Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Fishie wrote: »
    I got accepted onto the Masters course that I have been pining after ever since I discovered its existence last summer. I cannot believe I actually got in! Words cannot describe my happiness!

:D:D:D LONDON HERE I COME!! :D:D:D

YAY!!!!!!!

i'm so pelased for you!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Me and the other people who founded the society. : p

It's basically modelled off this party; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party and they seem to use the name without too many problems. We've had some people saying nobody will take the society seriously with a name like that, but, well, we'll see what happens.

But they are The Pirate Party, i.e. a politcal party of 'pirates'. Wouldn't your soc be The Pirate Party society? Sounds like a society for partyin' pirates! Could be why some people are saying nobody will take the society seriously, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

But they are The Pirate Party, i.e. a politcal party of 'pirates'. Wouldn't your soc be The Pirate Party society? Sounds like a society for partyin' pirates! Could be why some people are saying nobody will take the society seriously, you know?
    Well, the name of the society is "Dublin University Pirate Party", so not really. I think most people would realise it's party in the political/group sense of the word, as opposed to the session sense of the word. I think people would be disinclined to take it seriously because of the word "Pirate" in the name. Pirates and politics don't tend to be seen to mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

There's already an Irish on-line Rights/ Privacy group. Groups like "The Pirate party" will simply undermine the good work these people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Trinity campus looks really good on a sunny day in Spring. Anyone else been admiring this over the last few days or am I just sad? :o

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    There's already an Irish on-line Rights/ Privacy group. Groups like "The Pirate party" will simply undermine the good work these people do.
    Does it have a society in college?

Also, the Pirate Party haven't held a single event so far this year, so it's somewhat ridiculous, particularly coupled with the fact that you know little to nothing about them, to say that they're undermining anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

The weather, until this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

For someone who is involved in a pirate society, you're surprisingly uptight.

For someone who is involved in a pirate society, you're surprisingly uptight.
    No, I just have very little patience for Boston. : p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

No, I just have very little patience for Boston. : p

I have actually noticed that lately he never fails to have a dig at you....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Fad wrote: »
    I have actually noticed that lately he never fails to have a dig at you....
    I find that people are awful lot more courteous to you around here when they know you in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Does it have a society in college?

Also, the Pirate Party haven't held a single event so far this year, so it's somewhat ridiculous, particularly coupled with the fact that you know little to nothing about them, to say that they're undermining anything.

You linked to the Swedish pirate party and said it was based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I find that people are awful lot more courteous to you around here when they know you in real life.

Shut up Jon.

PS - Nikon, teehee.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Shut up Jon.

PS - Nikon, teehee.
    You big uncharitable bastard.

The "plug your rubbish society" thread is that way ↑

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woohoo! Got accepted to my back-up masters, conditional on a 2.1 degree - it's not my first choice, but at least now I know for sure that I'll still be in TCD next year. YAY!!

Free film!!

I got Taufik Hidayat to a) watch a video I compiled, and b) listen to Radiohead. Awesome.

w00p!!! CSC Ball!!!

And double w00p for www.trinityfm.com winning website of the year!!! (well joint website of the year)

For drunk Ape and myself see facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

For drunk Ape and myself see facebook.

And me!!

• Advertisement

And me!!

And Ronny and a couple of other TCD boardsies.

PFM did I see you there?

And Ronny and a couple of other TCD boardsies.

PFM did I see you there?
    Aye, I was there. Hopefully there aren't photos of me being a state, though. : p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

The CSC ball is evil -_- I did have fun for the parts of it I remember, but I've spent the whole day feeling like utter crap. Bleh.

shay_562 wrote: »
    The CSC ball is evil -_- I did have fun for the parts of it I remember, but I've spent the whole day feeling like utter crap. Bleh.

From what I heard, you did a mean impression of me from last year. Bundled into a taxi and all. :)

w00p!! Dissertation draft of sorts in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Daisy chaaaaains!

Technology rocks, man. Internet sharing is great. Tried screen sharing my laptop with an EE iMac earlier, that was very impressive too.

My woo hoo is that Ive decided I definitly want to go to TCD :)

Baza210 wrote: »
    Technology rocks, man. Internet sharing is great. Tried screen sharing my laptop with an EE iMac earlier, that was very impressive too.
    VNC?
    My woo hoo is that Ive decided I definitly want to go to TCD :)
    To study what?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    To study what?

Most likely science.

That or Modern Irish + some other TSM subject (English Lit or Philosophy, I dunno, the subject you can combine with MI arent great)

• Advertisement

Most likely science.

That or Modern Irish + some other TSM subject (English Lit or Philosophy, I dunno, the subject you can combine with MI arent great)
    Very different choices there...

Advertisement