Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I thank vegetarianism
    You're not doing that cr@p are you? Especially if you're going to the gym it's damn important to keep ye olde protein supply up. If you've not been sleeping well lately, it could be as a result of magnesium deficiency (most people these days are deficient). Supplementing that before bed works an absolute treat for sleep...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

shay_562 wrote: »
    Oh, and since I forgot to post it on Tuesday - woohoo for free Wispas! Even if the "box" turned out to be three Wispas in a bag.
    Cá bhfuil sin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

jmccrohan wrote:
    Cá bhfuil sin?

I have a little trouble understanding your peasant tongue, but I'm assuming you're inquiring about the origins of the Wispas, so look halfway down this page. Stoopid T:FM...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Woo: presentation today did not go disastrously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    You're not doing that cr@p are you? Especially if you're going to the gym it's damn important to keep ye olde protein supply up. If you've not been sleeping well lately, it could be as a result of magnesium deficiency (most people these days are deficient). Supplementing that before bed works an absolute treat for sleep...
    Twas only for monday after a weekend of carniverous over-indulgence. You needn't worry about me ever going down that route again.

I'm still only getting 2-4 hours a night. This has been going on since last saturday, but I don't feel tired in the slightest. And I'm more alert than I have been in a while.

Is there a good way of getting magnesium without taking supplements? I'm a bit of hippy/foodie when it comes to taking pills containing stuff that i could have otherwise gotten in delicious meal form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

shay_562 wrote: »
    so look halfway down this page. Stoopid T:FM...

What? I like the new website. And finally there's info on the different shows. And a cool slidey thing on the front-page.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What? I like the new website. And finally there's info on the different shows. And a cool slidey thing on the front-page.
    Oh.. Looks like they got rid of the sourceforge clone :)

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Oh.. Looks like they got rid of the sourceforge clone :)

Yeah, it was way too orange before. I like it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i woke up and found 20 quid in my jeans, right before i threw em into the bin ( wreaked beyond repair/cleaning )

Maybe me Wohoo anyways... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Read back over my last few posts. T:FM promised me a box of Wispas. T:FM delivered three Wispas wrapped in a plastic bag. The three of us who were searching and our three-person command centre (i.e., the ones relaying the clues to us as we pegged it around the Berkeley) thus earned half a Wispa each for our endeavours. On the other hand, free Wispas, so it still ranked as a Woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Woo-hoo: my painting got 5 stars in the cggallery (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=133&t=698087) and another one is going to appear in the next issue of ImagineFX!!

(celebrating tonight with a nice bottle of vin)

again: Woohoo!

Well done, Ms. Clip!

I'd like to see more of your stuff if you have any time to post it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Thank you. :) I have some more in my portfolio (I think I posted it here somewhere before, but in case you don't want to go digging around, tis here: http://paperclip.cgsociety.org/gallery

paperclip wrote: »
    Thank you. :) I have some more in my portfolio (I think I posted it here somewhere before, but in case you don't want to go digging around, tis here: http://paperclip.cgsociety.org/gallery
    Thanks again. Had a good gawk, and it looks like you've got some real good stuff.

Woohoo the first: I got nine hours sleep last night, thus ending a week spent wide awake. Wonder what could have done the trick in the end....

Woohoo number two: My family got a new PC. Everything is working so fast. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Wohoo: Sigur Ros amazingness in London!!!!

Soooooooo good!!!! And the venue was insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Happy.

Also head is ever so slightly spiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

paperclip wrote: »
    Woo-hoo: my painting got 5 stars in the cggallery (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=133&t=698087) and another one is going to appear in the next issue of ImagineFX!!

(celebrating tonight with a nice bottle of vin)

again: Woohoo!

you are very talented!

woohoo art

Just spent about 3 hours transferring stuff from the old PC to the shiny new one, most of which was spent moving music. I do really have some utter manure on my iTunes. Like, when would I ever want to listen to the best of Spandau Ballet? Still, woohoo for having music again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

New badminton racquet, new badminton shoes, improving badminton skill, disappearance of mysterious foot pain.

Ye-ah.

Kicked ASS at the gym. Now I'm super pumped. I think I'll go out and start on somebody.

• Advertisement

Wow. Nearly two hours gymming? Is that good? And sorry i was in a rush and didn't stay to talk longer. Next time i promise insomnia or lunch.

I have internet :D

Picture_1_3.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Baza210 wrote: »

Picture_1_3.png

Ewww. Look: a Macintosh user.

Picture_1_3.png
    Kudos.

But it is still a **** os. :P

Why were you looking for mac book air stuff earlier?

Cantab. wrote: »
    Ewww. Look: a Macintosh user.

Ha. Because Macs are commonly sold with 1024 x 600 screens, right?

Jmcc- Cuz OS X doesn't work with the Eee's LAN card.

Ahhh.. Makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Ha. Because Macs are commonly sold with 1024 x 600 screens, right?

Hope you didnt pay too much for it!
    Auto hiding the dock increases the screen space a lot...

I didn't buy the Ethernet thing in the end, the internet access I have on OS X is through my 3G modem.
    Yeah I probably should hide the dock really, I never use it.. I've gotten too used to launching everything from Spotlight. [Or I should get Quicksilver]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

For all you non gays, btw, google launchy. best XP/Vista app ever. provides a spotlight like function.

• Advertisement

launchy.png

Advertisement