Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Woo-hoo, spent the weekend canvassing for a friend from Trinity running in the locals and didn't die.

I still think I was definitely right not to join a political party, but very impressed by the reaction for Shane on the ground. Seems that some people in Lucan are at least willing to consider a new candidate for FF as long as that person can show they're willing to fight for new ideas.

Best reaction I've seen a Trinity graduate get in a long time :)

General plea:
    If you're from Lucan and Shane (or more importantly me) calls at your door, can you please at least not slam the door in our faces? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think Séin is possibly the only FF candidate I'd consider voting for for a long time. And with no dis-respect to him, I still wouldn't :pac:

My sister lives in Lucan; I shall have a word.

That's all I ask. :)

I feel bad that so many people will not even consider him, ask her to at least talk to him before she sets the hounds loose. Given the party he chose to run for I'm not surprised that people aren't interested, but elections are about choosing the best candidate available, I worry that people aren't even willing to consider voting for him despite him being a young first time candidate. I have no problem with people who decide to hate him, but all I ask is they at least take the time to make the decision :)

On a more interesting note, when is the next SER event? I'm off work this weekend and have become reacquainted with drunken evenings. The SER launch or debate would be fun if on a suitable evening.

Are its glorious alum still invited? :pac: If we are, I do believe I owe you a drink.

John O'Hagan always spoke of a 30th anniversary meet-up, but I reckon a 25th would be better.

The beautiful website (I must say well done to whichever Production Manager oversaw that job...) states that it is due out on April 20th. See you then?

20th? Will have to see with work... though in these recessionary times maybe I won't have to worry about work by then.

Should be fun anyway, will try and be there if I can. No bother about the drink provided, we can start on fresh rounds this time. Hopefully see you then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote: »
    Oh, and Boston, if you don't like how the mods are modding, take it to PM or the Feedback boards. Bitching them out in public because you think they lack authority helps that problem how exactly...?

~The irony / I'm massively off topic, and your back seat modding, someone should do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Boston wrote: »
    ~The irony / I'm massively off topic, and your back seat modding, someone should do something.

Its the wohoo thread, there is no topic as such. All I can assume is that evaluating PFM and I makes you happy in some way.

And a fair few of you have done some backseat modding from time to time.

Anyway to get back on topic: w00p my dissertation supervisor was super nice today.

I like to sit in judgement of others. It makes up for my horribly in-bittered life :(

Anyway, Woot, I think I found my research topic. (17 months into a PhD)

Woohoo for being a student again (come May).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Dónal wrote: »
    MAI?

• Advertisement

Jasus. You doing a PhD?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    MAI?

Nah an open university course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Nah an open university course.
    I envy you.

On politics: Im thinking of getting back in the game. I don't know if it's because Im horrified at how the country is being run, or because a good friend is running, or because Ive been watching a stupid amount of Westwing, but I think I'd like to go canvassing this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

This has made my day so far.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

This has made my day so far.

I think you have just made mine as well! I am currently in silent hysterics in the library :D

And another woo-hoo; The Pirate Party (new society) is now official!

Get out!

Get out!
    ;_;
    Why?

;_;
    Why?
    *sigh*

Not 'get out!' as in 'I never want to see your face round hear again'.

More, 'get out!' as in 'OMG!! Tahts so tote amaze! Pirates rule! I wish I were a pirate!'

To which the correct response would be 'get in!'

I'd then say 'no way!'

Then you'd say 'way!'

Then we'd jump up and down with excitment.

The Economist and europerson do it, like, all the freakin' time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

how awkward:pac:

• Advertisement

The Economist and europerson do it, like, all the freakin' time.

No way!

No way!
    Tote unbelieve way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The only reason there is no parallel ninjasoc is that there is much less training involved in being a pirate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    The only reason there is no parallel ninjasoc is that there is much less training involved in being a pirate.
    And also the fact that ninjas by their nature don't need a society. They are far too stealthy to have scheduled meetings etc.

When it comes to the pirates, will there be grog and rum available at events, and will they be distributing illegal software and DRM free music?

And also the fact that ninjas by their nature don't need a society. They are far too stealthy to have scheduled meetings etc.

When it comes to the pirates, will there be grog and rum available at events, and will they be distributing illegal software and DRM free music?
    Someone suggested creating a ninjasoc for the sole purpose of having Pirate Ninja battles on front square... possibly in the form of dance-offs.

I don't know what the regulations about alcohol at events are yet, but I sincerely hope there shall be such. And... well, not illegal software exactly. Free software perhaps. >.>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I got accepted onto the Masters course that I have been pining after ever since I discovered its existence last summer. I cannot believe I actually got in! Words cannot describe my happiness!

:D:D:D LONDON HERE I COME!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Are the people who signed the thing (petition?) for it to be set up automatically members? Or.... not?

And The Pirate Party, as a name, sounds very..... untoward.....

Are the people who signed the thing (petition?) for it to be set up automatically members? Or.... not?

And The Pirate Party, as a name, sounds very..... untoward.....
    Nope. That was just a petition thing, not membership...

And, well, we deliberated over the name, but are happy with it as it is. I don't really see a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Who are "we" exactly? I'm not bitching - it just made me cringe when I read the name. Maybe it's just me.

• Advertisement

Who are "we" exactly? I'm not bitching - it just made me cringe when I read the name. Maybe it's just me.
    Me and the other people who founded the society. : p

It's basically modelled off this party; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party and they seem to use the name without too many problems. We've had some people saying nobody will take the society seriously with a name like that, but, well, we'll see what happens.

Advertisement