Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I passed all my exams.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

babbit.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

minimalism_thumb.png

FAO neo-netbookers

Beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    minimalism_thumb.png

FAO neo-netbookers

Beat that.

Oh dear, I can hear it groaning under the strain, why would you do that to the poor lil' thing when xp or eeebuntu would work far smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Running a miniature study (to supplement a more important one) this summer, woop woop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Jonathan wrote: »

Some people think they're so clever and they have bucked the system, but rather they.ve just been given a chance they're too stupid to see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston wrote: »
    Some people think they're so clever and they have bucked the system, but rather they.ve just been given a chance they're too stupid to see.
    You were a quick learner then? :P

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Oh dear, I can hear it groaning under the strain, why would you do that to the poor lil' thing when xp or eeebuntu would work far smoother.

Watchoo on about? 7100RC is just as fast as XP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Pet wrote: »
    Oi, Podge irl. What's good to do in Cambridge in summer? I'm spending a few weeks there in a lab, and wish to avoid boredom in the evenings.

Well its a student town so there is a reasonable amount to do. The downside is that its the summer so most of the students won't be there. You could pretty easily kill a few evenings just being a massive tourist and looking around the colleges, going punting on the river etc. A lot of the colleges will be charging in over the summer, but if you have some kind of Cambridge ID you'll be fine. Otherwise just walk straight in and they'll just assume you're a student most of the time.
    If possible, try and wangle your way into a formal hall while you're over there. They're great fun and a good cambridge tradition. See what colleges the people you'll be working with in the lab are in when you get there, cause not all of them will be doing them over the summer.
    There's an absolute crapload of pubs, so that won't be an issue if you're looking for them.

Its not a very large place, and it becomes countryside fairly quickly just outside Cambridge (which is nice if you're into that sort of thing). The walk to Grantchester is quite nice. Cambridge generally has much nicer weather then Dublin too. London is only 45 minutes away by train though and the trains go three times an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    Watchoo on about? 7100RC is just as fast as XP.

For reals? I better look into this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Subscribed.

Actually, I'm down in the spondulicks count, so is it really a woo-hoo?

Ron DMC wrote: »
    For reals? I better look into this...

How's 2008 treating you? Catch up :P

https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/wizard.aspx?wizid=9ae77f00-f3ab-4076-a365-8300676a7144&lcid=1033

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

The Pixies are coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I got into the Euorpean Masters in Government!! Its a double masters with one year in Konstanz in Germany and one year in UPF in Barcelona! Only 10 places in the whole programme!!!

I wasn't very excited at all yesterday...feeling a bit more w00p now!

I am the Firefox screenspace champion!

/me dances

http://i41.tinypic.com/ao6brl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm. You also appear to be running Windows 7 RC. I've got the 64-bit version running on my Macbook Pro, but it seems to eat battery and heat my computer up like a mofo. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

thats what windows does.. :rolleyes:

mathew wrote: »
    thats what windows does.. :rolleyes:

But for all it's failings, it's still probably the best all round OS out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

That thunder last night was fan-****ing-tastic.

Except for roofs falling in 'cause of the rain, that's not so good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Decent storm, alright.

Audiobooks and chili sauce. :)

• Advertisement

I should probably learn how to spell sophister....

Digsby signs into my @tcd inbox! Ha, take that, Pidgin!

Decent storm, alright.

Am I the only one that slept through it?
    Jonathan wrote: »
    I should probably learn how to spell sophister....

So that was a pass then, yeah?

obl wrote: »
    So that was a pass then, yeah?
    Correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

obl wrote: »
    Am I the only one that slept through it?

I slept through it too...with the window open...think I may be a heavy sleeper.

Firstly the storm was not a woop for me. i sleep in a iron bed beside a window. At the first really big clap I woke up, and like the 4 year old that I am ran into my mum's room. She laughed at me. then I had to go back to the death trap bed and the storm.

But in a wohoo just got all 3 seasons of Black Books for 14.99 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MissyRock

That storm was great last night! Except the part where it kept me awake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Edit: why did I quote??

Whoo.. more money from Trinity. I thought the book voucher for a first was only in JF.. :D

I love when I find music that I like that I didn't know I had in my itunes.

Remy Zero - Fair

• Advertisement

Emailed Mechanics lecturer, I got a first in my Mechanics exam just not in the overall module because I never went to the tutorials...

*grumble*punished for already knowing the material*/grumble*

Advertisement