Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

They've updated the CLCS computers :D
    Now they don't ask for your password every 30 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Very impressed with the computer rooms in the BSI! Makes such a difference from the furnace in the hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

NeuroCat wrote: »
    Very impressed with the computer rooms in the BSI! Makes such a difference from the furnace in the hamilton.

Found them this morning myself!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Where is BSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Jonathan wrote: »
    Where is BSI?

I'm pretty sure its the Biosciences Institute on Pearse St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

They've updated the CLCS computers :D
    Now they don't ask for your password every 30 seconds!

I leave the college and 2 weeks later, this happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

Sound lad at Java City, said I could pay later when I realised I'd forgotten my purse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kontakt

Warrior011 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure its the Biosciences Institute on Pearse St.

The new building? Where abouts are the computers?

Kontakt wrote: »
    Level -2. Towards the rear of the building. Out of the lifts, walk toward the back of the building, through two sets of red double doors, turn left, through one set of blue double doors and its the second door on your right.

I have Tuesdays off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Kontakt wrote: »

Word of warning though, they're closing access to non- Biochemistry, Med, Physiology etc courses soonish. You'll probably get kicked out if you're not supposed to be there.

Craguls wrote: »
    Word of warning though, they're closing access to non- Biochemistry, Med, Physiology etc courses soonish. You'll probably get kicked out if you're not supposed to be there.

Does this mean they'll be putting a little code lock on the doors?, I wonder how they would verify which course you're in lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Does this mean they'll be putting a little code lock on the doors?, I wonder how they would verify which course you're in lol.
    If it's swipe access with your student card, they can restrict it easily enough.

If it's swipe access with your student card, they can restrict it easily enough.

Oh really?, I always thought the student cards were just general across the college! Learn something new everyday.

PFM hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

So if people can swipe into the labs, I'm assuming they'd also have access to the computer rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

tolosenc wrote: »
    I leave the college and 2 weeks later, this happens?

Yep. All new machines (in room 4073 anyway, haven't been in 4074 yet) with the CPU attached to the back of the screen (don't ask what type etc, I know nothing :o) and operating on Windows 7.
    They're a bit slow to load when you first log in, but they don't ask for your network password every time you move the mouse, so it's a definite improvement!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Forgot to post in here on Friday..

Awful Student ID photo be gone!

Hello new, slightly pea-headed looking, Student ID photo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

New students cards have an RFID chip in them. Hopefully they replace the swipe system with it, much easier and reliable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

blubloblu wrote: »
    New students cards have an RFID chip in them. Hopefully they replace the swipe system with it, much easier and reliable.
    Yeah. Bit of a pain. They are on the same frequency as Dublin Bus tickets meaning I have to take my ticket out of my wallet now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah. Bit of a pain. They are on the same frequency as Dublin Bus tickets meaning I have to take my ticket out of my wallet now. :(

oh really??

damn it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Columbo box set. Just one more thing...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Worriedgirl

Grant money is in , cue frivolous coffee spree :)

Which county is that now?

Project supervisor seemed impressed with my progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Finch is my Physics tutorial person :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Got a paper accepted for a postgraduate conference!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Same for the Dublin Bikes too :rolleyes: Ah well, its not that bad.

That would explain those (what look like) card readers on the downstairs doors Im Bioscienes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

We got everyone's favourite chemistry lecturer for our project!

Advertisement