Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

And a woo-hoo: congrats to hils.

Seconded! Fair play, hils!
    First of all, it's Mae Culpa.
    I'm not usually pedantic but it's actually Mea Culpa.

Epic :) Hard luck, TB, but you got out-grammared.
    Boston wrote:
    Hey, I am charming, Don't make me unleash the spirit of Judo!!!!

Dude, I'd be more insulted that when pushed for a positive characteristic you might pass on to your progeny, he managed 'tall'. :p Oh, and to answer your last question, it's in Comparative European Politics. So not the most science-y then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote: »
    Epic :) Hard luck, TB, but you got out-grammared.
    Out-Latin'd, chum. And I have forever expressed a deep hatred for the use of Latin in modern parlance.

The important thing is, no matter how wrong I was, Boston was wronger.

Dude, I'd be more insulted that when pushed for a positive characteristic you might pass on to your progeny, he managed 'tall'. :p
    Well, another more, eh, prominent feature happened to spring to mind, but I didn't want to be crude.

Oh, and to answer your last question, it's in Comparative European Politics. So not the most science-y then...
    :(
    No economics? Was it something we said? Can we still be friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

So which one of you had the womb implant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Erm thats what lesbians are for.

And I have forever expressed a deep hatred for the use of Latin in modern parlance.

That's because you are, as they say in Latin, a dorkus malorkus.
    No economics? Was it something we said? Can we still be friends?

Aw, Tricity, really...it's not you, it's me! I'm just sick of pure economics. I mean, just today, Dudley got all sceptical about the effect political institutions can have on the flow of FDI into a country, saying it wasn't properly quantifiable and therefore wasn't really that useful, literally 10 seconds after saying something along the lines of "So if you use 'Z' for intangible human capital externalities, the model works perfectly!" I like quantitative research stuff, but equally, I'm looking forward to studying something that seems less utterly divorced from the real world.
    Baza wrote:
    So which one of you had the womb implant?

Duh, weren't you paying attention? It's Hils - we're breeding her and Boston to create some kind of charming, fashionable, well-endowed Übermensch, remember? Amateur eugenics ftw!

(Sorry Tricity, your genes will be left out of the process for quality control reasons)

• Advertisement

Aw, Tricity, really...it's not you, it's me! I'm just sick of pure economics. I mean, just today, Dudley got all sceptical about the effect political institutions can have on the flow of FDI into a country, saying it wasn't properly quantifiable and therefore wasn't really that useful, literally 10 seconds after saying something along the lines of "So if you use 'Z' for intangible human capital externalities, the model works perfectly!" I like quantitative research stuff, but equally, I'm looking forward to studying something that seems less utterly divorced from the real world.
    Dudley is an excellent reason to give quit economics. I still haven't forgiven him.

Dudley is an excellent reason to give quit economics. I still haven't forgiven him.

I wouldn't say it's just him, but that lecture was a perfect example of many of the things that annoy me about economics. Not to dredge up too many painful memories for you, but remind me - what exactly did he do to you all last year that screwed everyone over so much? 10% of my grade comes from his International module, and I'm getting nervous remembering just how angry everyone was this time last year.

Not to dredge up too many painful memories for you, but remind me - what exactly did he do to you all last year that screwed everyone over so much? 10% of my grade comes from his International module, and I'm getting nervous remembering just how angry everyone was this time last year.
    Well, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, so I don't know what about him made him so generally unpalatable, except for maybe his poor lecturing skills. But it was his advice on the exam that led me to dislike him so. He told the class that the Securities exam would consist of knowing the models and how to test them. So I went and learned the models and how they were tested. Which was a decent chunk of learning. On the day, I was only able to answer one question out of four. Now, if I had gone to his office hours and asked him what I should be studying, apparently he would have told me exactly what was coming up, as this as what he did when TheEconomist asked him. However, as neither himself nor TheEconomist shared this information with me, I ended up beating up a perfectly innocent wardrobe and drinking myself stupid.

WooHoo: Drinking in Ranelagh is much better than drinking in town, cus although there are some nice pubs, you can still hear yourself think. I should not drink in town more often.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

New baby cousin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Just ordered a laptop!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Jonathan wrote: »
    Can a mod please move Kwekubo's post to the bitch/rant/moan thread :P

Damn right. €845 and integrated graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Boston wrote: »
    Saw that before I bought, it's out of stock! That price is prob from late December when the sterling was worth peanuts.
    Baza210 wrote: »
    Damn right. €845 and integrated graphics.
    What can I say, I'm a realist. Haven't gamed on a PC in years (except CS on LAN).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Saw that before I bought, it's out of stock! That price is prob from late December when the sterling was worth peanuts.
    At least you are doing your bit for the economy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Alive alive o, alive alive o, crying cockles and mussels alive, alive o! Alive alive o, alive alive o, crying cockles and mussels alive, alive o!

Leinster!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Was a good match. Fun to watch from the hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Am in sore loser mood so bah humberg.........mainly caused by the very annoying leinster 'fan' whom at the end of the match shouted 'POC lions captain my arse'.

Munster-Heineken-Cup-winners-2008_895050.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

It's spinning again!!

sphere_with_sphere.jpg

Unfortunately I have a massive bump on my elbow to prove it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heheheh having a bodhran makes it so much easier to make fans cheer - After so many matches over the years spent being the only ones cheering in the RDS/to a lesser extent Donnybrook, it was nice to be able to get loadsa loadsa fans roaring and cheering ;)

• Advertisement

Aye, brilliant result. My Limerick mother declared after the match that she had 'nothing left to live for.' Her four children felt suitably bestricken.

Aye, brilliant result. My Limerick mother declared after the match that she had 'nothing left to live for.' Her four children felt suitably bestricken.

I can understand how she might love Munster more than she loves you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Burn!

My Limerick mother declared after the match that she had 'nothing left to live for.' Her four children felt suitably bestricken.

You should get her to talk to my Limerick mother. She had already bought tickets for the final, so she's going to get a t-shirt printed saying "Munster for life, Leinster for today". I think it's about as healthy a reaction as I could have hoped for.

Wow, you're really quite mean.

Wow, you're really quite mean.

Sorry I forgot the smilely to take the sting out of that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Saw the new Star Trek. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

And you didn't take me with you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Any good?