Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

/me arrives back to the Big Smoke.
    /me opens 7up which has been opened previously but left on the table for the past week.
    /me notices a carbonic eruption about to take place.
    /me closes the cap just before it goes everywhere.

Oh yes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just about to finish my last night untill the 6th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I have had what can only be described as a massively odd 3 weeks, a microcosim of a very odd, at times very very long and disappointing year.

But I am here and right now I am happy, and I have new years plans despite my best efforts not to make any!!

Happy 2009 to you all, and hopefully see you all at a boards beers in the near future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Woohoo, brand new Macbook Pro! It's fantastic. Once you go Mac, you never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pet wrote: »
    Woohoo, brand new Macbook Pro! It's fantastic. Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Couldnt be more true!

That said I've had mine for a few months and I'm still learning stuff about it (doesnt seem to enjoy coffee :p), the transition was fairly easy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Today, for me is a New Day.

I'm going to get up reasonably early. I'm going to put on a different CD this morning (I've recently been listening to Finch's Insomniatic Meat almost non-stop), use a different shampoo to usual, pick a book (something fictional) rather than something economicsy for my daily reading, find something new for breakfast, wear a different manfume, not wear my favourite jeans, head off to town, investigate some stuff. Then the fun begins. I'll get a bus to Belfast, on my own, with my strange new book, and I'm going to listen to new music (in my case Dinosaur Jr's Where You Been which, in the spirit of New Day, is not quite "familiar music that you already know you'll like"). I'm going to get lunch in Belfast and eat something that I ideally can't pronounce. I'm going to shop and splurge on CDs and jeans and jumpers and shoes with this exchange rate. I'll get a coffee-type I've never had before, like a macchiato or something. Come about sundown I'll get back on my bus and head south again, and maybe occupy myself with something new that I've discovered in Belfast - who knows? Then I'll head home to the bed I'm currently in.

This is a woo-hoo/anti-moan because despite all of these things being very simple and quite inexpensive, I'm still extremely fortunate to be in a position just to do this by myself, and this sort of good fortune is under-appreciated by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What an interesting idea. Belfast had a delicious market there before Christmas, with loads of continental food. It's a shame it's no longer there. : p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Saw the Heggo-bot purchasing provisions in Dunnes Stores, which is just weirdly awesome for some reason that I can't verbalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It's.. it's you!
    I have forgotten the connection between your username and your real name several times since you explained it to me, but currently I know your name.. never tried it though..

My real surname is Sherry. During 4th year, some substitute teacher misheard when I was referred to as "Sherry" and thought my name was "Shay", leading to much hilarity (or as much hilarity as bored 16-year-olds ever have). About a week later, while I was still being called "Shay", I had to set up a hotmail account for a computer class and picked it as my username. Hotmail randomly added "562" for the hell of it. Thus, it's my interweb username (for the most part).

It's always the same with internet people though; with just about everyone I know from boards (yourself included) the internet name comes to my mind first, and there's a second's delay before the real one kicks in.

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote: »
    My real surname is Sherry.

Me and europerson know who you are!

Not least because we spent a good half an hour dancing with you tonight.

"Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this rape is on fire!"

Me and europerson is (we are a single unit) a little drinkened. We went to Birmingham today and we, like, totally, went to a match that the magic Aston Villa, like, totally, won. THERE'S ONLY ONE SCOTT CARSON! ONE SCOTT CARSON!

Then we got home, beaganín pished, after staring at The Beautiful Girl for about two hours (yes, Mr. B.ie, she was there! And she talked to us and gave us a thumbs up and served us food and Mr. europerson speaks of "the high correlation between her and me." She really is mo'fucking hot. We kinda went to Birmingham just to gawk at her. The Shakespeare Inn off Broad St. for the mo'fucking win), and we went to Doyle's of College Street. There we danced. It took all of about five minutes for our sexy manoevours (I'll leave that as it is) to attract the attention of the lovely Claire, who I was interested in but too good a friend to leave poor Mr. europerson alone after all of about five minutes. After all, the man did buy CDs and headphones today. <3. And we drank an awful lot, £2 pints from The Beautiful Girl FTmo'fuckingW.

And we drank and we were merry and moral of the story: we met shay_666 and he was merry and we agreed to not be rude and put up with his attempts at dancing with us for a while, where a while = n. = until Doyle's closes.

I had a great day. G'WAN THE VILLA.

The End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I shoulda gone out wif you guys. There was no point staying home as I didn't get any sleep (in a very non-'whe he he' way). Stupid storms/friends in Australia who care not for time zone differences.

And we drank and we were merry and moral of the story: we met shay_666 and he was merry and we agreed to not be rude and put up with his attempts at dancing with us for a while, where a while = n. = until Doyle's closes.

That's one interpretation. Another is that you physically held me in placed and dry-humped me while screaming "THIS RAPE IS ON FIRE!". Of course, all things are subjective. :)
    b.ie wrote:
    I shoulda gone out wif you guys.

Yep, probably should have, if for no other reason that that would have made 5 TCD boardsies on the dance floor of Doyles at once. (I'm including Andrew, who had the good sense to talk to an attractive girl instead of getting ridden by two economists)

Went to see David O'Doherty last night. :D

It was the first comedy gig I had been to, since not being on comedy. I had forgotten that comedy was enjoyable when you don't run around like a headless chicken for 45 minutes before the show starts. :)

Maeve Higgens just not funny though. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I shoulda gone out wif you guys. There was no point staying home as I didn't get any sleep (in a very non-'whe he he' way). Stupid storms/friends in Australia who care not for time zone differences.
    shay_562 wrote: »
    That's one interpretation. Another is that you physically held me in placed and dry-humped me while screaming "THIS RAPE IS ON FIRE!". Of course, all things are subjective. :)

Yep, probably should have, if for no other reason that that would have made 5 TCD boardsies on the dance floor of Doyles at once. (I'm including Andrew, who had the good sense to talk to an attractive girl instead of getting ridden by two economists)

awh, could have had a mini board's beer.
    Maeve Higgens just not funny though. :rolleyes:

Women seldom make good comedians.

I did very well in my Microeconomics exam and this pleases me :)

And what, they have no woo-hoo thread on the UCD forum? We need to be hearing none of your tretcherous MA talk.

Ehm, well done.

lol

I haven't had a mid college week hangover in ages. yay for being a student!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Saw the Heggo-bot

Does that name bode badly for someone with a very similar name who hopes to go to Trinity?

• Advertisement

Heggy wrote:
    Does that name bode badly for someone with a very similar name who hopes to go to Trinity?

Depends, really. Do you have a robot clone of yourself that you use for public appearances? Or a cardboard cut-out? Have you given extensive thought to Laser Physics: The Physics of Lasers? What are your thoughts on Distinctive Black Doors?

My iPhone was acting funny and I thought I might have broken it. But now it is all fixed. Perhaps this period of destroying everything I touch is finally over and I can move on with my life and mourn for those I've lost over the past week. Xbox, Nintendo DS, ye shall live on in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I had a fantastic, exhausting weekend.

Quesadillas ftw.

Quadruple woot: I'm at the end of an exhausting weekend of competition-organising, but it all went really well and, crucially, I'm free! I just spent a really lovely evening with whiskey, biscuits and a room full of funny people. I like the smiley stage of things, before complications and messiness really sink in. I plan on waiting a few more minutes for my rice to digest before sleeping for a very, very long time. These four things are combining to put me in a very cheerful mood.

Amazing how much 60secs in the microwave improves a Mullerice.

Woohoo: Baza is writting in English again.

Aish, I fergets an umlaut.

Found my passport!!!!! Yay!!!

yay!!!

yay!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    Quesadillas ftw.

I had a kaysadeeya for lunch. It was delicious.

Advertisement