Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Yup. And even then they thought it was all a joke. The look on their faces when their student cards were taken away and fine placed on them was worth all the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Boston wrote: »

Not really sure why that's a woot.

Bless yer heart ronny.

Not really sure why that's a woot.
    Someone shot themself upside the head while trying to teach others how to kill. Society is the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

That's sooo yesterday!

I LOL'd when I heard it on the news.
    Someone shot themself upside the head while trying to teach others how to kill. Society is the winner.

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

As Ronny said yesterday, Darwin award should be a cert for this guy.

As Ronny said yesterday, Darwin award should be a cert for this guy.
    It still doesn't mean it's a woot. I mean it's tragic.

Every life is a precious flower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

It still doesn't mean it's a woot. I mean it's tragic.

Only for him and the people who knew and loved him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

stereo.png

Stereoscopy, f**k year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    stereo.png

Stereoscopy, f**k year.
    I cant find wally.

In all seriousness though, whats the difference?

EDIT: Just googled stereowhatcamacallit and still couldn't get it to work.

Look in between the two images, and let your eyes slide out of focus so that the two halves come together. They should superimpose and become one pseudo 3d image. It's pretty neat if you get it to work.

Its basic concept is to mimic the vision you get from your two eyes. I held my phone up infront of my left eye, took a photo, and then, without moving my head, took a photo from in front of my right eye.

Make sense?

That's a pretty effeminate looking bag there, I think you need elocution lessons

I can only assume you're talking about the bag, which is my girlfriend's. The call for elocution lessons is surely self-referencing :P

Woohoo!! Trinity bendix got my bag from the boat. Thanks buddy.

Oh yeah, and also...... BOAT!! :)

That was fun.

Boat indeed. Unfortunately I lost my scarf. Boo.

Hooray badminton matches. Oh, wait, I'm rubbish.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524479
    LenovoUser wrote:
    I wish to appeal against being banned for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I am pleasant to everybody and I have broken no rule whatsoever. Indeed I took a lot of abuse with equanimity, and have always been polite and mannerly to everybody . I may not be wanted, of course. Thanking You,

LenovoUser

then...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524491

and...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524508

Keepin' on topic: Woo-hoo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Wooooo

I keep changing my NIC with my 133t haxor skillz

I wonder will this guy reform and become a nice guy like you peslo? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Originally Posted by LenovoUser
    I wish to appeal against being banned for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I am pleasant to everybody and I have broken no rule whatsoever. Indeed I took a lot of abuse with equanimity, and have always been polite and mannerly to everybody . I may not be wanted, of course. Thanking You,

LenovoUser

To be fair, it's not a million miles from the truth, is it? I mean, you guys do seem to pick on him, even harangue him at length, and he does take a lot of it in his stride...whatever about finding him pretentious or even obnoxious, you don't really need to keep at him do you? Perhaps you've heard of the phrase "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

and once said person takes the advice you've put across, you might be right alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

To be fair, it's not a million miles from the truth, is it? I mean, you guys do seem to pick on him, even harangue him at length, and he does take a lot of it in his stride...whatever about finding him pretentious or even obnoxious, you don't really need to keep at him do you? Perhaps you've heard of the phrase "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

I'm sorry, but if you're gonna be as much of a bell-end as he was, you deserve the abuse.

It would appear he was banned for re-registering.... and he was banned by DeVore, so..... go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Fad wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but if you're gonna be as much of a bell-end as he was, you deserve the abuse.
    You finding him annoying is not a legitimate reason to abuse him.

For the first time possibly ever, I agree with ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI. He has got almost constant harassment on this forum from people who should know better (if you have been on the internet for more than thirty seconds you should realise not to rise to another's baiting, be it intentional or not). I don't care how weird you think he is, (and this applies to Cantab as well), responding to almost every post he makes with something that is entirely unrelated to the topic and which has no purpose but to slag him off or abuse him in some way does nothing at all constructive for this forum. If you want to bicker pointlessly with someone you've never met, probably never will, and who is not going to change their behaviour because of some stranger's words on the internet, then take it to the Thunderdome.

Ahem. Now then, he's been banned permanently, we know the reason, can we put this to bed?

You finding him annoying is not a legitimate reason to abuse him.

For the first time possibly ever, I agree with ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI. He has got almost constant harassment on this forum from people who should know better (if you have been on the internet for more than thirty seconds you should realise not to rise to another's baiting, be it intentional or not). I don't care how weird you think he is, (and this applies to Cantab as well), responding to almost every post he makes with something that is entirely unrelated to the topic and which has no purpose but to slag him off or abuse him in some way does nothing at all constructive for this forum. If you want to bicker pointlessly with someone you've never met, probably never will, and who is not going to change their behaviour because of some stranger's words on the internet, then take it to the Thunderdome.

Ahem. Now then, he's been banned permanently, we know the reason, can we put this to bed?

You're the moderator, stop acting like your powerless. You let LenovoUser post the drivel he posted and never stopped him. He derailed every single thread he posted in to such a level a site owner had to step in, that's ridiculous. Do the job or step down.

Your moding is the internet equivalent of standing in a corner clapping your hands saying "can't we all just get along".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You're the moderator, stop acting like your powerless. You let LenovoUser post the drivel he posted and never stopped him. He derailed every single thread he posted in to such a level a site owner had to step in, that's ridiculous. Do the job or step down.

Your moding is the internet equivalent of standing in a corner clapping your hands saying "can't we all just get along".
    I am not a heavy-handed mod, nor do I wish to be. Moderating requires finding a balance which is specific to each forum (problems on the LC board are minimal to none), and I perhaps have not found this equilibrium for the TCD board yet, so I shall continue to seek it for as long as I remain here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Personally, I think in general pfm has been overly heavy-handed in moderating this forum in general, there are plenty of examples of threads in TCD where she's put the foot down. I don't think that's an accusation you can reasonably level against her. OK, a lot of people might disagree with me on what heavy-handed means, however if we took the baseline as being the existing level of moderatorship, I don't think you could conclude that she is being "less heavy-handed" than that.

I don't think LenovoUser derailed any threads, or if he did, it was equally the fault of the people who continuously baited him. You belittle him by saying he posted "drivel", just because he has a different opinion to yours, it's childish. He's middle-aged, he's bound to seem different to the rest of you, even arrogant, obnoxious, elitist, so what? He's also probably going to react aggressively or indignantly to things the rest of us will shrug off. Whose fault is that? His of course, but as more level-headed users of this forum shouldn't you take that into account before you vocally or snidely take issue with everything he says? Of course you don't have to, you have a right not to, even within the constraints of boards.ie rules, but still, don't you think you ought to be a little nicer?

I am not a heavy-handed mod, nor do I wish to be. Moderating requires finding a balance which is specific to each forum (problems on the LC board are minimal to none), and I perhaps have not found this equilibrium for the TCD board yet, so I shall continue to seek it for as long as I remain here.

You're unwilling to follow up any of the comments you make with action. Even when you do step into a thread you seem almost embarrassed to do so. As if you're kinda hedging encase someone gives out to you for asserting yourself. You appear overly concerned with the thought people might see you as heavy handed or hold you responsible for a bad call. You'll go into threads and tell people to get back on topic, but its like "I think maybe you guys might possibly want to get back on topic, maybe, but if not that's totally cool as well, peace". Oh and its not just you, hills is exactly the same.

ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI: Welcome to the real world, here people tend not to make allowances for others being muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

We won frisbee IVs again! Four years in a row! And crucially, the second team won matches this year! Two of them! YAY!!!

Oh, and Boston, if you don't like how the mods are modding, take it to PM or the Feedback boards. Bitching them out in public because you think they lack authority helps that problem how exactly...?

Advertisement