Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Double first. Awesome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Finito. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

4th year here I come!!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

There must be some kinda way out of here..

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

got a 2.1, hello 4th year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Hamilton Library is being refurbished, might be half as decent as the Arts libraries now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Jammyc wrote: »
    Hamilton Library is being refurbished, might be half as decent as the Arts libraries now.

Never really had a problem with the Hamilton library tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Fo Real wrote: »

It does have an air of dinginess to it though. Not nearly as pleasant to study in as the Ussher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Fo Real wrote: »

Yeah, it's way nicer then the lousy Lecky library! Now that library is a dump!

Here's hoping for a fancy desk lamp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Masters in September :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ragalag

brownacid wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a fancy desk lamp
    Even with a fancy lamp the hamilton is full of science geeks and nerdlingers...I prefer to fool myself by sticking to the ussher and pretending to be artsy..the colossal science books can be a bit of a giveaway sometimes though..haha:cool:

ragalag wrote: »
    Even with a fancy lamp the hamilton is full of science geeks and nerdlingers...I prefer to fool myself by sticking to the ussher and pretending to be artsy..the colossal science books can be a bit of a giveaway sometimes though..haha:cool:

Yeah but by studying in the BLU you miss out on the slim chance of absorbing the geek/nerdlinger collective knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Good news, finished most of my GIS for my thesis.

Bad news, forgot to send three samples to Durham to get analysed.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

brownacid wrote: »
    Yeah but by studying in the BLU you miss out on the slim chance of absorbing the geek/nerdlinger collective knowledge.

Which would the average trinner rather miss out on:

Slim chance of absorbing knowledge -vs- quality leering?

'Tis the sad reality of todays society :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Which would the average trinner rather miss out on:

Slim chance of absorbing knowledge -vs- quality leering?

'Tis the sad reality of todays society :(.

Man, your trolling used to be of a much higher quality. Now you are simply saying today's students are too horny. Newsflash, students have always been horny!

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to a library." Frank Zappa

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

TCD Rollerdiscoing Beers coming sooooooooooooooooon!

YUUUUUUUUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Larianne wrote: »
    TCD Rollerdiscoing Beers coming sooooooooooooooooon!

YUUUUUUUUS!

Possibly the best idea EVER for a beers :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Only enrolled students can comment, thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Won't you be finished by then anyway, Tar? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Only enrolled students can comment, thanks :p

Pffffft... I have the points, I have the application - another few days and I'll be waving my acceptance offer in your face :p

Besides, you're an auld fogey now - college days are well behind ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hotaru wrote: »
    Pffffft... I have the points, I have the application - another few days and I'll be waving my acceptance offer in your face :p

Besides, you're an auld fogey now - college days are well behind ya ;)

Think of his dodgy hip!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You would think so wouldnt you :p

/fail stamps her app

According to the academic year structure for 10/11 we now have 3 weeks for revision before exams. :D

So they've finally updated it - any link? The calender I saw didn't have an update for anything beyond December really.

3 study weeks was the popular option, from when I was asking my class about it. 3 weeks is a bit too long for my liking, as I'll only doss for longer.. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Jammyc wrote: »
    According to the academic year structure for 10/11 we now have 3 weeks for revision before exams. :D

a0e44j.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

a0e44j.gif
    He looks surprisingly like Peslo.

https://www.tcd.ie/Science/local/pdf/JuniorFreshmanTRO71/ACADEMICYEAR1011.pdf

Thar's the link there. I think 3 weeks'll be just niice.:D

Ah, it was on the science pages as opposed to the main calendar page, I see. No mention of the gap week, must not be happening - although it doesn't mention Schol exams at all there either.

Thanks for that link! :)

• Advertisement

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Ah, it was on the science pages as opposed to the main calendar page, I see. No mention of the gap week, must not be happening - although it doesn't mention Schol exams at all there either.

Thanks for that link! :)
    Aye, I'd imagine probably the usual time of year for schols. Can't really see where else they could go? Oh and nae problemo.

Advertisement