Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Trying to get through some schols study and getting fed up of it when my little brother walks in with a bowl of pasta he made me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Bought myself a bag as an incentive to study harder for schols... I'm saving buying shoes for the end of year exams (they do count towards what moderatorship I end up in)

Perks of being a girl I suppose :D

Shoes are the best motivation.... One of my friends said he would splash out and buy something for himself as a reward if he got schols.... Promising myself shoes if I get schols could be quite a good idea xD Not practical shoes though... Crazy high ones I'll have difficulty walking in and will only wear to house parties ;]

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

For those doing Schols, I'd recommend buying a ticket to Trinity Ball as a way of either celebrating a successful result or as a way to detract oneself from an undesirable result. I didn't get Schols last year, but had a Trinity Ball ticket; a few of my friends going with me hyped me up about it on the day of the bad news and we had a hotel room booked and all. I wasn't bothered by Schols that day after they hyped me up, and it really left my mind on the night of the ball, which is on the same week as when the Schols results are announced (get a hotel room too for extra bonus) :)

Sounds like a good plan to me! That's what I'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Got offered a lovely flexible part-time job without even asking for it. Yay! :)

23ish hours split over 5 days... finally, days with breaks in them :D

Almost certain I've seen a fox last night around 20:00 between the PAC Room and Fitzgerald Building before it went into the bushes surrounding the Fitzgerald :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Did much better than I expected in my continuous assessment up until now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

RedFFWolf wrote: »
    Almost certain I've seen a fox last night around 20:00 between the PAC Room and Fitzgerald Building before it went into the bushes surrounding the Fitzgerald :D

You almost definitely did - I saw a fox on the rugby pitch on Wednesday night around 9:15. Seems we've now got a Trinity Fox as well as a Cat! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

You almost definitely did - I saw a fox on the rugby pitch on Wednesday night around 9:15. Seems we've now got a Trinity Fox as well as a Cat! :)

I saw a fox last year after a Hist debate. Bastard was standing on the grass.

Probably the same fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I saw him by the museum building last week! Yay for trinity fox \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Had a (mostly self-imposed) deadline for part of my dissertation and made it by the skin of my teeth. Said I'd send my supervisor a chapter "by the end of week 3" - finished it and hit send at 23:58 on Sunday. So good to finish that section (and on time, as well, which is practically unheard of for me!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'm happy because I started this thread in 2005 and it's still going.... :)

Tesco self-service machine gave me 15 euro extra change this morning :D Nandos will be on them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

bscm wrote: »
    Tesco self-service machine gave me 15 euro extra change this morning :D Nandos will be on them tomorrow

That happened to me the other day too! Figured they were rewarding me for being such a loyal customer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

bscm wrote: »
    That happened to me the other day too! Figured they were rewarding me for being such a loyal customer :pac:

PM me what store(s) it was please! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Take that, hiccups!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Larianne wrote: »
    PM me what store(s) it was please! :D

Just don't post it in Bargain Alerts :pac:

• Advertisement

Just got my undergrad dissertation printed :D
    Eight months of constant research and re-reading about the same topic is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I, for one, am looking forward to the Ball!

Got my picture taken with Dan Smith from Bastille! And he hugged me!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Hollzy wrote: »
    Got my picture taken with Dan Smith from Bastille! And he hugged me!

Let me know if you see Dan Reynolds from Imagine Dragons :pac:

Final year project done and dusted. YAY! I can relax for the weekend. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Congrats! ^^

Stats are starting to make sense at last, phew.

Congrats! ^^

Stats are starting to make sense at last, phew.

THanks - sorry for not replying. Was all over the shop!

I love when stats start to make sense! :D

S'all good. At least you'll be able leave your Bat study cave now. :pac:

Finished college 2nd May, forever! Yeah baby!!! :D

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Finished college 2nd May, forever! Yeah baby!!! :D

3rd of May for me! 4 years of college coming to an end in less than 4 weeks :eek:

Advertisement