Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Woo looks like the second 1Gbps connection will be online on thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Peslo's complete incapacity to understand the concept of being banned from a forum amuses me so. Combined with this schadenfreude, though, is the joy that he's gone forever. I love a good win-win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Yay! The fire drill today meant I got to explore the Provost's Garden, as the fire exit came out there and trapped us! *Why* does he have a trampoline? Now I'll forever have a mental image of Professor John Hegarty jumping up and down on a trampoline in his academic robes....

Yay! The fire drill today meant I got to explore the Provost's Garden, as the fire exit came out there and trapped us! *Why* does he have a trampoline? Now I'll forever have a mental image of Professor John Hegarty jumping up and down on a trampoline in his academic robes....

He has two (I think) sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Woo, I made it to the last Luas. Beers was great, again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Myth wrote: »
    He has two (I think) sons.

I actually did know that, but much prefer the idea of the Provost using it himself. It made me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yup!

shay_562 wrote: »
    Peslo's complete incapacity to understand the concept of being banned from a forum amuses me so. Combined with this schadenfreude, though, is the joy that he's gone forever. I love a good win-win situation.
    Na, I'll always be here. I mean, it's not like I'm hiding who i am or anything...

Beers was quite good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yup! wrote: »
    Na, I'll always be here. I mean, it's not like I'm hiding who i am or anything...

Beers was quite good!

You sat in a corner and spent the time gazing into the back of my head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Boards in work you say?

This job is great. UCD students are hot, and they gave me a walkie talkie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boards in work you say?

This job is great. UCD students are hot, and they gave me a walkie talkie.
    Is that so you can talk to robo library cop?

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Is that so you can talk to robo library cop?
    Thankfully he doesn't do the Saturday shift. Once in a life time is enough to be working with that guy.

I'm yet to decide whether I'm going to be a hard-ass or a soft touch. There is a lot of scope to be a complete b'stard in this job.

jmccrohan == Peslob&lol.

Baza210 wrote: »
    jmccrohan == Peslob&lol.
    Hey.. That was only for europerson :)

Whose photos have not yet appeared..

I have photos of peslo. It was easy to track him down once he started spelling Crumlin correctly.

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was,
    to match them all is my real test,
    to play them is my cause..
    Badminton! Gotta smash 'em all! Badminton!

Boston wrote: »
    I have photos of peslo. It was easy to track him down once he started spelling Crumlin correctly.
    Fella with long hair?

long hair, goofy expression.

Thats him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 some_girl

Woohoo I just joined boards after, hmm..four years of lurking :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

some_girl wrote: »
    Woohoo I just joined boards after, hmm..four years of lurking :p.

Welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JusticeForPeslo

Boston wrote: »
    *Applause*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 some_girl

mathew wrote: »
    Welcome :D

Thanksies!

I got some sleep last night. Not a lot, but some. I thank vegetarianism and pulverising my poor supple body at the gym.

I've had a few very busy but quite good days in work this week.

Free huawei e180 hspa modem and €50 credit from meteor. :)

I am filthy stinking rich! Or, when looked at from another point of view, I am slightly less in debt than I was yesterday. Either way, I am one happy bunny.

:)

Slept like a baby last night. Woot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

The library finally put the books I've been waiting for on the shelves, and I managed to snag the only copy of one of them. I'm at home getting properly fed. I finally have something vaguely medicine-y on my damn mouth ulcers. And I have the prospect of a good night's sleep ahead of me. Life is looking slightly less bleak.

Also, I absolutely love Saved!. "There's only one reason Christian girls come down to the Planned Parenthood." "She's planting a pipe bomb?" "...Okay, two reasons."

Oh, and since I forgot to post it on Tuesday - woohoo for free Wispas! Even if the "box" turned out to be three Wispas in a bag.

Advertisement