Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gnl

Woo for Lawsoc Mock trial.....twas savage!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Free Fourth Week scarves! I feel like a proper society hack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Free Fourth Week scarves! I feel like a proper society hack now.

Come again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Come again?
    CSC gave out maroon, black and white scarves on Monday at a Commons/wine reception for society people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The new iMacs use i5s! Awesome, hackintosh-compatible build.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Baza210 wrote: »
    The new iMacs use i5s! Awesome, hackintosh-compatible build.

Hmm, if snow leaopard works with any of the new ati cards I might be able to stick on as a second os on my new build!

The iMacs top out at the 4850, but the Mac Pros are due an update soon (according to Macrumors' buying guide's average update cycle, in 4 days time) and I'm hoping they'll get the 5-series cards. Though, to be honest, DX11 isn't of much interest to an OS X user is it? Maybe Eyefinity though. Anyway, i5 + 5850 want v. much.

The iMacs top out at the 4850, but the Mac Pros are due an update soon (according to Macrumors' buying guide's average update cycle, in 4 days time) and I'm hoping they'll get the 5-series cards. Though, to be honest, DX11 isn't of much interest to an OS X user is it? Maybe Eyefinity though. Anyway, i5 + 5850 want v. much.

This is sounding hopeful, I just bought myself an i5 and a 5850 :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

phlegms wrote: »
    This is sounding hopeful, I just bought myself an i5 and a 5850 :pac:
    My C2Q Q9550 and 4650 are ample for my needs :pac:

Jonathan wrote: »
    My C2Q Q9550 and 4650 are ample for my needs :pac:

How vintage..

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Road Trip tomorrow! WhOOooOo. Haven't been to the Whest in years! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Long weekend anyone? Although Monday is my nicest day lecture-wise really.. However, a four day week is awesome, and sleep shall happen this weekend. As will far too many assignments/lab report type things, but I won't think about those quite yet..

\o/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Long weekend anyone?
    Extra long weekend. Clocks go back this Sunday. ;)

Jonathan wrote: »
    Extra long weekend. Clocks go back this Sunday. ;)

It's sad that the above has totally made my day! :pac: An extra hour's sleep on one night would be worth so much to me right about now.. Soon. \o/

Super long weekend for me, no lectures on tuesday :pac:

Oh how I love being a wondrously lazy student of the arts...

Hurrah, I can now search like on every other forum I visit! =P

Hurrah, I can now search like on every other forum I visit! =P

/awaits for fonpokno to rat baza out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

*tells on Baza*

Dirty traitor...

/me decides not to go to Eirtakon anymore.

Hah. A decision I wisely made some years back.. :pac:

• Advertisement

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Hah. A decision I wisely made some years back.. :pac:

A decision Ross also seems to make. EVERYONE'S A WINNER! :D

fonpokno wrote: »
    A decision Ross also seems to make. EVERYONE'S A WINNER! :D

We should totally hold our own "Not Eirtakon" event.. :pac:

Avoiding people ftw! \o/

I've never been to Eirtakon and I know little or nothing about anime type things... so a non-Eirtakon event would be awesome!

Wakendedness for the last 24hrs without inebriation mmflint.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Had the best time diving with DUSAC. Cannot wait for the next one. We are all mad though. Loons :)

And... (this is reeeeally sad) got the email informing me about a 24 hr study space. WhoOoOooooo. :D

Larianne wrote: »

And... (this is reeeeally sad) got the email informing me about a 24 hr study space. WhoOoOooooo. :D

I was happy about this until I realised I was never actually going to use it.. it takes a lot to convince me to go anywhere near the library as it is! :pac:

Also, 3 assignments down (well, I have to rewrite my mechanics and do some integration by parts.. curse not being allowed to use uvast equations because I'm not sure if acceleration is constant. >.<) and one lab report to go! \o/ Although I do also have another assignment for next week which I will also have to do at some point and I'll have more tomorrow. I had TWO assignments my whole year in medicine. I get more than that a week in TP.. ;_; However, woo-hoo for TP being more awesome in general. :D

Got my new PC built thanks to Mr.Johnathan's stellar guidance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Came home yesterday because I decided I had to bring my bike up to Dublin as a matter of urgency.
    Really excited, because walking from Halls to college or UCD is altogether painful, whereas THE BIKE will make everything better.

Just ran Crysis Warhead on max settings with a silky smooth frame rate. My inner nerd is crying with joy :pac:

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    Came home yesterday because I decided I had to bring my bike up to Dublin as a matter of urgency.
    Really excited, because walking from Halls to college or UCD is altogether painful, whereas THE BIKE will make everything better.

I really must do this.. my crappy mountain bike needs repairs, but I need to get back into proper cycling if I'm going to get a ridiculously fancy road bike for my birthday..

Also. I am being somewhat productive today. Assignments partially done, lab report somewhat done, I'm already waaaaay ahead of last week. \o/ Now to finish them, study for my calculus midterm and get a decent night's sleep so I can actually enjoy the madness that I have planned this week.

Advertisement