Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Define never.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

obl wrote: »
    Define never.

As in ever...judging from the apparent disdain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

obl wrote: »
    Define never.
    Well, I actually did go to a reasonable number of tutorials, just not the ones in the time slot designated for my group because they usually involved hanging around for several hours after lectures were over. Thus I seemingly didn't get much (1/5) for my tutorial attendance marks. I'm not bothered any more, just the score I got didn't correspond with how I thought I'd done in the exam which was all that was perturbing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

For the first time in two years I am not an Education Officer. Freeom & I can have my life back! ;)

Seriously though, woo-hooing about having an amazing two years but now getting the chance to reconnect with friends and move on and do other stuff. I also still get to do some cool education-y stuff but from a personal point of view.

So a woo-hoo for the past and a woo-hoo for a summer to be spent learning a language and getting ready for my Masters. And to not having to be tactful about my opinions.... :P

For the first time in two years I am not an Education Officer. Freeom & I can have my life back! ;)

Seriously though, woo-hooing about having an amazing two years but now getting the chance to reconnect with friends and move on and do other stuff. I also still get to do some cool education-y stuff but from a personal point of view.

So a woo-hoo for the past and a woo-hoo for a summer to be spent learning a language and getting ready for my Masters. And to not having to be tactful about my opinions.... :P

Fair play Bartley!

• Advertisement

Cheers dude! :)

Good times were had by all. Though I am never, ever, being involved in an SU again. Tá mé done. :P

Now to get through my DVD collection....

Also, did you see how my successor is my successor again?

Also, why doesn't the UK seem to have something like Boards? The Student Room appears to be the best they got. Meh.

Cheers dude! :)

Good times were had by all. Though I am never, ever, being involved in an SU again. Tá mé done. :P

Now to get through my DVD collection....

Also, did you see how my successor is my successor again?

Also, why doesn't the UK seem to have something like Boards? The Student Room appears to be the best they got. Meh.

Didn't have a clue about Hugh taking over as USI Educat, no thread on here congratulating him so I didn't know about it! But yeah, fair play again you crazy muppet.

He's not a forum-y person and I couldn't really have been arsed posting from Congress. Sorry, there was drinking to be done and a Press Officer's technical nightmare to sort out.

Thanks very much Statler & Waldorf. Hmm, now you have me thinking as to what Jim Henson creation I would be? Surely there is a Facebook quiz for this, all human emotions and esires can be expressed in a Facebook quiz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Baza210 wrote: »
    Emailed Mechanics lecturer, I got a first in my Mechanics exam just not in the overall module because I never went to the tutorials...

*grumble*punished for already knowing the material*/grumble*

I couldn't have sworn I warned you or perhaps another engineer about this sort of thing. Tutorials only work if people who know the material as well as those who dont, turn up. It's very much about students helping each other.

If you don't do assignments/go to tutorials, they won't bump you up. I know a guy who was on 69.25 % for his overall first year mark, and they refused to bump him because he didn't do the graphics assignments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sunshine, yay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

My result in one of my exams jumped 15% because the lecturer forgot to add in a whole question. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I once had a paper jump 31% because a lecturer was a retard.

I got offered an accommodation place in the University of Bristol. In my first preference location as well. Aw yeah, not being homeless next year! :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston wrote: »
    I once had a paper jump 31% because a lecturer was a retard.
    Same lecturer? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gamma23

The Student Room appears to be the best they got. Meh.

woo-hoo for TSR bartley woo-hoo
    and congrats btw

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Quitting crapy job. New job starts next week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm going to Kenya in August - woohoo!!

Hell yes, saving pixels!

pixels.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Cheerio cheerio cheerio. Wasn't sure where to put this but I am all set up for my year 'off books' now.

On a rant bitch moan post;

Working 100 hundred hour plus weeks is tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Cambridge is a trip. People clean my kitchen [sorry, "gyp room"] and my bedroom. The security guards are still known as "porters". There is tradition everywhere.

The biggest difference is in how they treat the students, though. I don't like to agree with Cantab., but he's right, Trinners really has become extremely corporate. It's especially obvious after spending time here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Happy birthday to Jonathan!!

Have some balloons.

balloons14-big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

The Library website and catalogue have regenerated. (Unfortunately, the reminders now come across as a little less gentle.)

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Happy birthday to Jonathan!!

Have some balloons.

balloons14-big.jpg
    Hahaha thanks.. Via facebook i assume? :P

yuss! 21!

Jonathan wrote: »
    Hahaha thanks.. Via facebook i assume? :P
    Yep.

Kwekubo wrote: »
    The Library website and catalogue have regenerated. (Unfortunately, the reminders now come across as a little less gentle.)
    But they are now in plain text.
    Much easier on the eyes. \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

YAY

I think I'll get into TCD, posting here may well becoming slightly less strange!!

Fad wrote: »
    YAY

I think I'll get into TCD, posting here may well becoming slightly less strange!!

Congrats man, let us know on Monday.

YAY

Well done.

My phone told me your birthday was today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Jonathan wrote: »

yuss! 21!
    Happy Birthday :)
    YAY

Congrats!

But posting on Boards is always weird.

Advertisement