Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

A true mathematician would have used radians; also you need to rethink that number; also what Podge said (I'd also like to reference SU(2) being the double cover of SO(3) and tying that it in with needing to do two full revolutions to give the identity, but TPs don't do group representations, though they do do bad maths jokes).

Thanked for making me feel infinitely less nerdy. \o/

(I'm crying on the inside.. Painful jokes are painful. Ah well, beats the constant sex jokes from half of my class! :pac:)

Oh, and just to cover up.. I twirled around in circles while making my decision? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Aoibheann wrote: »
    (Mini-rant while I'm on the topic: Wrong thread for this post, but it really annoys me when I see how some people just don't even bother to like the course. It's all well and good going to lectures/labs etc and coming to the conclusion that you don't like your course - but how can you know when you don't even go to your lectures? At least put some effort in beforehand. TP isn't easy, but we all knew that before starting. Giving up before you even start is ridiculous.)

Are you referring to someone there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Fringe wrote: »
    Are you referring to someone there?

Half of our class? :P Though I can see why you'd think I'm referring to specific people, I'm not. It's just the general attitude of a lot of people towards the course that really irritates me. Not yourself obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Sure made my evening :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

If you ignore me you won't be able to feel outraged. Beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Denerick wrote: »
    If you ignore me you won't be able to feel outraged. Beware.

Gosh darn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I found the Boardsie signin sheet in the Hamilton bathrooms.

Well impressed by the showing from the lads.

Ignore lists are stupid. It's like giving someone a free pass to talk **** about you. If you feel the need to respond to his posts why would you ignore him and let him get away with his posts without getting a response.

If you don't feel the need to respond to his posts then why put him on an ignore list, surely you can just either ignore his posts anyway or read his posts and then move on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Ignore lists are stupid. It's like giving someone a free pass to talk **** about you. If you feel the need to respond to his posts why would you ignore him and let him get away with his posts without getting a response.

If you don't feel the need to respond to his posts then why put him on an ignore list, surely you can just either ignore his posts anyway or read his posts and then move on.
    It also makes a mess of the thread flow.

A message still shows that there is an ignored message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It's just less annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

tumblr_ky0ji3IRWp1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ball headliner.

Major woohoo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Ball headliner.

Major woohoo!
    Who is it?

Ah now that'd be telling. ;)

I don't want to spoil it on all of ye. You'll find out Monday either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Nice quoting there. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Ball headliner.

Major woohoo!
    Ah now that'd be telling. ;)

I don't want to spoil it on all of ye. You'll find out Monday either way.

Maybe you have to be old for it be all over your newsfeed and twitter already.

I thought it was already announced Ro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

http://twitter.com/#search?q=trinity%20ball

If this is true then I'm well satisfied. Beats The Script anyway.

Kwekubo wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#search?q=trinity%20ball

If this is true then I'm well satisfied. Beats The Script anyway.

Class. I'm happy out with Digitalism too.

Maybe you have to be old for it be all over your newsfeed and twitter already.

I thought it was already announced Ro?
    Nothing on the official facebook or website. And the full lineup announcement is due Monday.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag now anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks for letting us know anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dizzie Rascal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Nice quoting there. :o

how the fúck did that happen?

:confused:

Also, sorry to moan in the anti-moan thread, but some wanker is after cleaning half the names off that list :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

'If I wanted to go to the Trinity Ball and was in a French lecture, I might ask "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"'

Flight of the Conchords??

Nothing on the official facebook or website. And the full lineup announcement is due Monday.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag now anyway.

Ah its the myspace factor.

Nothing is a secret on the internet.

There's a thread but as boardsie Shay deserves a wohoo!

Shay and his debating partner Niamh Ni Mhaoileoin just won the Irish Times debating competition!!!!

w00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Not thriiiiilled about those headliners.. fond of both, but they're not really mind blowing. We were owed something along the lines of a Smiths reunion after last year.

I still <3 you Magical Trevor, even if you sold out ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Going to Barcelona on Friday. Woo hoo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Dónal wrote: »
    I still <3 you Magical Trevor, even if you sold out ages ago.

Can't thank this post enough! Can still remember the first time I saw it, it took a good 20 seconds for it to actually load up...it has stood the test of time well.

Advertisement