go through it. Learn that this is the way you will spend the next four years.

• Advertisement

I've bought a book already, but it's down in Cork.
    Also, these not-going-to-the-first-few-lectures mornings really need to stop.

_____

Woo, 99c daily web browsing, useful when I've just downloaded the 250kb New Gmail Mobile which supports hosted accounts, ie @tcd.ie ones.

London on Friday!! Whoo!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Woo, 99c daily web browsing, useful when I've just downloaded the 250kb New Gmail Mobile which supports hosted accounts, ie @tcd.ie ones.
    The old one did too, only you had two separate apps, one for hosted, one for gmail.

Rarely use it anyway. Just use the built in email client in the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Just realised Red Alert 1 is available for free legally!

In the library downloading the soviet and allies isos at a speed of about 1700kbps :)
    what a neard...

what a neard...

Hello blinkey.

I'm guessing you didn't like my comment so you decided to view my recent posts and try to slag me with one of them.

In which case, you failed.

Do TCD people go and troll the UCD forum too? Just wondering, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Do TCD people go and troll the UCD forum too? Just wondering, like.

I'm doing a postgrad in UCD, mostly to troll it in real life.

I've just come up with an exciting new equation.

TouchscrEeen + Windows XP's Rotate Display Function + Lying on side in bed = GOOD.

I wonder does OS X have the same function.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

What a day...

I still haven't been to bed. Watching history in the making is an amazing feeling. Amazing...

I'm sure there are lots of vomit inducing things I could write. There are lots of ludicrous moments that I can recollect from the whole thing. But I think watching my American friend in tears is the thing that truely sums it all up for me. I think I finally believe in the chance to change, even if it took me a while

And the GMB was great craic. Being a Histee was bound to pay off eventually.

I totally missed this earlier but this was 5,000th post in this thread. And what an apt wohoo it is!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Obama won, thank jesus. I turned my laptop on this morning with great trepidation of what I may discover on my news feeds, and was greatly relieved.

• Advertisement

Obama won, thank jesus. I turned my laptop on this morning with great trepidation of what I may discover on my news feeds, and was greatly relieved.

who is obama and what did he win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Boston wrote: »

I dunno. Jenga?

That doesn't seem so important. I tell yea, the women on this forum have their priorities all mixed up. There's a recession don't yea know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Indeed. Excitable creatures alright!

A recession too? Bugger. I'm goin back into the bunker till this all blows over.

That doesn't seem so important. I tell yea, the women on this forum have their priorities all mixed up. There's a recession don't yea know.

:rolleyes:

There are few enough of us. We feel it's important to get excited about thing things that will broaden your perspective on the world. It's ok, you can thank us later.

Unlikely, I'm a man, I never say thank you or sorry!

Unlikely, I'm a man, I never say thank you or sorry!

I'm still to young to give up all hope of that changing.

Just in case you get confused.

2414486240_9e60d392ed_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I get the ole' degree thing tomorrow....

• Advertisement

I get the ole' degree thing tomorrow....

Congrats.... enjoy the day :D

Advertisement