Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Sorry to hear about your dog b.ie.

On the other hand, yes, my CS flat mate had an XP install disc, yes I fixed XP, and yes I'm running Leopard at 640x480 on my 1000H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Baza210 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your dog b.ie.
    b.ie wrote:
    My dog didn't die today

She's alive and kicking. Which is why I mention it in the happy thread. No need to be sorry. The only thing hurt is the family christmas fund.

Yeah I know that it didn't die but I sort of surmised that it wasn't very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Away with that kind of negativity.

Aye, it's weighing down the boards server. What's with all the downtime lately? It must be driving CuLT insane..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Can't say I even noticed any downtime.

Woo-hoo for today is that I was getting my usual hot chocolate in Insomnia today and the guy asked me if I wanted marshmallows, and I did indeed, and it was amazing.
    I subsequently missed my bus, but it was definitely worth it.
    Also physics scholarships = possible chance of 1500 euro JUST for being a girl (and getting an A1 in physics but that's beside the point). Not sure if I should be seething about the discrimination of it, or happy about the possibility of free money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Can't say I even noticed any downtime.

Woo-hoo for today is that I was getting my usual hot chocolate in Insomnia today and the guy asked me if I wanted marshmallows, and I did indeed, and it was amazing.
    I subsequently missed my bus, but it was definitely worth it.
    Also physics scholarships = possible chance of 1500 euro JUST for being a girl (and getting an A1 in physics but that's beside the point). Not sure if I should be seething about the discrimination of it, or happy about the possibility of free money.

wtf, I got an A1 in physics, wheres my prize.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston wrote: »
    wtf, I got an A1 in physics, wheres my prize.

And mine..

http://www.tcd.ie/Physics/news/Scholarships_Bursaries/IoPBursaries.php

Hm, I probably shouldn't tell people about this, but I don't think there are too many other girls who are in first year studying physics on this board, so I might be okay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

http://www.tcd.ie/Physics/news/Scholarships_Bursaries/IoPBursaries.php

Hm, I probably shouldn't tell people about this, but I don't think there are too many other girls who are in first year studying physics on this board, so I might be okay.

One of my friends got it last year.

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    One of my friends got it last year.
    How many points did he/she get? (That seems to be the only requirement, unless it was one of the TAP/Mature/Female(lol) ones)

How many points did he/she get? (That seems to be the only requirement, unless it was one of the TAP/Mature/Female(lol) ones)
    Can't remember. Nearly sure she got an A1 in Maths/Chem/Physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Woo: Went to a fantastic gig tonight. Can't mention which one due to legal difficulties, but it was legendary. A great payoff to a lifetime of fandom.

Hoo: My dog didn't die today. I'm going to be a terrible father. I spent the whole day chewing my finger nails while she was in the vets. I worried myself sick. The flip side is a whopping 400 squid in vet bills, but its totally worth it.

I think we were at the same gig. It was indeed amazing.

I got an A1 in .. stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Hearing the word "yes" is a fantastic feeling, even when you have to ask for it to be repeated, because you nearly didn't believe the first time you heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote: »
    Hearing the word "yes" is a fantastic feeling, even when you have to ask for it to be repeated, because you nearly didn't believe the first time you heard it.

Ok that's totally not enough information...

Like totally :L

Do I know how to write essays on Irish monasteries?
    Yes
    Pardon?
    Yes

Like totally :L

Like OMG. A like joke, about a D4 girl, who does BESS? I mean that's like so totally original. You're, like, OMG, so smart and like funny. Do you have a like-girlfriend*?

*Also known as a facebook profile that you take to the supermarket.

You're from D4?

And it was a webcam, not facebook.

You're from D4?

We all have our burdens to bare/the past that we desperately bury.

• Advertisement

Well everyone on the Internet is American anyway.

We all have our burdens to bare/the past that we desperately bury.
    Admitting is the first step.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Admitting is the first step.

Cheers. Tis good to know that I am on the road to recovery. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

damn girls getting all the good prizes

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

damn girls getting all the good prizes. i got my letter about entrance exhibitions today and apparently all i get is "a chance to get a picture taken with the provost." and the book tokens of course.

Peleus wrote: »
    damn girls getting all the good prizes

It's ok. I promise that within 5 years of entering the workforce, you will be earning more than the girl who entered at the same point, to the same level job with the same level of education/degree.

Let us have all our small windfalls now.

Didja get your book vouchers for the Entrance Scholarship? Mine arrived at home yesterday.. pretty sweet, I'd completely forgotten about them. Pity you can't use them to buy food or clothes though, I've got enough damn text books [3].

Lol, ninja'd by editing.

Unninja'd by double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

It's ok. I promise that within 5 years of entering the workforce, you will be earning more than the girl who entered at the same point, to the same level job with the same level of education/degree.

Let us have all our small windfalls now.

To be fair, it's kinda that girl's own fault for assuming she'd be capable of working in a real job to the same intellectual capacity as a man. Everyone knows the only reason we let women into college is so that the smarter women can breed with the smarter men; it's a sort of amateur eugenics project designed to continue the suppression of the proletariat. The scholarships offered to women are to help them get their Mrs., not their B.Sc. - the €1500 is intended to buy dresses and pretty shoes, to make the smart women more physically appealing. Surely they explain all of this in the college calendar?

shay_562 wrote: »
    To be fair, it's kinda that girl's own fault for assuming she'd be capable of working in a real job to the same intellectual capacity as a man. Everyone knows the only reason we let women into college is so that the smarter women can breed with the smarter men; it's a sort of amateur eugenics project designed to continue the suppression of the proletariat.

I suppose you're aware that's the second time in less than a week that the education I have received has been described as a eugenics project.

Ah well, I shall just have to stick it social engineering and go find pretty, tall and dim from a far away sunny country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Didja get your book vouchers for the Entrance Scholarship? Mine arrived at home yesterday.. pretty sweet, I'd completely forgotten about them. Pity you can't use them to buy food or clothes though, I've got enough damn text books [3].

Lol, ninja'd by editing.

Unninja'd by double post.

Redeem the voucher you got in hoges figgis. They dont expire like the piece of paper does. And you can use the vouchers in waterstones and HMV too.

Advertisement