Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

bythewoods wrote: »
    Came home yesterday because I decided I had to bring my bike up to Dublin as a matter of urgency.
    Really excited, because walking from Halls to college or UCD is altogether painful, whereas THE BIKE will make everything better.

Ah but effort of cycling severly hungover every morning, much easier to sleep on the bus and forget to get off at trinity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

timmywex wrote: »
    Ah but effort of cycling severly hungover every morning, much easier to sleep on the bus and forget to get off at trinity...

A cycle in to college does wonders for a hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm in LG12 and I can hear Tar laughing next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Physics made a bit of sense to me last night. Well, it always makes sense, but I actually understood some of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I have Internet again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Got a mention in TN (positive for once!) and went from 'no job' this morning to 'two jobs' right now. OK, so they're both temporary and one of them doesn't happen til May, but still - not bad for a guy who literally can't speak right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Got a positive reply to an e-mail I sent a lecturer.... 6 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 oogyoop

It's Med Day on Friday! That's something to be happy about. This year we're raising money for Dublin Mental Health Recovery, Stroke Rehab Services in St James' Hospital and the Trinity Access Programme medical scholarship... so please, support the people you see in lime green t-shirts and medical get-up this Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Only have one lecture tomorrow at 2 O'clock. History really is the best course going tbh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Woohoo at not being a Liverpool fan.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

I haven't done a tap the past three years and I'm still on the "conveyor belt" of college, all set for my degree!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

There's a kitten in the garden. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

phlegms wrote: »
    Only have one lecture tomorrow at 2 O'clock. History really is the best course going tbh :pac:

What year are you in? I'd a lecture that day at 2...And yes, 9 hours a week is made of win.

What year are you in? I'd a lecture that day at 2...And yes, 9 hours a week is made of win.

Im a first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

phlegms wrote: »
    Im a first year.

As am I. Hmm. You doing Single Honour or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

week off... whoooooo :D

As am I. Hmm. You doing Single Honour or wha?

Yup, single honours.
    I've probably spoken to you at some stage..hmm..

Any Macfa... people, this may be of interest to you - http://www.macheist.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

mathew wrote: »
    week off... whoooooo :D

This, the mystery trip a group of maths/TP students are going on next week (well, it's not a mystery for me, but still!) and free book vouchers are always worth a woo-hoo. I've crawled into bed at the horribly early hour of 8pm and it feels lovely! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

One day of exams left, and then drinky drinky, drunky wunky! You can repeat the exams, but not the parties!

AND

*******1000 post.*********
    Woohoo.

Mod Note; Delete this Jonathan and die. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

dan719 wrote: »
    One day of exams left, and then drinky drinky, drunky wunky! You can repeat the exams, but not the parties!

AND

*******1000 post.*********
    Woohoo.

Mod Note; Delete this Jonathan and die. :p

Please delete it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Trains will be back, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Trains will be back, yay!

How'd that work out?

From what I hear I'm glad I stuck with the bus, so woo-hoo(!)

If your unit is outside the warranty period, is not the unit related to the information you provided or damaged due to improper usage, a handling fee will be charged as soon as we receive the unit. Even if you decide to have the unit shipped back without any repairing activity, this charge will be billed due to our transport cost and internal handling cost already incurred. Handling cost for Mainland UK will be around £35.00 (exclusive of UK VAT). Collection from any other location may incur additional charges.

Great, so just scare me into not doing an RMA. Thanks, ASUS.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Great, so just scare me into not doing an RMA. Thanks, ASUS.

Laptop broken?

Wait, this was meant to be in that other thread.

Yes, there's a large, and growing, patch of stuck and dead pixels at the bottom of my screen. I don't know what caused it but liquid crystal is leaking around inside the screen ... and unfortunately that doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would happen by itself :|

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Wow hoo! 24 hour study space is finally here! (being happy about this is pretty nerdy but its something people have being asking for years and years!)

Dear Colleagues,

The Library is pleased to announce the introduction of a new 24-hour study
    space, situated on Level 1 of the Ussher Library. This area will be
    operational when the Library is closed.

The entrance is through the existing 24-hour Computer Room, which is off the
    podium between the Berkeley and the Ussher Library. Access is by College
    swipe card only and the area has been fitted with CCTV for the safety and
    security of readers.

The Library has worked closely with the Students' Union to facilitate this
    enhanced service. Please feel free to send feedback and comments to:
    jessie.kurtz@tcd.ie

Kind regards,
    Jessie Kurtz
    Deputy Librarian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I have €150 to spend on books now. Cheers Trinity.
    Also I get free wine tomorrow night. Again, thanks Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

bythewoods wrote: »
    I have €150 to spend on books now. Cheers Trinity.
    Also I get free wine tomorrow night. Again, thanks Trinity.

I've already spent half of mine! \o/ One was a textbook, however I got my real book too. Yay for reading.. if I ever get time again.

Also, I have an interview tomorrow evening, su bookshop, convenient and few hours, decent pay.. fingers crossed I get it!

• Advertisement

Just finished that computer lab that should have been done a week ago. Of course, it probably doesn't compile / work, but I submitted it anyway.

Advertisement