Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Very different choices there...

They really are, which can be kinda frustrating!

I'll more than likely end up in science, but I love Irish (I'll most likely just end up taking the extra classes that are apparently available and join the Cumann)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Fad wrote: »
    join the Cumann

Yes you will. Regardless.

EDIT: I'll be in France, so I won't physically make you.

obl wrote: »
    Yes you will. Regardless.

EDIT: I'll be in France, so I won't physically make you.

No I will, I really want to keep Irish up in some form.

Also apparently its great craic (Did I just use that word.............)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

They really are, which can be kinda frustrating!

I'll more than likely end up in science, but I love Irish (I'll most likely just end up taking the extra classes that are apparently available and join the Cumann)
    Ahaha, you sound like me a year ago. Admittedly I do the extra classes every week (well, just the 1-hour ones, not the evening classes, didn't get in >.<), but I joined the Cumann, went once, and never went back. I Keep saying "god need to go to cumann gaelach things ever" and then don't do it... Anyway, good luck. ;p

Ahaha, you sound like me a year ago. Admittedly I do the extra classes every week (well, just the 1-hour ones, not the evening classes, didn't get in >.<), but I joined the Cumann, went once, and never went back. I Keep saying "god need to go to cumann gaelach things ever" and then don't do it... Anyway, good luck. ;p

:eek: What's the content of the 1 hour ones like?

• Advertisement

:eek: What's the content of the 1 hour ones like?
    They're mixed-level so it's not particularly intensive or anything. Mostly just conversation and stuff. We're working through this yoke, and he tells us grammar points when they come up, but otherwise it's mostly maintaining my Irish rather than improving it, so I'd prefer to be doing more stuff. It's on during the day though and there isn't really a maximum capacity (there's only about 6 of us going still) so if you don't get into one of the evening classes it's a good option.

They're mixed-level so it's not particularly intensive or anything. Mostly just conversation and stuff. We're working through this yoke, and he tells us grammar points when they come up, but otherwise it's mostly maintaining my Irish rather than improving it, so I'd prefer to be doing more stuff. It's on during the day though and there isn't really a maximum capacity (there's only about 6 of us going still) so if you don't get into one of the evening classes it's a good option.

Are they free? Guidance teacher in my school left me under the impression Id have to shell out to do anything TEG orientated.

Still having a facility where I could work through that would be fantastic :)

(Thanks for the info)

My woo-hoo Record Store Day today, free gigs FTW

Are they free? Guidance teacher in my school left me under the impression Id have to shell out to do anything TEG orientated.

Still having a facility where I could work through that would be fantastic :)

(Thanks for the info)

My woo-hoo Record Store Day today, free gigs FTW
    Free yeah. I dunno if we actually get the qualification at the end, we're just using them as a basis to work off.

Free yeah. I dunno if we actually get the qualification at the end, we're just using them as a basis to work off.

Hmmmm that's interesting, I'd imagine you'd have to do the exams to get the qualification (Unless TCD hold some exams, I dunno)

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woo-hoo! Got accepted into my first choice masters! Barring catastrophic failure in the exams (touch wood), I'll be M.Sc-ing it up next year! Whee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Which MSc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

whoo lovely weather.. and no study!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Fricken free fricken 500ml fricken Jen and Berries!

D'aww
    <snipped at request of the person in the photo>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    D'aww

Did you ask them you could post that?

And a woo-hoo: congrats to hils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Now I know how Britney feels. Are you sure you want a piece of me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

For what? :/

Is she pregnant?

Is she pregnant?

Mae Culpa

• Advertisement

First of all, it's Mae Culpa. Secondly, that child would be awesome. Like you, only charming. Or like Hils, but tall.

Hey, I am charming, :( Don't make me unleash the spirit of Judo!!!!

For what? :/

Runner up student of the year. Fun times.

Now I know how Britney feels. Are you sure you want a piece of me?

I like how you posed whereas Boston was too busy going ZOMFG IT'S BAZA

I really shoulda used this baby for the photo though-

21042009062_thumb.jpg

The gratification isn't quite so instant, however.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Runner up student of the year. Fun times.
    Does that make her loser of the year? :P

D'aww
    <snip>
    Just looked at the photo properly.

An iphone? Really? :(

Hahaha, I noticed that too. Pity you guys weren't in Starbucks :P

It's also a pity that my old K800's camera is so much better than my 5800XM's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

First of all, it's Mae Culpa.

I'm not usually pedantic but it's actually Mea Culpa.

I like how you posed whereas Boston was too busy going ZOMFG IT'S BAZA
    I like how you interpret me smiling when I see you as me posing. My modelling career (as in the one with magazine shoots, not economics) is long over, and reaction times are not what they were. Had I known you were going to take a picture I would have reacted in a far more lewd manner.
    Just looked at the photo properly.

An iphone? Really? :(
    Hahaha, I noticed that too.
    I love iPhone and iPhone loves me! And I'm not one bit ashamed. You two, on the other hand, should feel ashamed for being electronics snobs.
    I'm not usually pedantic but it's actually Mea Culpa.
    whatEVER :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm not snobbing, I think iPhones are great. Can you get a unix terminal on your phone, J-dog?

Advertisement